Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

We've re-traded our deal with the folks at Lucky's Lodge and Buck's Barbeque is going to take over all food service at Lodge. This gives me a platform to roll out my bar menu incorporating smoked meats and provides our guests a comfortable environment with air conditioning. So beginning July 31st, you'll be able to get my #bbqrazy foods from 11:00 a.m. until midnight-ish, Tuesday through Sunday. I'll be doing the smoking and running lunch service, and I have a cook who will run evening service. Make note, and come see us.

What's on the bar menu you ask? Things like:

Smoked spam sammich on white toast with pork n beans

Black and bleu flatbread with brisket and bleu cheese

Brisket chili frito pie

Chopped brisket sammich with slaw

Smoked brats

Brisket/turkey tacos

Possibly a sausage and cheese board

Possibly the pork belly banh mi

Tater salad

Pork n beans

Slaw

Additionally: I'll start popping up a couple of Sundays every month at VooDoo Hut in Kemah. We're going to test the Clear Lake-area market a bit.  First popup will be this Sunday, July 29th, starting at noon.

Edited by ChampKind
  • Like 8

On 7/23/2018 at 2:57 PM, ChampKind said:

We've re-traded our deal with the folks at Lucky's Lodge and Buck's Barbeque is going to take over all food service at Lodge. This gives me a platform to roll out my bar menu incorporating smoked meats and provides our guests a comfortable environment with air conditioning. So beginning July 31st, you'll be able to get my #bbqrazy foods from 11:00 a.m. until midnight-ish, Tuesday through Sunday. I'll be doing the smoking and running lunch service, and I have a cook who will run evening service. Make note, and come see us.

What's on the bar menu you ask? Things like:

Smoked spam sammich on white toast with pork n beans

Black and bleu flatbread with brisket and bleu cheese

Brisket chili frito pie

Chopped brisket sammich with slaw

Smoked brats

Brisket/turkey tacos

Possibly a sausage and cheese board

Possibly the pork belly banh mi

Tater salad

Pork n beans

Slaw

Additionally: I'll start popping up a couple of Sundays every month at VooDoo Hut in Kemah. We're going to test the Clear Lake-area market a bit.  First popup will be this Sunday, July 29th, starting at noon.

You open today at LL champ?

38 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

A little R&D today. Ordered a case of beef cheek to mess around with. Gave this an adobo seasoning, smoked it, then braised it in beef stock to finish. It fell apart just like I wanted it to. So, beef cheek tacos.

bd87998bc573478101a7e9db3aa34ed0.jpg

giphy.gif

Well, Buck’s is barbeque...elevated. And I was determined to prove that bbq can be served in a seated restaurant environment without any degradation of product. It was so effective that some other bbq dude in the Houston area now does table service at dinner time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Thanks bud. Some days are just a little bit better than the rest. Today was that day. And I was glad for that since Captain Stabby was rolling through for some grub. This is what I served him. It did not suck.26772fe091c37a5b577a15260ffcc0eb.jpg

I don't see how he can still eat beef ribs and brisket.

9 hours ago, luke duke said:

I don't see how he can still eat beef ribs and brisket.

Wait, are you saying it's possible to get tired of eating BBQ, even if it's top tier?  'Cause I've been assured by complete morons on this site that such a thing is impossible.

• Like 1

Champ, have you ever done a Brisket Melt?

I’m sitting here being fat having fat thoughts and wondered if someone would put fatty brisket on some Texas toast and melt some  cheese on it. Maybe some spicey mayo. 

Sooo fat. Sooo good. 

• Like 1

I had some of the smoked pork belly, and some pork belly burnt ends yesterday that were both better than anything any of you assholes had for lunch.  Brisket was again perfect. I try to limit my carb intake, but broke the deal yesterday for some of champs potato salad.  It’s some of the best you’ll ever have.  Love the greens too.  We all know about the beans at this point. You all get over there and support this venture. It’s absolutely top notch and worth your time. Oh...almost forgot to mention the fact that as good as the pork belly specials and brisket were, the ribs were probably the best thing yesterday.  I’m not a huge rib guy either.  That in no way diminishes how perfect the brisket was. It was great.  Those ribs were special yesterday.  

Been getting a lot of pub lately, including this from this past Friday. If you haven’t been in to see me you should find the time for a visit. And don’t sleep on the nighttime menu. The spam sammich, frito pie, tacos, and black and bleu flat bread are all selling well.

• Like 1

Been getting a lot of pub lately, including this from this past Friday. If you haven’t been in to see me you should find the time for a visit. And don’t sleep on the nighttime menu. The spam sammich, frito pie, tacos, and black and bleu flat bread are all selling well.

Will you still love us when you hit the big time? I need to get over to visit the next time I'm in Houston.

Yeah man, I'm a fairly humble dude. I've had more press over the past year than anyone else in the Houston market, and I feel like we're putting out some pretty good product. But I also feel pretty strongly there is always room for improvement. And that the moment you start believing what they write about you is the moment that you start to fall. Hubris is not a word that will ever be used in reference to me.

• Like 2

All well deserved and earned, Champ.  If you haven’t been by you’re missing out. One thing that you will notice is champ loves what he’s doing. It shows in his hospitality and comes through in his food. He’s giving you everything he’s got. It’s been a pleasure to see how his food and pitmaster skills have evolved from his pitnaster days at pappa Charlie to now being on his own.  I can tell you his skills are well polished and his food is consistently great at this point. Get over there and see for yourself.