superbowl pregame

Hagbard Celine

31 minutes ago, staboner said:

i was cheeering for the Rams, maybe just a little, but whatever this feels a bit cheap to me with those fucking penalties, especially that defensive holding

No, it doesn’t. Only reason Bengals were in the game is because of a horseshit no call on Tee Higgins that gave them 7 points. I can’t believe y’all are bitching about penalties. 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

All the Stafford hate is fucking stupid.  Burrow and Mixon deserve hate.  Burrow for being a humongous douche who ain't fucking Brady and got a little too big for his britches and Mixon for being a woman beating fucking thug sooner.  

can't really hate Burrow, he's made a great life from nothing.  NFL has lots of douchebags, especially at WR. Big deal, just enjoy the sport and forget their personalities. 

31 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Matthew Stanford “Uhh yea that’s why I came here but I’m from highland park and rich and I’m white so yea Uhh really excited, pumped, it’s rad you know? To just win and be white and from highland park and just rich you know”

Jesus Christ what a terrible post. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No it’s not. The entire thing is schtick. It’s a hedge against his promotion of free furniture. It’s cheaper for him to lay off the risk by betting the other side and it gets his name in the papers and on the news as free publicity. 
it’s genius. He sells a bunch of furniture at huge margins and loses on the bet while creating publicity and good will, or he wins the bet at odds and gives away free furniture generating good will and publicity. 

Think it’s more than schtick because my perception is he helps a lot of people during bad times.

Even if he didn't hold him you'd say each team got a shitty call in the 2nd half. Bengals had plenty of time to take it to OT. Rams lost their 2nd receiver in the first half. 
As someone with little rooting interest and no money on the game I find it difficult to be upset about anything. I thought it was a pretty good game. 

Haven’t seen it mentioned since the Kupp holding call, but Apple blatantly held Jefferson’s left arm on the attempted one handed catch. 1st and 10 inside Bengals 40 rather than punt. Significant missed call.

Rams we’re without 3 of their 4 best pass catchers.

Bengals were fortunate to have gotten this far. Starting with a 4th down hands to the face versus KC that actually got them into the playoffs in the first place.

Don’t feel sorry for them.

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

He was good for 2 INTs and disappeared until that last drive.

Keep on sellin, bro.  Go Scotties!!!  or are you front running Georgia now?

Fuck both those schools, just like seeing a TX guy win it. He was nails on that last drive. And one of those INTs wasn’t really his fault. 

No but they had nothing but bandwagon fans before then anyway. It's why they left in the first place. Nobody there cared about them. 
St Louis actually embraced them until the owner started his bullshit and bolted. 

You should check your history. St Louis is a shithole that was able to entice the then owner of the Rams out of Anaheim. They needed to go back when STL couldn’t help with a new stadium. They belong in LA. The Raiduhs should be sharing that stadium and the league should have stripped the Spanos family of the Chargers and kept them in San Diego. The league wanted the Rams back in LA and facilitated it.

As for your opinions regarding Stafford’s wife and kids, you’re a bit in the weeds.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

He was good for 2 INTs and disappeared until that last drive.

Keep on sellin, bro.  Go Scotties!!!  or are you front running Georgia now?

I actually appreciate the Stafford haters because it puts a spotlight on your head that tells you that you don’t know shit about football. Stafford is, and has always been, a really fucking good qb.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You should check your history. St Louis is a shithole that was able to entice the then owner of the Rams out of Anaheim. They needed to go back when STL couldn’t help with a new stadium. They belong in LA. The Raiduhs should be sharing that stadium and the league should have stripped the Spanos family of the Chargers and kept them in San Diego. The league wanted the Rams back in LA and facilitated it.

As for your opinions regarding Stafford’s wife and kids, you’re a bit in the weeds.

This. Frontiere pulled a Bud Adams before Bud Adams. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Matthew Stanford “Uhh yea that’s why I came here but I’m from highland park and rich and I’m white so yea Uhh really excited, pumped, it’s rad you know? To just win and be white and from highland park and just rich you know”

tenor.gif?itemid=7227906

White pipo bad amirite

26 minutes ago, Chad said:

Quinton Spain talked shit after surrendering 3 sacks to big Jeff Simmons in the divisional round and how fitting is it he gets blown up on the bungle's final snap. Guessing the bungles won't be resigning him for the 2022 season?

Aaron Donald is the baddest man in football and it’s not even close.

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Lol at people complaining about the refs when this game flipped on  about the most egregious non-call OPI I've seen.  I mean, the LB held Kupp.   I could have lived with a non-call given other stuff getting let go, but he held him.  He turned Kupp's hips. 

The refs should've got it right on the OPI and they should've on the 10 chickenshit flags in a row they threw in the end zone on the second to last drive. The refs were shit in both instances, a "make-up call" is also shit. There's a million chances to "make up" but the best make up is just calling the game as best as possible the whole game.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Rams were popular in LA in the 60s-70s.  By the 80s, the Lakers dominated the LA sports scene, with the Dodgers always firmly entrenched in LA, and the Rams were relegated to Anaheim, where they played to empty stadium game after game.

