Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

A guy I work with accidentally put DEF in his diesel tank while he was traveling. He started it up and immediately realized something was wrong so he shut it back down. I want to say the final bill was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k. He got lucky that his insurance has a dumbass clause and they covered it.

9 minutes ago, EE2B said:

A guy I work with accidentally put DEF in his diesel tank while he was traveling. He started it up and immediately realized something was wrong so he shut it back down. I want to say the final bill was somewhere in the neighborhood of 15k. He got lucky that his insurance has a dumbass clause and they covered it.

That's mostly why we have insurance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Much better than gasoline in a diesel tank, though. 

Lulz.  

Gotta cop to my own moment of dumbass. In the country I live, diesel handle is black and regular unleaded is green, which goes against every trained instinct I have.  Diesel won’t fit in my own vehicle’s opening, which saved my ass a few times.

BUT I had a diesel rental once (much more common here for even small cars). Stopped to fill up before return, merrily filled the thing up with regular without a care. I noticed my shithead move before starting the car, luckily.  Stood there staring at the car for a good five minutes trying to think of a way to explain this that didn’t involve me being a dumbass.  Then I gave up and called the rental company. They were surprisingly cool, said that it happened and since I called them instead of trying to drive it or deny it, I wasn’t even on the hook for the tow and draining of fuel system. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, markstanco said:
59 minutes ago, Bullneck said:
^ I have that very same Lodge cast iron pan and I put soap on it this morning.  Fuck the anti-soapers.

Just use an aluminum pan from wal mart then. Same thing but easier.

Actually, no.  

It cleans easier than any pan I've ever had.