Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

11 minutes ago, TKS said:

L'Équipe is saying Lemar is back on the menu.

Saw that. If we got him as our 4th rotational piece for the attack I'd dance a jig. 

My only hope is that it's an attacker like him AND a attacking mid like Fekir and not one or the other. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Are we sure on Alisson? I know you can't just take the 2 CL games against him as the whole picture but I didn't see anything that's 79 million pounds worthy to me. 

The worst leg could have easily been 8 or 9 if not for him.  I don't really know how to judge if he's worth X Million pounds, but he's Brazil's#1 (ahead of Ederson).  Good enough for me.

I am still fine with rolling karius. Lets see how he responds but wont be to upset if gone. He is just 25. I say lets see how the early season goes and if we need we can upgrade in winter window

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We’ve had 7 consecutive years of rolling with a not good enough goalie (last two years of reina we’re not good). 

A good goalie literally was the difference in the champions league final 3 days ago. 

Agreed. #notmymoneygif

Plus with Karius as backup maybe he builds his confidence up to be a world class keeper if that happens then great we have two world class keepers. But I say do it now and not wait to see if it happens. Plus competition will be great for whomever they bring in.  

If we brought in a guy like Alisson/Donnu/Oblak than I'd sell both Mignolet (probably wants out) and Karius. Just don't think Liverpool is the place for him to rebuild after that. Find him a landing spot in BuLi that has less pressure where he can get games and get back on track. Letting play 2nd fiddle on the bench probably fucks with his head worse.

Ward would be my break in case of emergency keeper.

18 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Geez.  People.  Jack Butland.  Relegated.  2m Man Mountain.  Best fucking keeper in Britain right now.  Didn't get selected by The Lizard because Relegated.  Stoke need the money.  This is not hard.

No thanks.

44 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Geez.  People.  Jack Butland.  Relegated.  2m Man Mountain.  Best fucking keeper in Britain right now.  Didn't get selected by The Lizard because Relegated.  Stoke need the money.  This is not hard.

I'm a no

13 hours ago, maninblack said:

If we brought in a guy like Alisson/Donnu/Oblak than I'd sell both Mignolet (probably wants out) and Karius. Just don't think Liverpool is the place for him to rebuild after that. Find him a landing spot in BuLi that has less pressure where he can get games and get back on track. Letting play 2nd fiddle on the bench probably fucks with his head worse.

The word I've heard is we'll likely need 3 keepers. Migs is gone. Like you said, relegating Karius to the bench is probably worse than letting him start the season, and Ward is going to want first team football somewhere. 

They have a lot of work to do this summer on the keeper front. I saw the Barca backup was mentioned on Twitter this morning. 

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm a hard "pass" on Butland.  Rather stick with Karius or Ward.

14 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm not impressed with Butland. He's not world class and only a moderate improvement over Karius. I'd rather spend the cash on someone who is a guaranteed success.

14 hours ago, maninblack said:

This is truth. Karius needs to either start and prove he's man enough to take the heat or go elsewhere and let people forget.

Frankly, I don't want to pin our CL hopes on a "project". Splash the cash and get Alisson. 

Salah, Fabinho, Keita, and VVD are all ambitious signings which feel like we're attempting to elevate to the next step in annual EPL/CL competitiveness. Butland would be a step back in that regard and seems closer to us settling on a "bargain" player like we have in the past. Allison/Oblak would both show ambition in our quest to stay amongst the top and Fekir likewise. We can go after bargain bin types when it comes to adding depth, but I don't think we should entertain the thought of them when it comes to starting XI places.

Alisson or bust. £79M is crazy money for a keeper but it ain't my money. The club made £70M off getting to the CL final. Blow it all on a guy who will singlehandedly improve our defense leaps and bounds and would be our #1 for the next decade.

10 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Alisson or bust. £79M is crazy money for a keeper but it ain't my money. The club made £70M off getting to the CL final. Blow it all on a guy who will singlehandedly improve our defense leaps and bounds and would be our #1 for the next decade.

This. Prices aren't going down. Buy now or buy a similar keeper for 100M next year. 

If we get Alisson & Fekir, I like our odds of making a decent run at the title.

10 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Saw rumors this morning linking us with Courtois. He's a great keeper but I've never been impressed with his distribution. I think we want a more all around keeper than that. 

1 minute ago, Jograves said:

Saw rumors this morning linking us with Courtois. He's a great keeper but I've never been impressed with his distribution. I think we want a more all around keeper than that. 

Huge improvement over what we have. And we'd get him on free, right?

Paul Joyce and James Pearce are about the only two guys that I follow for any useful info. This Mootaz guy apparently also said Lemar was a done deal, so I'd take him with a grain of salt. I have seen rumblings on Twitter about Fekir not being included in the squad for the Italy match, though?

4 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

Paul Joyce and James Pearce are about the only two guys that I follow for any useful info. This Mootaz guy apparently also said Lemar was a done deal, so I'd take him with a grain of salt. I have seen rumblings on Twitter about Fekir not being included in the squad for the Italy match, though?

Melissa Reddy too.

Pretty sure Pearce is on vacation in Singapore(per his twitter) and Reddy was in Kiev, travelling back I'd guess.  Think they're trying to keep a clamp on things, but at least 2/3 of these sources were likely out of pocket to some extent when it went down.

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

If we land the other targets will klopp change the attack....or same system with better players
I really dont want to mess with formula of salah mane and firmino that carried LFC

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

It will be the same (or slight modification) with better depth and upgraded starting 11 at a couple of positions. 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:49 PM, shigginz said:

I'm a functional retard when it comes to player evaluation. I just like watching Liverpool wail on people. Can somebody explain the Alisson hype to me? Did we not score a fuck ton of goals on Roma when we played them?

We scored a fuck ton of goal on ERRRRRYONE this year.

He's the real deal. Watch Brazil in the WC and you'll see. 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:49 PM, shigginz said:

I'm a functional retard when it comes to player evaluation. I just like watching Liverpool wail on people. Can somebody explain the Alisson hype to me? Did we not score a fuck ton of goals on Roma when we played them?

Alisson kept it from an absolute bloodbath. Before we scored our first he'd already made three or four saves that he had no business making. When we were first linked with him I watched a few Roma games. Dude is nails. I actually prefer him to Oblak but I think that's tainted by the few matches I watched of Atleti where he failed to impress. 

Roma is in rather dire financial straits and just like last year, they pretty much have to offload assets. While we'll likely have to pay the full asking price to ease the backlash they get from their fans for selling another player to us, I think a deal gets done after what looks like a protracted negotiation.

Seems much likelier to land Alisson than Oblak, who ends up at Chelsea after they sell Courtois, possibly going the other direction.

58 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Regardless, we need an upgrade. If we come out of this transfer season without a top keeper, it will be just like coming out of last year without a top defender. 

We know it. Klopp knows it. FSG knows it. 

Get 'er done, lads.

This. 

Bild in Germany is saying Karius suffered a concussion in the collision with Ramos two minutes before the Benzema goal. The diagnosis comes from a doctor in Boston at the behest of the LFC medical team.

Edited by TKS