Bond 25

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Am I crazy or didn’t the brits in the movies previously refer to the 00 spies as a group as double naught spies?  Kind of stood out to me when he asked if she was double o. 

You're slightly crazy.

CcoLnzOXEAAnGCa.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

The only thing I don’t like about that trailer is how emotional Bond is in a few different scenes. Craig’s Bond has always been a stone cold killer. Even when professing his love for Vesper he was distant. Now he finds himself speechless at the sight of whatshername, or he’s bitching at her with tears in his eyes. I hope they didn’t soften him up in this.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The only thing I don’t like about that trailer is how emotional Bond is in a few different scenes. Craig’s Bond has always been a stone cold killer. Even when professing his love for Vesper he was distant. Now he finds himself speechless at the sight of whatshername, or he’s bitching at her with tears in his eyes. I hope they didn’t soften him up in this.

IMO that's been the theme of the Craig Bond's character arc. Each movie has chipped away a little bit at his resolve and left him more human and exposed. I mean that's what Skyfall is pretty much all about. Since they pulled him out of retirement for this one, it would make sense that he's shakier than ever. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, Buzzrock said:

But I don’t want him shaky. I want him ass whipping.

I’m digging the Rami Malek choice though. Creepy Rami is best Rami.

There's buzz building that his character is gonna be one of the best Bond villains yet.  That's something the Craig Bond films has lacked.  Two financiers, a Joker wannabe (who showed up halfway through) and whatever Waltz was supposed to be.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Buzzrock said:

E96E3187-9A3C-4234-ADC5-8D522F70C5F9.jpeg.98adea2c9786d2219571523b4a5c9658.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:58 AM, RPM said:

The James Bond theme may be the greatest ever written. Seriously, it's magical. Even if you'd never seen one second of a Bond film it grabs you, takes you for a ride and leaves you wanting more when it's over.

Honestly, I think a Bond trailer could just be the old black screen with Bond walking out and turning to the camera with his Walther PPK (or whatever he carries nowadays) , the guitar kicks in and then fade to black with the date of the opening.

Maybe a voiceover...  Bond.  James Bond.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Release pushed from April to November because of the coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/media/no-time-to-die-coronavirus/index.html

(CNN)"No Time To Die," the upcoming James Bond film, is being pushed to November due to concerns over the coronavirus' impact on the global theater marketplace.

The release of the 25th film in the lucrative Bond series was scheduled to hit theaters in North America on April 10th, but MGM and Universal announced on Wednesday that the film would be delayed.
"After careful consideration and thorough evaluation of the global theatrical marketplace, the release of 'No Time To Die' will be postponed until November 2020," the film's official Twitter account said on Wednesday.
It will now hit US theaters on November 25. The film will be released in the UK on November 12.

The coronavirus outbreak, which has caused more than 3,000 deaths globally, the majority in Asia, has forced the closure of theaters in Italy, Korea and China. China is the second biggest movie market in the world behind the U.S.
"Like every other global company, we're looking at the marketplace and we're trying to understand where the markets are down," an MGM spokesperson told CNN Business. "A huge percentage of theaters around the world are unavailable for this film."
The spokesperson said that it "didn't seem achievable for the film to hit its high level of success" in this marketplace. "It was really an economic decision more than anything else," the spokesperson added.
"No Time To Die," which was set to be one of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters of the spring, is the first major film to shift its opening due to the coronavirus.

"This is a huge deal," Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore (SCOR), told CNN Business. "James Bond is one of cinema's highest profile franchises. It's brought in nearly $5 billion worldwide over 24 films and is beloved around the world. To move it with weeks to go until its release is unprecedented."
Dergarabedian added that more studios might consider "shifting the schedules of their global blockbusters in this way to ensure the best possible outcome for their films going forward."

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Release pushed from April to November because of the coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/media/no-time-to-die-coronavirus/index.html

Not sure I believe. What's to say that the problem might be worse in November? And in the meantime they're going to sit on 100s of millions in delayed revenue? I wonder if there are problems with test audiences that are leading to edits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure I believe. What's to say that the problem might be worse in November? And in the meantime they're going to sit on 100s of millions in delayed revenue? I wonder if there are problems with test audiences that are leading to edits.

I'll need somebody like henrygandorf to chime in but don't movies live-and-die on the first couple of weekends of release. If this is worse in April -- and it could be -- then people might be afraid to go to movie theaters. I saw that they've said Serie A matches in Italy will be played with no fans until at least early April!

Just now, C-Man said:

I'll need somebody like henrygandorf to chime in but don't movies live-and-die on the first couple of weekends of release. If this is worse in April -- and it could be -- then people might be afraid to go to movie theaters. I saw that they've said Serie A matches in Italy will be played with no fans until at least early April!

I understand that you need to plan risks but they also don't have to make this decision today. I realize that cancelling the premieres closer to the release date create problems and costs but it also has to be a gut punch to delay the entire movie by 6 months. And November isn't exactly blockbuster movie releases anyway. 

Yep, I had this marked on my calendar and could not wait. This is a gut punch. It does make you wonder if there are other problems. But - if I’m not mistaken they’ve been releasing the Bond films later in the year, like early November. April was actually a surprise. But, the whole thing has been full of delays. From script, director, soundtrack, whether Craig was going to be in it, etc. 

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That.looks.awesome.

Does it? Most of it looks like super generic action movie pablum. You could have told me this was a Mission Impossible trailer and I wouldn't have been surprised.

Also does every Bond movie need a facially disfigured villain? Malek's character just looks like a Dr. No retread.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Does it? Most of it looks like super generic action movie pablum. You could have told me this was a Mission Impossible trailer and I wouldn't have been surprised.

Also does every Bond movie need a facially disfigured villain? Malek's character just looks like a Dr. No retread.

Gagreed.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

It's James Bond -- the most formulaic movie franchise in history. I'll give you the facially disfigured part, but regarding the rest, what do you expect? He's going to save the world from being destroyed by a super villain, get some cool new toys, travel to exotic locations, nail some super hot chicks and spout off some snarky one liners. Were you expecting the Notebook?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's James Bond -- the most formulaic movie franchise in history. I'll give you the facially disfigured part, but regarding the rest, what do you expect? He's going to save the world from being destroyed by a super villain, get some cool new toys, travel to exotic locations, nail some super hot chicks and spout off some snarky one liners. Were you expecting the Notebook?

So...there's this rumor he gets all woke in this one.  Might just be crap talk from the Blue Pills, but still.