Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

When I worked in the Arboretum many years ago, I probably spent $5,000 a year for a few years at that Cheesecake Factory.  And I don't think I ever ate anything there because every entree I saw brought out looked so atrocious.  But there were cute bartenders, cute patrons, and heavy pours.  /csb

If you count Airport Chili's, that's the next most frequented chain on that list for me.  

The crazy thing to me is people think those are affordable family-friendly restaurants.  And they're not.  They're effectively advertised as that those places are rip-offs.  Family of four can't get out for under $100 at most of those places.  That's insane to me.  They're charging $17 for a 'steak' and still making 20% margins.  That's insane.  Their food quality is below that of Subway.  /rant

I am constantly blown away at how well the Olive Garden on South Lamar does.  I have never, ever driven by it after 5:00p and there wasn't a literal line out of the door---even during Covid-19.  The Red Lobster across the street never has more than 10 cars in the lot but it has somehow remained open for 25+ years.  

5 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

FB-IMG-1632749887562.jpg

Olive Garden salet and breadsticks is good as hell. Not “good for a chain restaurant”, but damn good period unless you get stale breadsticks, then you ask for fresh. And extra red onions and peppers in the salet cause they skimp on that shirt otherwise. Ignore the temptation to order anything else. 

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

What's the logic there? Curious because I don't think I've seen the inside of a gas station except for bathroom breaks on road trips.

I’m guessing because of thieves scamming the card readers outside? It’s happened to me before where I got hacked and I told myself to pay inside from now on. Lasted maybe a week, fuck all that. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Like 1