It perplexed the hell out of the NFL that they could not get LA to clamor and pay up to get a NFL franchise over those 20 years that they had none.  Worst kept secret, the fans could not give a fuck about a NFL home team.  Enter the traitor Kroenke.  Current owner of Jaguars, a U of I alum wanted to buy the Rams and keep in StL.  Traitor Kroenke, whose fortune came from marrying into Walmart royalty, had ROFR and exercised it, also promising to keep the team in the town of his birth.

Of course, it was all bullshit and a carefully laid out plan with Jerry Johnson and the NFL screwed the City of StL and got the Rams back to LA.  For his trouble, Kroenke got to lay out $5.5B for the new stadium as well as some substantial portion of the $780M settlement the team did with StL, so as not to expose the deceit and duplicity in which they made the move.

At any rate, given all that occurred and what Kroenke put on the line to get a team back in LA, you are naive if you think that Super Bowl wasn't nudged to his team the last couple minutes.

It's all a desperate attempt to get the LA fans to give a fuck about the Rams.  Hell, they were out-attended by SF in the last game of the season.

Like someone else pointed out, the future doesn't look bright for the franchise.  They mortgaged the future for this title and still needed the officials' help to seal the deal.

10 minutes ago, Wade said:

The Rams were popular in LA in the 60s-70s.  By the 80s, the Lakers dominated the LA sports scene, with the Dodgers always firmly entrenched in LA, and the Rams were relegated to Anaheim, where they played to empty stadium game after game.

It perplexed the hell out of the NFL that they could not get LA to clamor and pay up to get a NFL franchise over those 20 years that they had none.  Worst kept secret, the fans could not give a fuck about a NFL home team.  Enter the traitor Kroenke.  Current owner of Jaguars, a U of I alum wanted to buy the Rams and keep in StL.  Traitor Kroenke, whose fortune came from marrying into Walmart royalty, had ROFR and exercised it, also promising to keep the team in the town of his birth.

Of course, it was all bullshit and a carefully laid out plan with Jerry Johnson and the NFL screwed the City of StL and got the Rams back to LA.  For his trouble, Kroenke got to lay out $5.5B for the new stadium as well as some substantial portion of the $780M settlement the team did with StL, so as not to expose the deceit and duplicity in which they made the move.

At any rate, given all that occurred and what Kroenke put on the line to get a team back in LA, you are naive if you think that Super Bowl wasn't nudged to his team the last couple minutes.

It's all a desperate attempt to get the LA fans to give a fuck about the Rams.  Hell, they were out-attended by SF in the last game of the season.

Like someone else pointed out, the future doesn't look bright for the franchise.  They mortgaged the future for this title and still needed the officials' help to seal the deal.

The conspiracy bullshit that the refs were part of some grand scheme to get fan buy-in is asinine.  The defensive hold was blatant.  It was the right call and was not made at the behest of the league.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Wade said:

lol

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The conspiracy bullshit that the refs were part of some grand scheme to get fan buy-in is asinine.  The defensive hold was blatant.  It was the right call and was not made at the behest of the league.

I don't think there was any conspiracy, but that defensive hold wouldn't have even happened if the refs called the blatant false start before it:

FLiDwvfXIAAufNz?format=jpg&name=medium

30 minutes ago, Wade said:

Let's not aggy this thread up at the last minute. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Conspiracy! Fucked St Louis! They bought the team to win now!

Just stop. Sorry you’re all butthurt for shithole St Louis. Create some jobs and income and maybe some real companies will move there.

Anyway, the methodology of the rams can work. Every coach wants to win now. What is the value of a draft pick that has at best a 50% shot at being on a roster in three years? With free agency, trade your draft picks and get a proven player. Works for them .

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I actually appreciate the Stafford haters because it puts a spotlight on your head that tells you that you don’t know shit about football. Stafford is, and has always been, a really fucking good qb.

Meh.

His 2-1 TD to INT ratio doesn't impress me, nor does his losing record through his career.

The Rams don't win that game last night without the D-line coming to life.  The Rams offense was dead in the water for much of the game.

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No it’s not. The entire thing is schtick. It’s a hedge against his promotion of free furniture. It’s cheaper for him to lay off the risk by betting the other side and it gets his name in the papers and on the news as free publicity. 
it’s genius. He sells a bunch of furniture at huge margins and loses on the bet while creating publicity and good will, or he wins the bet at odds and gives away free furniture generating good will and publicity. 

I agree that all his sports promotions are great marketing and he gets publicity from the offers and then gets publicity from making these giant bets.  The only thing I've wondered is when some politician is going to try to score points by coming down on him for running an illegal sports book.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Meh.

His 2-1 TD to INT ratio doesn't impress me, nor does his losing record through his career.

The Rams don't win that game last night without the D-line coming to life.  The Rams offense was dead in the water for much of the game.

Yeah the rams inability to run the ball and Sean McVay’s stubbornness to not go away form the run was definitely on Stafford. 

He put together a game winning drive in the super bowl when they had to have a td. The rams don’t win the super bowl without Stafford. Not all year, and not tonight.