2022 Seattle Mariners Thread

Biff Tannen

I hope I get into the spirit of things as the season approaches.  Lockout stuff, blackout stuff, rule changes, e.t.c. has me wondering how much time I'm giving to watching billionaire's pawns these days.  Like every season I'm sure I'll sucked back in.

And now even if the M's make the playoffs its under the 12 team expansion playoffs.  bleh.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

My point was as a M's fan I would have liked to have seen them improve enough to where they could make the playoffs w/o the need for them to be expanded.

Mainly just bummed about how the lockout just put owner greed in the face so obviously.  And they essentially won, as they always do.  And the parallels to America and corporate life.  Baseball certainly mirrors a lot of society, both good and bad.  The owners of this country always win.  Oops, slight CR there.  Sorry, but not totally sorry.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

My point was as a M's fan I would have liked to have seen them improve enough to where they could make the playoffs w/o the need for them to be expanded.

Mainly just bummed about how the lockout just put owner greed in the face so obviously.  And they essentially won, as they always do.  And the parallels to America and corporate life.  Baseball certainly mirrors a lot of society, both good and bad.  The owners of this country always win.  Oops, slight CR there.  Sorry, but not totally sorry.

Jeez, Debbie Downer over here.  Turn that frown upside down.  Save it for when we miss the playoffs by one game again.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Kate's been on LL for a few years now.  Not that I read LL as much anymore.  

On 3/14/2022 at 6:32 PM, Beau Vine said:

I planned a trip to Seattle for the opening weekend, but I guess I'll go to Husky-UA baseball games instead.

Is proof of vaccine required for Mariners games?  Looked at tickets and instantly got a message about it.  

**Not looking to CR this thread, just wanting to know.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is proof of vaccine required for Mariners games?  Looked at tickets and instantly got a message about it.  

**Not looking to CR this thread, just wanting to know.

It was for Kraken games.  And to get into fucking Buffalo Wild Wings in Tukwila.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

It was for Kraken games.  And to get into fucking Buffalo Wild Wings in Tukwila.

Thanks.  Me and the wife have been looking for a ballgame/stadium trip possibly this summer since we haven't been to one pre-covid.  Safeco (or whatever the hell it's called now) has always been high on my bucket list.  I'm also looking into maybe Marlins or Red Sox.  These three are about the only stadiums left for us that are kinda' out by itself and not close enough to other ballparks to do two or three in one trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Biff won't care, but MC should be pumped. 

Outfielder Julio Rodriguez, the Seattle Mariners' top prospect, has made the team's Opening Day roster, manager Scott Servais announced Monday.

ESPN's Kiley McDaniel ranks Rodriguez as the No. 3 overall prospect in Major League Baseball. He joins No. 2 prospect Bobby Witt Jr. (third baseman, Kansas City Royals) among the top three prospects in McDaniel's rankings to make an Opening Day roster. Baltimore Orioles catcher Adley Rutschman, the No. 1 prospect, won't be ready for Opening Day because of a right triceps strain he suffered last month.

Rodriguez, 21, has a .419 batting average with three home runs and eight RBIs in Cactus League action. He is expected to be the Mariners' center fielder.

"It's time for Julio Rodriguez to play in the big leagues," Servais told reporters.

Last season, Rodriguez dominated at every level he played in the minors, finishing with a .347 batting average, 13 home runs and 47 RBIs, and he shined for the Dominican Republic during the Tokyo Olympics, helping his country win the bronze medal.

The Mariners open the 2022 season on Thursday against the Twins in Minnesota.