Texas Golf: Championship Week

Goodman

8 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Tough way to end the season. Ever since Oregon 2 years ago this program can’t buy a good break in the NCAAs

That was the worst because:

1 - It was clear we had the best team and we were going to celebrate on their shitty course.

2 - Our version of Drew Jones was a cracked out Taylor Funk and he almost pulled off the unthinkable.

3 - It was the Championship match

4 - We were never able to celebrate Hossler's glory, that weirdo has serious game but is just another good player here vs. a golf legend while here.

5 - Scottie dominated a very good player who was playing his best golf of the season(Wise).

Edited by Goodman

Did y’all even watch? Ghim has 4 very makeable putts to convert and couldn’t get one of them to fall. On three of those he blew them past and had to make comebackers. Shuman gifts him a hole, tries to gift him another and Ghim yanks it in the water. Goes to 18 and drives it into an awkward bunker lie. The guy definitely choked, he and Shuman are on different levels as players. 

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Did y’all even watch? Ghim has 4 very makeable putts to convert and couldn’t get one of them to fall. On three of those he blew them past and had to make comebackers. Shuman gifts him a hole, tries to gift him another and Ghim yanks it in the water. Goes to 18 and drives it into an awkward bunker lie. The guy definitely choked, he and Shuman are on different levels as players. 

Yes, Ghim is the No. 1 amateur in the world and Shuman isn’t. Ghim was down 4 after 6 and squared it with 2 holes left. Maybe the first 6 holes were the choke, idk, but he certainly went down swinging. 

Its golf, man. Some days you make those putts, sometimes they don’t drop. Duke getting to the semis after having the second best round score is no accident either. Clearly a club playing good golf right now 

36 minutes ago, Goodman said:

That was the worst because:

1 - It was clear we had the best team and we were going to celebrate on their shitty course.

2 - Our version of Drew Jones was a cracked out Taylor Funk and he almost pulled off the unthinkable.

3 - It was the Championship match

4 - We were never able to celebrate Hossler's glory, that weirdo has serious game but is just another good player here vs. a golf legend while here.

5 - Scottie dominated a very good player who was playing his best golf of the season(Wise).

And Oregon matched up their weakest golfer with Beau to have their No. 5 guy pick up an automatic W. Thought that was a cowardly move myself, but maybe I would’ve thought different had Texas been in that position

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

As a guy very familiar with watching his team choke in golf, I gotta agree with you.  That was an 18 hole choke job.  He just never seemed to have it.  His the #1 amateur player in the US.  What was the Duke player's ranking?  

8 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Well, they were tied going to 18.  Shaman had a great 2nd shot on the par 5 into the middle of the green and drained an eagle putt.  Shuman won the 18th....Ghim overall today, did not play well.  Ballgame.

aggy loses to Okie lite and goes home.

these matches are getting really good.  all but one are currently A/S or within 1 stroke except for the douchebag dude from duke who beat ghim.  he clearly left it all out on the course against doug because he is getting absolutely waxed.  down 5 through 7 right now.

Sorry, not sorry. No matter the results tomorrow, thanks for taking out AU though, did not want to take a chance of them pulling one out of their asses for bragging rights.

I need to thank them for taking out OU. I can stomach losing to AU, Duke, or Bama. I could not live if we lost to aggy or Ou.

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I need to thank them for taking out OU. I can stomach losing to AU, Duke, or Bama. I could not live if we lost to aggy or Ou.

Same except my no go teams to lose to were AU, OU and aggy, in that order. I could have handled Duke or you guys tomorrow.

Same except my no go teams to lose to were AU, OU and aggy, in that order. I could have handled Duke or you guys tomorrow.

From the start, the one team I’ve been watching and rooting the hardest against is Bama. Something told me they were gonna play great. Every now and then I get one right. Dammit. I scared about tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

From the start, the one team I’ve been watching and rooting the hardest against is Bama. Something told me they were gonna play great. Every now and then I get one right. Dammit. I scared about tomorrow.

They have been a schizo team all season, as high as number 1, down to the 20's. Seen that in the tourney too. They shot a team course record(then) one day, then shot a +13 the next. They played good today, who knows about tomorrow. They have the talent to win but they seem to get in their own heads too much. Either way, looking forward to a good match, may it go to a playoff hole to decide it.

This seems like a good matchup. I do think it’s annoying ok state has home team advantage. Although I almost don’t care bc the course looks so cool. 

I kind of think it would be cool if they played it at the same course every year. Somewhere like Rosenblatt that would be fun for people to travel to.

18 hours ago, Caddox said:

This seems like a good matchup. I do think it’s annoying ok state has home team advantage. Although I almost don’t care bc the course looks so cool. 

I kind of think it would be cool if they played it at the same course every year. Somewhere like Rosenblatt that would be fun for people to travel to.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to play Karsten one day. But then I remember that the green fee is $350 and I'm a hacker. 

20 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I keep telling myself that I'm going to play Karsten one day. But then I remember that the green fee is $350 and I'm a hacker. 

Yea going up for a night game and playing Karsten before would be quite a little Saturday. Little different than when they threw me in the pokey after Charles went bestrode on them in the 2nd half when I was in college. Apparently they frown on you jumping on a pretty girl's hood leaving the game and riding it down the street. 

Just got back from taking dad to Dr appt, seems every other day Bama showed up today. That or the Pokes are playing balls out. Dammit, losing both men and women's finals.

Edited by bamachine
Grats to the Pokes fan on here

well, bauchou (osu) just won 8&7 which would seem bad for the bama guy...until you consider that bauchou shot a fucking 29(!!!) on the front 9 today.  nothing like signing a 58 on the day.  bama dude never stood a chance.  hovland (osu) shot a 31 on the front 9.  wolff (osu) shot a 32 on the front 9.  ventura (osu) shot a 39 on the front.  eckroat (osu) shot a 35.

osu had one guy over par through 9 and he was 3 over.  bama just ran into a buzzsaw.  not sure a team of jordan, rory, dj, justin thomas, and justin rose could have beaten osu today.

home course.

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

well, bauchou (osu) just won 8&7 which would seem bad for the bama guy...until you consider that bauchou shot a fucking 29(!!!) on the front 9 today.  nothing like signing a 58 on the day.  bama dude never stood a chance.  hovland (osu) shot a 31 on the front 9.  wolff (osu) shot a 32 on the front 9.  ventura (osu) shot a 39 on the front.  eckroat (osu) shot a 35.

osu had one guy over par through 9 and he was 3 over.  bama just ran into a buzzsaw.  not sure a team of jordan, rory, dj, justin thomas, and justin rose could have beaten osu today.

home course.

Good to see that Bama did not just shit the bed. Again, grats to the Pokes fans, got your redemption for a few years ago..