Cyberpunk 2077

GotThatFire

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked this back up over the weekend. They've got it patched up now where it's functional on PS4 and I have been having a blast. There are still some bugs, but nothing game-breaking. First major overhaul patch 1.1 supposed to be releasing any day now.

Up to level 11 now, and just now got done with the opening act and am starting the "real" story. I think I over-leveled doing gigs and side missions because the final mission in the prologue was ridiculously easy. I killed the Arasaka Mech in about 5 seconds. I went with an assault build, just gunning my way through any and all obstacles. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m still loving the hell out of it.

Has anyone else done different life path playthroughs? I swear that some of the Cyberpsycho missions are different. There are some I do not remember from my first playthrough (nomad), and I completed them all on that one.

First week or two I played on a One X until I received my Series X. It plays really well on the SX. Still bugs, as mentioned, but not really anything cause game breaks.

Just closing out the last 2 side jobs I have left befor I meet up with the Arasaka chick at the embers. I’m at level 50 now with a mostly net runner build and have all legendary quick hacks with the net v4. I’ve got through all the crime/NCPD APBs and at this point those weren’t even a challenge. I just ride up and shoot out a ‘contagion’ and ‘overheat’, I don’t even have get off my bike. Then just grab the evidence and I’m out. The ‘cyberpsycho’ and ‘suicide’ are fun but take too long.

Sporting the legendary mantis blades with some legendary components and I’ve upgraded my Yinglong to the 1,580s and my quasar to the 1,650s. One shot and done now. Skippy was my goto for 3/4 of the game but it seems he’s topped out now at the mid 600s. 

im just trying to finish up the last couple missions with Kerry before I move on the Embers mission. That motherfucker takes a long time to get back to you so to pass time I just start taking out arasaka guards with ‘cyberpsycho’. I’ll just tab a guy behind the gate and make all the turrets friendly and it will wipe out everything. If shit gets too hectic with the law, I just ride off. Rinse, repeat.

overall I’ve enjoyed this game. It’s incredibly detailed and that fine but it seems odd to me there are so many different consumables which only do one of 4 things. I stopped saving shit a long time ago and now just eat/drink whatever when I find it. 

Glitches are still here and there but nothing horrible (like when I fell thru the map). I would definitely give this game a high B+ for me so far. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Necro-bump. 

They just released Patch 2.0 which was more or less complete overhaul of nearly all of the game systems. A lot of reviews I've seen are basically "this is finally what Cyberpunk 2077 should have been when it was released 3 years ago."

Re-installed from my PS4 disc last night and then did the free upgrade to PS5 version and downloaded the patch. Gonna give it another go this weekend. Put in about 15-20 hours a few years back but just lost interest as it was so janky to play on PS4 at the time. 

47 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Phantom Liberty releases in a couple hours, I've been waiting to start a new playthrough until that it out.

From what I've heard, it really is a completely new game with new balancing. Mele builds actually work now, and the game is actually much more complete compared to its paper-mache launch

51 minutes ago, Captainant said:

From what I've heard, it really is a completely new game with new balancing. Mele builds actually work now, and the game is actually much more complete compared to its paper-mache launch

I think what you are talking about is the 2.0 update, which is free and changes a lot of the game mechanics.  Phantom Liberty is the paid DLC that adds an entire new map area and storyline.