Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

responsible?  facebook isn’t responsible for a goddamn thing.  they’re more like a lens. 

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with social media at all. It's a camera of what society is like. People are just now being exposed to it all at once.

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with social media at all. It's a camera of what society is like. People are just now being exposed to it all at once.

Problem is it also magnifies the stupid.  You get someone who posts something stupid and then a few hundred or thousand agree and soon our perception is that "everyone", "all" etc fall into that category, when in reality millions look at the information and see it as stupid, racist, bad, etc.   But social media shows us see the information in a vacuum and we don't see the forest for the trees.

This is true on both sides of the political aisle.   And social media leads to short snide interactions instead of real discussion and understanding.  It's not the technologies fault, but with how we are wired it does not do us any favors when it comes to having thoughtful conversations/discussions.

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I miss when stupid people didn't have a billboard to assert their stupidity nor had a place to congregate and share stupid ideas with other stupid people. Facebook really is mostly responsible for everything bad.

You can lose your mind in this black hole.

https://www.reddit.com/r/insanepeoplefacebook/

I broke my brain looking through the first two pages of that. Thanks. 

"We have 2.9 million gun owners in America, thus, we have the largest army in the world."

As if some 45 year old who gets winded walking to the deer stand with his 30:06 is remotely comparable to a trained soldier or marine trained in tactics and combat while also being in peak physical condition and possessing advanced weapons systems.

It's the most incel, Call of Duty horseshit comparison ever.

Edited by Iceman

13 hours ago, Iceman said:

"We have 2.9 million gun owners in America, thus, we have the largest army in the world."

As if some 45 year old who gets winded walking to the deer stand with his 30:06 is remotely comparable to a trained soldier or marine trained in tactics and combat while also being in peak physical condition and possessing advanced weapons systems.

It's the most incel, Call of Duty horseshit comparison ever.

Walking? Bub, we drive right up the deer stand in our $8000 ATV. Can't take a chance on getting my $300 hunting boots dirty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Walking? Bub, we drive right up the deer stand in our $8000 ATV. Can't take a chance on getting my $300 hunting boots dirty.

LMao I’ve had people for years like jokes at my old ass red wing hunting ropers in favor of their fancy hunting moccasin boots or whatever... and yet then it starts to rain and they complain that they can’t get these wet or else they’ll have to treat and yada yada yada...

Meanwhile I’m shin deep in muck and my boots look the same as they did in 1997...

And god forbid they have to hike in 800 yards from the front to our stands...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1