Yes you can. And we would not be mad about that at all

3 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

11 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Uh-oh.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Still waiting for the news that Champ is accepting tamale orders for the Holidays...

He is. Got my first order yesterday.

Brisket w salsa roja
Pork with salsa verde
Chicken with salsa verde
Boudin with mustard
Spinach/cheese with salsa verde

Also offering whole briskets, prime rib roasts, pit hams, and a full compliment of sides

Tamales are $17.95/dozen. These aren’t wimpy tamales. Three of them is a meal for most folks.

Still waiting for the news that Champ is accepting tamale orders for the Holidays...

He is. Got my first order yesterday.

Brisket w salsa roja
Pork with salsa verde
Chicken with salsa verde
Boudin with mustard
Spinach/cheese with salsa verde

Also offering whole briskets, prime rib roasts, pit hams, and a full compliment of sides

Tamales are $17.95/dozen. These aren’t wimpy tamales. Three of them is a meal for most folks.

Photo dump94116cd765cebf224ce9d1833a774f2f.jpg

The Reuben

2259cc3e182ab20426947b74e8a6d261.plist

Smoked prime rib special

4aee7c02c409070fc1ef78730d6b1e3f.jpg

9afd161d0682e15098f138a4382144c7.plist

Peanut brittle rubbed pork belly on a ancho peanut butter PBJ with grape jelly gastrique

94bc7f8e468f738700da1e34912ae886.jpg

Brisket loaded mac

bd8736ff37f85f2b651452cd9bb243cb.plist

Cajun benedict we made as a one-off for ERhine. Boudin filling pressed into a patty and fried off on the flattop, with a cajun seasoned queso

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

We’re all one big family and support each other. Well most of us do. There’s a couple jackwagons who could use a good tuneup.

#bbqfamily

Darrell is a good friend of mine. He was a photog at the Startlegram when I was a young sportswriter. He's been my cook partner in the TDC of Dallas Rib & Appetizer Cook-Off the last three years and we went to the Hico Steak Cook-Off in May. Sadly, I think he's ineligible this year since he's essentially cooking professionally now.

We won ribs two years ago and appetizer last spring. It's a cool deal. We had Tootsie as a celeb judge last March and she's committed to join us again next spring (hoping to lure Franklin too!) in addition to some other Dallas-area pit-masters.

So Champ, with your plethora of "elevated" barbecue, y'all are clearly doing a lot of experimentation and obviously at some point or another a few of your creations must be utter flops.

Care to regale us with some missteps? Bonus internet points for pictures.

Great visit today. Champ hooked me up with some of the daily special, green chili pork stew. Was a bit hungover and that hit the spot.

Ordered the brisket grilled cheese with the blue cheese bacon potato salad. Got a link of sausage and a side of collards. Everything was great. The sausage was reminiscent of John M sausage, just less spicy. It came with some pickled onions and a mustard sauce. A bite of sausage, onion, sauce and greens all together was phenomenal.

Anyone in the Galveston area needs to hit this place up! 1fb2b0dfedab567d0f1fd331fb4b7918.jpg729c38eae1620a27fca06cdc5f19f7aa.jpg5585d6ca6489974d1e9516d5cda54709.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
So[mention=985]pops[/mention] made friends in Utah who just happened to be coming to Galveston. He told them to come see me and issue the customary greeting. Which they did.

These folks own a bar called Wingnuts in St George, Utah. Go see them if you find yourself in the AO.

Thanks,[mention=985]pops[/mention]!49c6c88c48b42528cc2469c5686e47cb.jpg

Where's your other hand?

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

So@pops made friends in Utah who just happened to be coming to Galveston. He told them to come see me and issue the customary greeting. Which they did.

These folks own a bar called Wingnuts in St George, Utah. Go see them if you find yourself in the AO.

Thanks,@pops!49c6c88c48b42528cc2469c5686e47cb.jpg

She just texted me. One word. "amazing!" 

Not sure if it was the food or Jim's hand. 

Edited by pops
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I blame shaggy, err, surly.

ec750c6e34055da19d45c00c7e1bda55.png

For real though, being 5 months into this thing and placing second behind the most popular/swankiest steak place on the island ain’t too bad. 2019 didn’t suck.

Appreciate all the support your assholes have provided. You’re a swell bunch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChampKind said:

For real though, being 5 months into this thing and placing second behind the most popular/swankiest steak place on the island ain’t too bad. 2019 didn’t suck.

Appreciate all the support your assholes have provided. You’re a swell bunch

51st best barbecue in the state to 3rd best barbecue on the island, not bad.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, ChampKind said:

Its an honor to finish behind two places that don’t even have smokers onsite.

Give me a full year down here and let’s see what’s what

Where do they cook?  In their garage?

• 2 weeks later...