2020 QB/ATH Hudson Card

If the coaches don't manage to turn him into a wilting vagina, this kid's got a toughness like a Christian McCaffrey. He is a baller, tough hard-nosed kid. Just as at home running the ball like a fullback as playing QB.

If I can't find a spot for him significantly contribute, they're clueless morons.

Edited by phdhorn

38 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

If the coaches don't manage to turn him into a wilting vagina, this kid's got a toughness like a Christian McCaffrey. He is a baller, tough hard-nosed kid. Just as at home running the ball like a fullback as playing QB.

If I can't find a spot for him significantly contribute, they're clueless morons.

He reminds me a lot of Pete Rose 

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Is English your 5th language?

Very nice, being in the football board.

Oh, it's proper English to spell out "fifth," until you get to "10th" or more.  (AP Style Manual on ordinal numbers):

https://writingexplained.org/ap-style/ap-style-numbers

Ordinals:

Numbers used to indicate order (first, second, 10th, 25th, etc.) are called ordinal numbers. Spell out first through ninth.

• fourth grade
  • first base
  • the First Amendment
  • he was second in line
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ImGolfn said:

He gambles on his teams games?

Well, that and he uses a cereal bowl for a haircut.

(I don't think he'll ever start at QB, but he's a great backup, with primary at maybe slot or even "bull" RB or FB).

I think Card showed some balls against Allen. But goodness.... I hate to be that guy.... a Bryce Young level QB would have beaten Allen. 

I know I'm being extremely critical here, but it's my initial read. 

Texas had to protect themselves here. If Card blows up you want to be the school holding his commitment. I'm at peace with it if: 

1) If Card's junior/senior QB film is elite.

2) If Card's film isn't elite, Beck somehow convinces Hornsby to join up. There is precedent with Thompson and Rising, but both were out of state recruits that didn't have DCTF and Fox Sports Southwest fluffing their egos every 5 minutes. 

I believe the Bryce Young ship has sailed. USC needs to get their act together so he doesn't end up at OU. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Card showed some balls against Allen. But goodness.... I hate to be that guy.... a Bryce Young level QB would have beaten Allen. 

I know I'm being extremely critical here, but it's my initial read. 

Texas had to protect themselves here. If Card blows up you want to be the school holding his commitment. I'm at peace with it if: 

1) If Card's junior/senior QB film is elite.

2) If Card's film isn't elite, Beck somehow convinces Hornsby to join up. There is precedent with Thompson and Rising, but both were out of state recruits that didn't have DCTF and Fox Sports Southwest tweeting about them every 5 minutes. 

I believe the Bryce Young ship has sailed. USC needs to get their act together so he doesn't end up at OU. 

Don't get your hopes up - seems like SC wants Ukulele more

Just now, texifornia said:

Don't get your hopes up - seems like SC wants Ukulele more

Baseball is allegedly a factor with Ukulele, but how many times have we heard that before? Yeah, I'm worried as hell that Young goes to OU. 

Jimbo is willing to offer Hornsby anything, I mean anything for his signature. Hornsby better be a bigger VY fan than every Surly poster or it could break: Card to Texas. Hornsby to Aggy. Young to OU. Yeah not ideal.