Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

well shit...may just have to move back to the island.

only que i found down there that was barely worthy of my dollar was Leon’s...specifically his fatty cut.

he won’t be around too much longer i suspect. too bad b/c he’s a good ol’ man.
oh well...smoke or be smoked.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, thunderlounge said:

So what are your new hours going to be? Are Monday’s back in play?

Farley Girls is currently open from 10:30a to 3:00p Monday through Friday, and 8:30a to 3:00p on Saturday and Sunday. Those hours will not change. However, it should be noted that barbeque will not really make an appearance on the lunch menu for a while (for reasons I mentioned earlier). The brisket debris poboy, the black and bleu pizza, and an occasional daily special will make appearances but don't expect standard barbeque at lunch time.

At the end of June we'll likely add dinner service Thursday through Saturday. That's almost certainly going to be straight barbeque, and hours will be 5:00p to 9:00p on Thursday, and 5:00p to 10:00p on Friday/Saturday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

Farley Girls is currently open from 10:30a to 3:00p Monday through Friday, and 8:30a to 3:00p on Saturday and Sunday. Those hours will not change. However, it should be noted that barbeque will not really make an appearance on the lunch menu for a while (for reasons I mentioned earlier). The brisket debris poboy, the black and bleu pizza, and an occasional daily special will make appearances but don't expect standard barbeque at lunch time.

At the end of June we'll likely add dinner service Thursday through Saturday. That's almost certainly going to be straight barbeque, and hours will be 5:00p to 9:00p on Thursday, and 5:00p to 10:00p on Friday/Saturday.

when will you start serving pickles and tortillas? 

8 hours ago, ChampKind said:

damn solid plan

14 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Sounds like you’ve got it all planned out! I’m excited for you to finally be settling in, although you’ll be closed when I finally make it down that way. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:57 PM, ChampKind said:

Yepper. And serving up debris poboys and black/bleu pizzas this week too.

Has anyone on this board visited FarleyBucks this week? I was out of town until last night and I called this morning to inquire about the menu. The nice lady who answered the phone told me that they just had the regular menu (I asked whether there were any Bucks BBQ items available today) and said they close at 3 pm. I'm just asking for planning purposes. I've got a friend that lives here in G-Town and he's leaving Monday for most of the summer and he wants to try Champ's meat before leaving town.

Champ, I thought very seriously about texting you but I am guessing you're probably under some stress to get things right at FG and I thought I'd ask here instead.

Here’s the answer:

There will be occasional bbq appearances at FG over the next week. This weekend I’ll have pork ribs as one of the brunch specials. My regular ribs but with a half-caf rub, smoked gouda cheese grits, and collards.Also the black and blue pizza. Tuesday I’ll have a two meat plate available as a lunch special. Brisket/ribs/sausage with sides to be determined.

We’re trying to do this in a manner that doesn’t cause an outright revolt with the regulars. And I have some kinks to work out in the kitchen already, so don’t want to add too much additional stress right now.

And you can txt me any time, bud.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

Here’s the answer:

There will be occasional bbq appearances at FG over the next week. This weekend I’ll have pork ribs as one of the brunch specials. My regular ribs but with a half-caf rub, smoked gouda cheese grits, and collards.Also the black and blue pizza. Tuesday I’ll have a two meat plate available as a lunch special. Brisket/ribs/sausage with sides to be determined.

We’re trying to do this in a manner that doesn’t cause an outright revolt with the regulars. And I have some kinks to work out in the kitchen already, so don’t want to add too much additional stress right now.

Don’t worry, there will be no kink shaming here. You are in a safe place. 

Edited by Neonmoon

Thanks, Champ. Your Brunch sounds amazing. And I agree with Neonmoon about the safe place comment. I can't imagine running a restaurant, and I imagine starting off the re-branding and menu alterations would be damn near impossible to avoid kinks. That's why I came here...I figured if you were swamped then someone else would chime in. No matter what, I'll be coming by early and often this summer and will get the word out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Here’s the answer:

Our first trip to the New Farley Girls impressed. I loved those ribs, Champ. Also got a side of the gouda grits, which rocked. My son had some pancakes which I sampled and loved. All around it was a terrific brunch with friends (they were impressed too, particularly with the ribs).

As mentioned before, I'll be back often. It will be fun to watch the entire transition to Bucks over time.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, ChampKind said:

Here’s the answer:

On 5/31/2019 at 4:13 PM, Neonmoon said:

Don’t worry, there will be no kink shaming here. You are in a safe place. 

So is kink, and ok to text code for dick pics?  Lulz

1 hour ago, HoustonHorn said:

Awesome. My friend (UT Grad/Austin Native) is coming in from Australia with his family over the 4th and we will be in Galveston. Will definitely try to make it to FG. I'll let you know when to put that Meatloaf on the schedule. :)

If I was from Australia and you tried to take me to Galveston I would probably stop being friends with you. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1