Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

On 1/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, Surly Bevo said:

Hell yea it is.  And as an adult you appreciate a lot of what comes with it.  I'm no Disney wonk (went once as a teenager to WDW and then been to WDW and DL once each with my kids) but on those two trips when the day has grown long, hot and the crowds tiresome....shorter lines, air condition, and a feel good vibe.  

Disney+ has a documentary buried way down the page on the celebration of 10 years of Disneyland (1966) and the celebratory creation of "It's a small World" ride that same year.  There is a strongly worded disclaimer/apology at the beginning about the racists/sexist images etc.  I didn't make it quite to the end of the show because they were hammering home the "It's a Small World" theme and I couldn't take it anymore, but I didn't see anything that was overly offensive except for  maybe the lily white park visitors.  The caricatures in some of the animatronics could be considered offensive but the offense seemed pretty equal opportunity.  

I made it to Disneyland as an 8 year old in 1975 and Disneyworld as a 10 year old in '77.  Took my oldest son in '95 and vowed never to go back.  Two youngest are out of luck.

39 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Disney+ has a documentary buried way down the page on the celebration of 10 years of Disneyland (1966) and the celebratory creation of "It's a small World" ride that same year.  There is a strongly worded disclaimer/apology at the beginning about the racists/sexist images etc.  I didn't make it quite to the end of the show because they were hammering home the "It's a Small World" theme and I couldn't take it anymore, but I didn't see anything that was overly offensive except for  maybe the lily white park visitors.  The caricatures in some of the animatronics could be considered offensive but the offense seemed pretty equal opportunity.  

I made it to Disneyland as an 8 year old in 1975 and Disneyworld as a 10 year old in '77.  Took my oldest son in '95 and vowed never to go back.  Two youngest are out of luck.

Took my girls to Disneyland when they were 3 and 5 (no pics).  It's A Small World was shut down because park visitors had gotten so fat the boats were bottoming out.  Disney was reengineering the entire ride for Vic's chicks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Took my girls to Disneyland when they were 3 and 5 (no pics).  It's A Small World was shut down because park visitors had gotten so fat the boats were bottoming out.  Disney was reengineering the entire ride for Vic's chicks.

Disney. Always on the cutting edge.