Indycar 2022

elfenix

• 3 weeks later...

they talked about it a lot on the sebring broadcast yesterday.  i have it on my calendar but the source didn't put the times in (like my source for F1 does) and the times aren't consistent

On 2/27/2022 at 9:01 PM, wood said:

it was pretty clear that Scott McLaughlin was an alien

this seems true

edit: sato just shit his pants

Edited by elfenix

On 3/20/2022 at 12:14 PM, RPM said:

IRL at TMS. I had no idea they were running today.

I've been to every IndyCar race at TMS...this was the least promoted race ever. Love or hate Gossage, he was a promoter. 

And this was the best race at TMS by far since the repave/PJ1.

Edited by Tyrone Krivacs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dixon runs out of fuel going into pit lane, rain coming, herta in virtual lead behind ericsson and kirkwood who have not done a second pit stop yet. 

edit: didn't realize ericsson and kirkwood have already done 3 each, they're off the main strategy and could be in the cat bird's seat should the rain get there soon

Edited by elfenix

20 minutes left in the race, wet track, under yellow, top 3 cars on slicks, herta in 4th and many others pitted 2 laps in a row to put on new slicks then wets, gonna be a wild finish.  these yellows seem interminable as race control figures out what the running order is. 

Edited by elfenix

Andretti cars not having a good time this morning. Marco impeded by Sato who was on the track instead of the cool down lane, then having engine problems. Colton has engine trouble on his first lap and aborts.

Rinus Veekay nabs 3rd fastest qualy run at Indy ever. Nearly 6 hours left.

So will green flag for the 500 be at 11:45 Central on Sunday?  Trying to dig through the TV schedules that just say things like "coverage begins at 11" and whatnot, and figured you Indycar experts would know.

TIA