Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

4 hours ago, baboso said:

Boobie's healthy?  Mojo all the way.

It's actually an interesting question.  Obviously Bertier is also healthy for TC.  What Remember the Titans kind of glosses over is that racial tensions aside that TC Williams team was really a consolidation of three (not two) high schools and in effect was an All-Star team for the city of Alexandria VA as they were able to take the best from TC, Hammond and George Washington HS.  The movie also paints Alexandria as a bit smaller town than it is (it's directly south of Washington D.C. for crying out loud). 

Now ultimately I think a completely healthy Texas 5A/6A team, and especially one that's only blemish was to THAT Dallas Carter team beats the best of Virginia but with the  circumstance of it being a bit of an All Star team (with players we know also went on to play college ball) it might not be a walkover.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's actually an interesting question.  Obviously Bertier is also healthy for TC.  What Remember the Titans kind of glosses over is that racial tensions aside that TC Williams team was really a consolidation of three (not two) high schools and in effect was an All-Star team for the city of Alexandria VA as they were able to take the best from TC, Hammond and George Washington HS.  The movie also paints Alexandria as a bit smaller town than it is (it's directly south of Washington D.C. for crying out loud). 

Now ultimately I think a completely healthy Texas 5A/6A team, and especially one that's only blemish was to THAT Dallas Carter team beats the best of Virginia but with the  circumstance of it being a bit of an All Star team (with players we know also went on to play college ball) it might not be a walkover.  

I agree with all of the above.  Are there time machines in this scenario?  We're talking about 1988 vs 1971.  Assuming it takes place in the "Friday Night Lights" universe (because nobody wants to see a bunch of high schoolers play football against babies), this is going to be a game of a bunch of 16-18-year-old young Odessa Permian kids who do nothing but practice, lift weights, and practice vs. a bunch of 33-35-year-old men who work at banks or have had kids and have physically given up from "Remember the Titans."  Odessa wins easily.

If time machines are involved and both are playing at the same age, Odessa Permian still wins because whatever offense they were running in Alexandria in 1971 is already irrelevant and the game has moved way past Denzel Washington.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

If time machines are involved and both are playing at the same age, Odessa Permian still wins because whatever offense they were running in Alexandria in 1971 is already irrelevant and the game has moved way past Denzel Washington.

Maybe, but it might be so retro it would work in their favor. How much time does Mojo have to prepare for the Wing T or Flying Wedge or whatever? 

9 hours ago, purplepride95 said:

He married a black woman. The joke is white people don’t season there food and they put raisins in they potato salad.

I’m familiar with the seasoning joke. I’ve never in my life heard of anyone—black, white, yellow, green, or purple—putting raisins in potato salad. had no idea that was a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, purplepride95 said:

That's pretty funny. I'm Caucasian but I'm a native Texan.  I tend to over-season food. Raisins in potato salad? Fuck no. No raisins in slaw or turkey dressing, either, and don't put that weird ass sweet white dressing on the slaw. Oil, lemon, salt, and cracked pepper on the slaw and that's it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Restinmybones said:

That's pretty funny. I'm Caucasian but I'm a native Texan.  I tend to over-season food. Raisins in potato salad? Fuck no. No raisins in slaw or turkey dressing, either, and don't put that weird ass sweet white dressing on the slaw. Oil, lemon, salt, and cracked pepper on the slaw and that's it.  

I was a grown-assed man before I found out there's cole slaw in the world not made with Miracle Whip. Ditto for carrot salad.

Thankfully I was raised without the raisin abomination, though.

• Like 1