Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

36 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Got invited to participate at Houston BBQ Festival on April 15th. Pretty excited about this development. Here's a sneak peek at one of the dishes we'll be serving out there. One of my favorite dishes off my lunch menu is the pork belly banh mi. Decided to present that at the festival, and have reduced it down to one bite.

fcAJr45.jpg

I'll likely also have a brisket station where I'm slicing on the fly. You should buy tickets and come see me. www.houbbq.com

That looks like a great bite of food. 

Lucky’s Pub is throwing a block party Monday through Wednesday for the Stros home opener. We’ll be slanging brisket and pulled pork sammiches and tacos all three days. I’ll be set up in the parking lot in front of Lucky’s Lodge starting at noon. There will be no regular lunch service on Wednesday (probably not on Thursday either...gotta do maintenance on the pit).

Champ, are you coming back to Frio any time soon or are you staying away to give PC's room to establish itself in Cypress?

To be determined. Not a “space” thing so much as doing what makes the most sense for my business. We may be back in Cypress before too long

• 2 weeks later...

Houston BBQ Festival was a blast. It was my 5th year doing this event, but the first under my own banner. We had a solid lineup of bites, and I had a really solid crew helping me out. I need to give major props to ERhine here. He and his bride have helped out at this event for the last 3-4 years, and because they had that experience I leaned on him pretty heavily to manage workflow. He nailed it, and it freed me up to slice brisket on the fly. Two of our dishes were pretty much his creation (a saltine with a slice of boudin and a spoonful of his crawfish gravy, then the Big Red ice cream that he makes for me). We were on the same row as Corkscrew, Blood Bros., Harlem Road, Roegel's, Spring Creek, and Killen's. I was right smack dab in the middle of the row. Our line was longer than everyone on the row except for Corkscrew, and there seemed to be some pretty good buzz about us.  Anywho...pics (to prove it happened).

8ze7Jpx.png

3zPYiSE.jpg

fZVpU54.jpg

7Gmrl6k.jpg

Shirts I had printed for the event. Loved the design, and wanted something that made my crew standout.

HzVPLGA.jpg

s43NRf7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't updated this thread in a while mostly because tapa noworky and I'm always too busy to sit down and get on my laptop.

We're still around, and still putting out some pretty darned good barbeque. If you haven't been in to try my brisket then you're missing out. I haven't figured out how to post pics now that imgur has been declared verboten (and photobucket haven gone all communist). But you can follow me on social media (@bucksbbqco) for pics of the product I'm putting out. 

We've added housemade beef sausage to the menu, and an 80/20 beef and pork sausage with pepper jack cheese. I've also started using Duroc pork again. It makes a big difference with the spares because Duroc simply tastes better than commodity pork. Still doing the same daily specials and sides, but likely about to bring the smoked meatloaf back to East Downtown.

My schedule has not changed, but we have started adding some festivals to the schedule. In addition to the usual spots (posted below), you will be able to find us at TXFest in downtown Houston this weekend. We're the only barbeque vendor at this event, so follow the smoke and look for the big ass BARBEQUE flag.

Regular schedule:

Wed/Thur/Fri - Lucky's Lodge from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm

Thur/Fri/Sat - Holman Draft Hall from 6:00 pm to 11:00pm(sometimes to midnight)

Sat - 8th Wonder Brewing from noon to 6:00 pm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still cooking good food. Still the same schedule. Fridays now features smoked meatloaf instead of prime rib. Still can’t figure how to get pics uploaded.

We’ll be at Great Texas Barbecue Festival this weekend in addition to our regular spots. Get your butts out to see us

14 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

I’m still cooking good food. Still the same schedule. Fridays now features smoked meatloaf instead of prime rib. Still can’t figure how to get pics uploaded.

We’ll be at Great Texas Barbecue Festival this weekend in addition to our regular spots. Get your butts out to see us

Just get ERhine to do it, he seems far more tech-savvy than you.  Even Armybrat seems to have figured this out...

25 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Just get ERhine to do it, he seems far more tech-savvy than you.  Even Armybrat seems to have figured this out...

if you have armybrat do it for you, only let him upload pictures of plates and other symmetrical things, that way when it's upside down we'll still be able to make out what it is.