Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

My 13 yo son pointed out to me that InO employs quite a few young curvy women.  He's noticed it at multiple locations.

I wasn't really paying attention.

In-N-Out pays really well, too, which I respect.  You can be a general manager at Whataburger and make $40,000 a year, or you can be a general manager at In-N-Out and make six figures. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

In-N-Out pays really well, too, which I respect.  You can be a general manager at Whataburger and make $40,000 a year, or you can be a general manager at In-N-Out and make six figures. 

I wonder what Chick Fil A pays their employees? I do know the people working there get much better benefits than other fast food places. Especially when it comes to going to school. I heard they don't want their employees working there their whole lives. It's a stepping stone to better things in life. At both In N Out and Chick Fil A, I hardly ever see middle aged adults working there. It is always high school and college aged kids. Whataburger is the total opposite of the demographic they hire.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder what Chick Fil A pays their employees? I do know the people working there get much better benefits than other fast food places. Especially when it comes to going to school. I heard they don't want their employees working there their whole lives. It's a stepping stone to better things in life. At both In N Out and Chick Fil A, I hardly ever see middle aged adults working there. It is always high school and college aged kids. Whataburger is the total opposite of the demographic they hire.

I worked at Chick-fil-A in high school, so late 90s, 2000ish.  I made about what you'd expect for a high school fast food job, about $8 an hour.  I'm not sure what managers made.  But you're right about the benefits.  They will give scholarships to their employees and help pay for college, and if you work there long enough and meet certain criteria they'll gift you a franchise. 

I know a girl I worked with 20 years ago got her own franchise about 3 or 4 years ago.  She just never left and kept working her way up, and now she's an owner. Another guy I knew was being groomed for one, but he eventually got sick of working in fast food and left.  That was several years ago.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, Vic Mackey said:

109485032-4635605633148651-1384783343823

Absolute truth.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:07 AM, Tom said:

Yep.  Both are good, and the weird level of hate In-N-Out gets from some on this board and real life is just a regional dick measuring contest.  If Whataburger and In-N-Out were both founded and owned in Iowa, people wouldn't have half as strong of opinions about either of them.

I prefer In-N-Out, mainly for the difference in their service but I also prefer their burgers.  I've sat in Whataburger drive-thrus long enough for my "made to order" food come out cold. That or they're full of crap about always making your food after you order.  I do like that Whataburger has a lot more options than the limited menu at In-N-Out.

WB serves breakfast.  Game, set, match.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

what does one net per year by owning a chick-fil-a franchise?  ballpark. 

Your guess is as good as mine.  Google search says an average of $100,000 per year, which seems surprisingly low.  My old boss drove a car and lived in a house that suggested he made more.

7 hours ago, futureman said:

what does one net per year by owning a chick-fil-a franchise?  ballpark. 

Most of them do about $4mm+/yr gross.  They probably net $450-600k out of that and I believe the Managing Partner earns 49% of that if I remember correctly.  

so the managing partner/owner of the store will pull $250-300k/ yr out of an average store, much more for a really busy one.  

they have serious stipulations as well.  The owner has to work something like 45% of the open store hours which is typically 96hours/wk for most of their stores.  They have to work at least 1 of each shift (breakfast/lunch/dinner) as well.  

they pay their folks pretty well, and set them up for success, but they make em work for it too.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Most of them do about $4mm+/yr gross.  They probably net $450-600k out of that and I believe the Managing Partner earns 49% of that if I remember correctly.  

so the managing partner/owner of the store will pull $250-300k/ yr out of an average store, much more for a really busy one.  

they have serious stipulations as well.  The owner has to work something like 45% of the open store hours which is typically 96hours/wk for most of their stores.  They have to work at least 1 of each shift (breakfast/lunch/dinner) as well.  

they pay their folks pretty well, and set them up for success, but they make em work for it too.  

Sounds kind of like Lubys back in the 80s. Those GMs made bank but were always at the restaurant.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Sounds kind of like Lubys back in the 80s. Those GMs made bank but were always at the restaurant.

There were 93 Luby's in August 2015, and this declined to 78 in 2019. Technomic consumer insights senior manager Robert Byrne stated that the fast casual restaurants reduced Luby's market share.[5]

During the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, Luby's Inc furloughed more than half of its corporate staff and cut the pay of remaining salaried employees by 50 percent. Luby's Inc also applied for and received a loan of US$10 million as part of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).[14]

On June 3, 2020, Luby's Board of Directors announced plans to sell all its operating divisions and assets, including real estate assets.[15] This decision was influenced in part by circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Net proceeds from transactions will benefit Luby's stockholders. The company does not have a definitive timeline for future transactions, but expects to eventually wind down remaining operations.

Kinda sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

damn 100 hours a week at chick-fil-a?  that’s rough. 

Plus, they get Sundays off! 

Why did they build one inside the Atlanta Falcons stadium if they can't be open the one day a week the Falcons play?  

And does the managing partner of that one also have to be there 45% of store hours because I would imagine they don't get much foot traffic inside that stadium during the week.  

5 hours ago, futureman said:

damn 100 hours a week at chick-fil-a?  that’s rough. 

No, the stores are open 96 hours/week.  They have to be on the floor working for about 45, plus their other duties (ordering food, running books, scheduling employees, etc. ) 

they don’t want absentee owners 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Plus, they get Sundays off! 

Why did they build one inside the Atlanta Falcons stadium if they can't be open the one day a week the Falcons play?  

And does the managing partner of that one also have to be there 45% of store hours because I would imagine they don't get much foot traffic inside that stadium during the week.  

plus the mascot eats chikins

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

114705493_3667240679972613_3561491126454

Well, he's at a Burger King breaking the cardinal rule that an iron and denim should never meet.  And it looks like he's got an Aggie behind him.  There is so much wrong in this picture that the guy has taken to jotting down notes to commemorate the incidents apparently.  

This was pretty good.

In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations.
A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24.
The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9.
The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.
Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan.

James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus, Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
(It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2