Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

Got to bring the family by Buck's today for a late lunch and was not disappointed. Jim is cranking out some great barbecue and was nice enough to bring us some Big Red ice cream for dessert. The picture doesn't do it justice. Also, I want to do some filthy things to that cheesy squash. 8633553d4f28163fad84926a6ef2beda.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Praise be! The local regulatory body has relented and I have been green-lighted to build my pit room. Shits about to get even realer down here on the island.

Also....

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

19 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Praise be! The local regulatory body has relented and I have been green-lighted to build my pit room. Shits about to get even realer down here on the island.

Also....

I must have been good luck.  You're welcome.

Just got home from our trip and I have been wondering why I didn't order those damned espresso pork ribs.  Turns out my dumb ass didn't see the add 1/4 lb of pork ribs for $4.  @ChampKind, old farts like me need you to bold that important shit on the menu.  I've been thinking about those decaf ribs for a year.

Edited by dcbc

1 minute ago, ChampKind said:

They have. The word is spreading that we’re putting out solid food. Not just bbq, we’re putting out solid food

That's awesome. You never know how the local gentry is going to react to ownership change, even when it's for the better.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, ChampKind said:

Presentation and ingredients were slightly different but I had this for lunch today and it was damn good.   Overall, our table had the brisket hash, pit breakfast (pulled pork, brisket, potatoes and eggs), shrimp and grits and pancakes.   All of it was great.   As said several times, Jim has kept the FG brunch menu and added in some things.   Well worth the visit when in Galveston.   

Personally, I like the location rather than being either on the Seawall (traffic would suck), Broadway (parking and other concerns) or the Strand (parking and rent prices.)   Right by UTMB is a winner because a menu like his is going to really appeal to the hospital crowd, both employees and visitors.    We got there right around 1:30 and the initial brunch rush had slowed a little but he was still 35-40 full and people kept coming.   Even with that Jim took time out to talk about the business and menu.   Really enjoyed the trip.  

Buck's will be the go-to place to eat on the island from this point out.   

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Jeez that looks good. I finally made my first appearance yesterday with Dry Elbows. It was awesome. Had the brisket debris poboy and Champ hooked us up with a sampler of brisket, ribs, burnt ends and Big Red ice cream. My diet is shot. Can’t wait to get back. Thanks Champ!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChampKind said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/bbq/bbq-state-of-mind-podcast/article/Listen-How-Galveston-wound-up-with-one-of-14381778.php

Shout out to my bro [mention=1412]homesickhorn[/mention] in this one. Its been one long, strange ride. But damn its ended up in a really cool spot.

That’s a great interview.  Going to try to get down there last weekend in September.