superbowl pregame

Hagbard Celine

23 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

if this score holds the Bengals will have lost three Super Bowl games by: 5 points, 4 points and 3 points

Up until 1998, there were only 6 interesting SBs.  Buffalo managed to blow 1991 and the other 5 were lost by the Cowboys (Colts and twice to Steelers) or Bengals (to the 49ers).

23 hours ago, naija said:

are all the people saying the refs gave it to the Rams just forgetting the TD where they missed the offensive PI?

They didn't call anything until the last minute.  And that one was hard to see anyway.  They didn't call the offensive PI on the 49ers when he tackled and threw down the Bengals player to get open for a TD (but they did call offensive holding elsewhere, so it didn't stick).

21 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The conspiracy bullshit that the refs were part of some grand scheme to get fan buy-in is asinine.  The defensive hold was blatant.  It was the right call and was not made at the behest of the league.

Its not an NFL conspiracy.  Its gamblers paying off refs.

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Something I noticed watching college/pro football in recent years. Refs rarely call tackles for this if it’s a split second thing. It has to be egregious. 

Although I saw about 4 or 5 false starts that didn't get called (both teams did it) and there was defensive PI on just about every pass in the whole game as bad as those last two calls.

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah the rams inability to run the ball and Sean McVay’s stubbornness to not go away form the run was definitely on Stafford. 

He put together a game winning drive in the super bowl when they had to have a td. The rams don’t win the super bowl without Stafford. Not all year, and not tonight. 

They wouldn't have won without Kupp.  I like Stafford, but he wasn't essential.

Well they were in Cleveland before that, but the Baltimore Ravens (the original Cleveland Browns) ran 'em out of town.  So are they Cleveland's team?

The Rams were established in Cleveland since 33. The owner Dan Reeves saw LA as the place to be post-war and had to sue the NFL in early 46 to move. He had a deal for the 103k seat Coliseum and they settled in time for the Rams to play in LA for the 46 season. The Browns first season as part of the new AAFC was 46. They really had nothing to do with each other. Browns came into the league in 50 with the Niners and original Colts that folded.

No, I hadn't.  Good thing AD bulled Spain then,
FLkdajSXIAM6Ni5?format=jpg&name=large

No, I hadn't.  Good thing AD bulled Spain then,
FLkdajSXIAM6Ni5?format=jpg&name=large

I saw this elsewhere. But,

Couple things. I count 10 Rams. So I’m either blind or that dudes off the screen. Probably in the middle of the field. So….

If Burrow is going to Chase, he’s either hitting it quick or giving that safety a false read to get heading to the left, which is unlikely giving the situation. My guess he doesn’t like the option pre-snap so he’s going elsewhere. And Burrow looks left immediately, which indicates that. He didn’t like his first post snap read either or the ball is out.

If he looks short and left, he’s got 3 choices. Then it’s very unlikely he’ll get back right and deep. Don’t expect to have that kind of time. If that safety is deep, it ain’t no smart to come back late, Ramsey falling down or not.

It’s 4th and 1. If Burrow wants Chase, that ball is out quickly. I’m interested in knowing where the safety is pre-snap, but it doesn’t matter cause Burrow wasn’t going there.

.34c5e8993599034852dafa7ceda5167f.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, bullet said:

Kupp wouldn’t be what he is without Stafford. It goes both ways. There’s a reason that two of the three best wr seasons ever have been qb’d by Matt Stafford. That’s not a coincidence. His arm talent is as good as it gets. It gets him in trouble sometimes because he trusts it too much, but it’s elite arm talent.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, bullet said:

As a Rams fan, Goff ain’t making those throws. So, yes, Stafford was/is essential.

37 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Kupp wouldn’t be what he is without Stafford. It goes both ways. There’s a reason that two of the three best wr seasons ever have been qb’d by Matt Stafford. That’s not a coincidence. His arm talent is as good as it gets. It gets him in trouble sometimes because he trusts it too much, but it’s elite arm talent.

also this throw was amazing 

They just showed that cross arm look away throw on gmfb along with a bunch of others Stafford has thrown. That’s pretty remarkable; had he looked at the receiver it’s not a completion.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Exactly.  He has TOO much confidence sometimes.  Tries to make throws he shouldn't.  But he definitely has elite arm talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Aaron Donald should have been MVP.  Regardless, the Superbowl should have Offense and Defense MVPs, so unfair to guys who never get the ball. 

SB57 is at the home of the Arizona Cardinals, do we get a 3peat for the host?

More like wee peat.

I was getting gas at a truck stop in SD yesterday and a guy at the pump next to mine had on a St. Louis Rams jacket. I jokingly asked him if he was still a Rams fan, and he laughed and said no, not since they up and moved to L.A. and let his son go as equipment manager. I didn’t ask if his son was given a nice severance or if he was offered a transfer deal that wasn’t good enough to entice him to uproot his family. Anyway, he said his son wasn’t the only one in that predicament, and he gave a more detailed explanation of what Hermanator posted a few pages back about the Rams’ coming crash. /csb