2020 QB/ATH Hudson Card

Outstanding. Wish he would have said whether it was as ATH or QB, but to be honest, I'm more bullish on him as a QB than most others are. Ward was incredibly raw when Herman got ahold of him, and that turned out okay.
Let him shakeout however it may be, in the meantime just enjoy QB room depth that hasn't been seen in a loooooooooooooong time. :hookem:

It's going to be fantastic to watch Hudson develop over the next two years, knowing that he's going to be  a Horn. Also, I'm thinking it's kind of crazy to consider that he probably won't take a meaningful snap at Texas until 2021 or maybe even 2022. What a blessing for him, though, to know going into his Jr. year of high school that he's already got his college paid for, and that it's not some rinky-dink outfit but the University of by God Texas. 

On 5/25/2018 at 6:11 PM, Machinator said:

Let the QB vs. WR debates rage on!

Great pickup, regardless.

QB.

Great athlete as a QB take, Below as WR. Doesn't have the wheels for this University to excel at WR.

Maybe Colt type athlete?

2 hours ago, ckhorn said:

I don't see that speed on this film. Sorry momma card. Lot of great twitch however.

You fucking guys shitting on a Texas commit that is just going to be a junior is fucked up. 

I’ll accept Herman’s evaluations over your dumb ass any day. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Between Westlake and Lake Travis, I would be interested in seeing two other high schools/cities with as many D1 QBs produced. It is impressive.

Not a city but Western Pennsylvania has had a few QBs.

Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Jeff Hostetler, Joe Namath, George Blanda, Johnny Unitas...

3 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

One of these things is not like the others.

Yeah, I left out Ron Pawlus on purpose. Interestingly, a lot of those guys were JAGs until they hooked up with the right team.

14 hours ago, ckhorn said:

QB.

Great athlete as a QB take, Below as WR. Doesn't have the wheels for this University to excel at WR.

Maybe Colt type athlete?

Never mind. Bad memory on my part.

Edited by fellside
Yeah

Class of 2020 = born in 2002.
Damn we getting old 
We're now firmly into recruiting players who couldn't have first hand memories of VY in the Rose Bowl. Or at least memories of knowing what they were watching..

It's pretty much been that way the last couple classes though. Good thing we have LHN replaying that thing minimum 8-10 times a year..
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I left out Ron Pawlus on purpose. Interestingly, a lot of those guys were JAGs until they hooked up with the right team.

Well, since Berwick isn't in western Pennsylvania, I'm guessing that is why you didn't include him.  That and he sucked...

2 hours ago, DeathTongue said:

Well, since Berwick isn't in western Pennsylvania, I'm guessing that is why you didn't include him.  That and he sucked...

It was more the sucking part. Plus, IDK and IDC where Berwick is located.

EJ had the following to say about Card

Spoiler

Let’s start with the guy that might be the future at the quarterback position. I had an opportunity to see four-star 2020 Austin Lake Travis signal-caller and new Texas commit Hudson Card in 7-on-7 action this weekend. And man, he was pretty damn impressive. I loved Card as a receiver and worst-case scenario, he becomes a viable slot option. But I can see why Texas really likes him under center. Card has played quarterback all his life — minus last year — and has great mechanics and footwork in the pocket. He has actually worked with Rischad Whitfield aka Footwork King since he was 10 years old. Card was accurate on short-intermediate routes and threw some nice deep balls. He has adequate arm strength that will only get better once he adds more weight to his frame. Really, that’s my biggest concern right now. Card is pretty thin, so hitting the weight room is a must. Card also made some dangerous throws, including a pick-six on the tournament’s opening drive, but his decision making will only improve as he gets settled in with playing quarterback at a high level. And remember, Card is an elusive player that can make plays with his legs as well. That will be evident on Friday nights. Overall, there is a lot to like about Card’s game. I’m really interested to see how he continues to progress in his first year as a starter at quarterback.

I put no stock in his evaluation, but I didn't know that Card had played QB before last season and feel better about him as a QB take now that I do. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

On 5/27/2018 at 1:25 AM, Victor Lazlo said:

You fucking guys shitting on a Texas commit that is just going to be a junior is fucked up. 

I’ll accept Herman’s evaluations over your dumb ass any day. 

Welp, I think its a great evaluation. Is it that time of month for you?