Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

OK, so what do we need to do this summer

• GK - Need backup, probably a younger one
    • Alisson.  Migs is almost certainly gone, but thanks for being a decent player, and great team
  • RB/LB - secure, but need depth, wouldn't mind spending money here (Gomez can provide cover)
    • TAA/Robertson are super stars as it is
  • CB - Don't think we need to do anything here unless the opportunity presents itself
    • VVD - duh
    • Gomez/Matip - great partners, need to keep an eye on Joe with the injuries
    • Lovren - clearly #4, but sometimes that's good
  • MF - We have six/seven players vying for three spots each game - if there's something great available, go out, but I mean, you know this is a good place to be IMO
    • Fabinho/Henderson/Gini/Keita/Oxlade-Chamberlain/Shaqiri, maybe Milner
    • Assuming Lallana is gone, not certain
  • F - double duh, hard to imagine starting anyone else for the time, but need cover.  Could see a mid-price player and a project to go along with Brewster
    • Salah/Mane/Bobby - two of this year's  golden boot winners
    • Origi - seems like he played himself into an extension
    • Sturridge - thanks for 13/14 and we'll always have that brilliant Chelski goal, but I'll root for you wherever you end up.  

We need a lb/rb that plays a similar style to our starters, that is not Gomez. I think we need to put Gomez at CB full time and he can be the break in case of emergency rb. We’d be silly not to make a hard run at De Ligt. 19 year olds with his talent don’t come around very often.

Hendo has lessened our need of a progressive ball player (along with Keita rounding into form and Ox coming back). But I’d still like to make a run at a Brandt/Fekir type. Would give us the ability to play multiple formations when one of the front 3 need a break. 

Need a 4th forward. 

This has some great in depth stats of possible options:

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/seven-ways-for-liverpool-to-find-the-new-mohamed-salah

Taking the nutso luck of late goals in the Spring, I've been  very impressed with Origi, both play and work rate.  Makes sense to keep him IMO from a style of play/learning curve perspective in addition to not playing in CA/AFCON.

1 minute ago, pied said:

Taking the nutso luck of late goals in the Spring, I've been  very impressed with Origi, both play and work rate.  Makes sense to keep him IMO from a style of play/learning curve perspective in addition to not playing in CA/AFCON.

AFCON? Isn't he from Belgium?

Didn't they move AFCON to the summer? 

Brandt links were making the rounds on Twitter this morning. I'd like to see him in a Red shirt. 

Whoever we get will likely take a few months to bed in anyway, like Ox, Fabs, Keita, etc. Just buy young talented players. Easier said than done but Edwards has been knocking it out of the park lately. 

Edwards is going to sell Studge & Lallana for 30 Million each and he's going to have a statue right next to Shanks.
Sturridge should get 30 mil easy imo...he has 76 goals in the epl. Any team in europe that needs a quality forward player would be lucky to have him.

Lovren...maybe not 30 but who knows
With the inflated market.

If a promoted team or a bottomish team want to stay up investing in either player would payoff easily with the epl tv rights package

12 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Lovren...maybe not 30 but who knows
With the inflated market.

If a promoted team or a bottomish team want to stay up investing in either player would payoff easily with the epl tv rights package

They won't let Lovren go that easily unless we sign another Dutch Centerback (I'm talking to you, Edwards). A solid 4th defender is a necessity for Cup runs.

Sturridge's contract expires on 6/30/19. If Edwards gets even $1 for him, he really is a genius. 
If he is available someone will want him...middle pack who wants to try and jump up or a promoted/bottom team looking to stay up

I know i would pay 20 to 30 mil to stay up potentially...epl payouts bottom 3 teams get 100mil just from media payouts...will it happen maybe not but thats my opinion on the starting point of weasels posts saying 30mil would be a miracle for sturridge/lovren

They won't let Lovren go that easily unless we sign another Dutch Centerback (I'm talking to you, Edwards). A solid 4th defender is a necessity for Cup runs.
Unless i misunderstood you..thought you were saying 30mil was a miracle...then you say they wouldnt let him go for 20 to 25 mil?

2 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

If he is available someone will want him...middle pack who wants to try and jump up or a promoted/bottom team looking to stay up

I know i would pay 20 to 30 mil to stay up potentially...epl payouts bottom 3 teams get 100mil just from media payouts...will it happen maybe not but thats my opinion on the starting point of weasels posts saying 30mil would be a miracle for sturridge/lovren

Dude, he's out of contract. We don't own the rights to him anymore. He can go anywhere he wants for free. 

6 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
15 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Unless i misunderstood you..thought you were saying 30mil was a miracle...then you say they wouldnt let him go for 20 to 25 mil?

I said Lallana and Studge. Not Lovren. I was joking about Lallana and Studge.

I said Lallana and Studge. Not Lovren. I was joking about Lallana and Studge.
Yeah i read that as lovren..oops
Got to quick on the trigger while hoping on thread

But guess point still stands guys will be valuable pieces for most teams...carry on

I know we're past this game already, but this was a pretty cool video. No commentary. Just sights and sounds. Good stuff.

We are never past this game...you can show a highlight of this game in 20 years and i still give ya a like

And yeah great vid

9 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Ruben neves to liverpool... Bosses urging klopp to sign him....
MF is going to be stacked (hopefully)

Fantastic player but not sure why this is our focus. He's not a "playmaker" and we have plenty of midfielders. We need someone to give Bobby a rest and/or a more creative mid.

Fantastic player but not sure why this is our focus. He's not a "playmaker" and we have plenty of midfielders. We need someone to give Bobby a rest and/or a more creative mid.
Kinda my first thought...and where would we put him with unless we move someone
Could just be transfer gossip ...but does fit the bill that LFC has been doing. Buy young talent with talent before they become stars

Also said city is in on him also

7 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

So if we are the fave for werner and succeed what would top line up look like?

Mane Werner Salah
Kieta Firmino Fabinho Ox
Robbo VVD Matip TAA
Alisson

???
Or with milner hendo or gini over kieta?

I wouldn’t include Werner. You also have 12 players listed.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2019 at 11:45 PM, Bone3421 said:

Ruben neves to liverpool... Bosses urging klopp to sign him....
MF is going to be stacked (hopefully)

When you post stuff like this, can you please post a source so we can decide how seriously to take it?

24 minutes ago, Jograves said:

When you post stuff like this, can you please post a source so we can decide how seriously to take it?

Good rule of thumb is to take literally nothing he posts seriously. (And to add him to your ignore list.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1