Words and phrases that bug the living shit out of you

Goo Punch

19 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

When my prick boss from NY is debating me on my finances or budget or monthly statements and he says , "I am looking at this from the 30,000 ft. level".

That is awful.  So awful I am going to start using it on a regular basis starting next week.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

When my prick boss from NY is debating me on my finances or budget or monthly statements and he says , "I am looking at this from the 30,000 ft. level".

Your prick boss must be flying commercial.  Surly 1% elite are flying private at 40,000 feet. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Your prick boss must be flying commercial.  Surly 1% elite are flying private at 40,000 feet. 

Well pretty much any level kills me, my old boss was fond of 10,000’ levels himself.

I’ll add “choice”. As in that dude’s Jeep is so choice.

And as mentioned before, at the end of the day.

Message boards like this make me appreciate that grown, educated adults are still capable of not using the word "like" every 6 words in writing.  But they still do it while speaking.  For fun today, after lunch, go back to work and count silently (or on your hands) how many times myriad people at your workplace say the word "like" incorrectly in a given 60-second interaction.  If you're not sick to your stomach by 3:30p, it's only because you're bad at counting.  

The "just sayin" folks of 5 years ago are the "literally" folks of today. 

Today's rival to "literally" is "super".  Super excited or just merely excited?

If you talk to someone who over uses "super", odds are that they are "just sayin" and "literally" people too.  You get a free pass if you just walk away from the conversation.

10 hours ago, You don't know me said:
10 hours ago, pokeNbeans said:
"Your reputation proceeds you".
The hell does that even mean?

Things I am embarrassed to admit thread is that way. Your reputation precedes you.

I meant the ambiguity of the statement, not it's definition.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:29 PM, BurntOrangeCrush said:

I always took that to mean they were on vacation...

• 5 years later...