2020 QB/ATH Hudson Card

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Watching some highlights, he’s very good moving around the pocket and finding receivers.   Arm strength will improve i would think.  He’s a playmaker for sure though.  Interested to see how he matures. 

He has two more years to develop at QB. Could be a top five QB before he gets here. Love his shiftiness at QB.  He should put up monster numbers this year. This is Herman's wheelhouse.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 10:38 PM, TreatyOak said:

Can anyone name a SLC QB who went on to a SUCCESSFUL college or pro career? Aside from Mathew Stafford, has HP had another one? Asking for a  friend.  

Chase Daniel and Greg McElroy fit the SUCCESSFUL college QB category out of SLC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Chase Daniel and Greg McElroy fit the SUCCESSFUL college QB category out of SLC.

Thanks. Forgot that they attended the school. Hard to argue that either did very well in the pros, but both were good college players, for sure. And until LT QB's begin to have pro success, Westlake stands alone in an elite pro QB category for Texas schools. 

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

Stephenville has had some pretty good qbs. Branndon Stewart, Kelan Luker (who quit SMU to be in a punk band), Kolb, Briles Jr, Stidham, Tyler Jones

Not as good as Westlake/LT but worth mentioning in the convo

That's an impressive lineup. Don't know about Luker but sounds like a good story. 

Wish we could have snagged Stidham. 

4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Stephenville has had some pretty good qbs. Branndon Stewart, Kelan Luker (who quit SMU to be in a punk band), Kolb, Briles Jr, Stidham, Tyler Jones

Not as good as Westlake/LT but worth mentioning in the convo

Kolb and Stidham were/are good college players. Stewart was average.  Briles graduated from another high school and didn’t play qb in college.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 8:36 PM, Longhorn94 said:

i dont know about yall but, call me crazy, i know this will surprise most of you, but Card looks pretty good to me!

So Longhorn94, are you the LT guy?  Guessing from this comment, you quite possible are. For some reason, I thought it was Lawnghorn.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I'm waiting for Baker Mayfield to come and chime in about how Sam doesn't know anything about lake Travis and he should stop taking about lake Travis and that Sam would have been 4th string tight end at lake Travis, blah blah blah .

Think he's too preoccupied with trying to save face in Cleveland..who seems to have drafted **SHOCKINGLY** another QB bust.

Apparently the injury was to a tendon on the bottom of his foot that runs from the big toe to the heel. It was a partial tear and the 2nd and 3rd Doctors (both are Texas Team Doctors) agreed that surgery was not necessary and it would heal on its own with injections, PT, and rest. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Apparently the injury was to a tendon on the bottom of his foot that runs from the big toe to the heel. It was a partial tear and the 2nd and 3rd Doctors (both are Texas Team Doctors) agreed that surgery was not necessary and it would heal on its own with injections, PT, and rest. 

Paging doctor @Magus Ossis

7 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I hope so and that he has a full recovery. More often than not kids come back too early and pay the price for a few years after. 

Sounds like a variant of turf toe. There are two main muscle/tendon units that run under/to the great toe: flexor hallucis longus (FHL) and flexor hallucis brevis (FHB). The latter runs only as far back as the hindfoot, whereas FHL comes from the leg itself. Additionally, FHB has sesamoid bones embedded in it at the base of the great toe (like tiny kneecaps under the ball of the great toe) that are typically contiguous with the joint capsule there (plantar plate). Turf toe is usually the common term applied to an injury to the plantar plate there at the first metatarsophalangeal joint (MTP1).

If they are talking about a tendon that runs from the heel to the toe but is part of a longer muscle/tendon unit, that would be FHL. Either way, a partial tendon tear is often amenable to nonoperative treatment. He is probably done for the season, IMO. Sometimes you treat one of these non-surgically only to convert later after things don't get well-- adds to the overall timeline and could potentially make this stretch into spring ball. One hopes that will not be the case here. The good news is that sewing up foot tendon splits and/or partial tears is not usually technically challenging. If two team docs like nonop care though, it sounds good to me.

edit: there are some other things like adductor hallucis that go to the great toe that would not generally fit the bill and were therefore left out of my answer.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Like 5