Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

21 minutes ago, TKS said:

Bild in Germany is saying Karius suffered a concussion in the collision with Ramos two minutes before the Benzema goal. The diagnosis comes from a doctor in Boston at the behest of the LFC medical team.

26 of 30 tests for concussion were positive.

JFC, Ramos.

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I think it changes my feeling that Karius had a mental lapse by giving up the goals he did. 

Doesn't change my feeling that we need to get a solid keeper.

Fair and don't disagree.

14 minutes ago, JNip said:

If Van Dijk hadn't pushed Ramos, Karius would've never had that concussion. Liverpool was very unlucky throughout the game.

VVD made contact with Ramos, I won't deny that.  I also think, that Ramos 100% lifted his elbow to inflict contact.  Don't know that he was aiming at his head, but certainly used that contact to inflict damage.  

Any of you guys know when this happened?

https://www.massgeneral.org/News/newsarticle.aspx?id=6792

On May 31, 2018 Mr. Karius underwent a comprehensive examination by Dr. Ross Zafonte and Dr. Lenore Herget in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match May 26, 2018.

At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.

Whoops - just saw the post on the last page and the above (searching, how does it work?)

Edited by Captain Ron

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/mo-salah-egypt-world-cup-2018-larger-than-life/?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

The man who lights up the Egyptian sky—and the entire Premier League—might just be the biggest player on the planet. And he's just getting started. Part 1 of Larger Than Life, a B/R Football celebration of World Cup superstars like you've never seen them before...this gigantic mural included

Yep. Work rate and fitness. Two things Shaqiri doesn't possess that Klopp has looked for in his recent buys. 

I also don't see him accepting a cup player's role. He's a bit of a prima donna by all accounts. 

Edited by Jograves

I don't think Stoke asked him or anyone else for that matter to work all that hard so I wouldn't say he doesn't possess it. 

I'm not as high on him anymore as I was before the last World Cup but he's better than anything currently coming off the bench in terms of talent.

Lyon have indicated they WILL allow Nabil Fekir to join Liverpool this summer - at the right price. 

Progress has been slow in talks with Lyon, with the French club's president Jean-Michel Aulas reluctant to engage in meaningful negotiations before the start of the World Cup.

Yet it is understood a breakthrough of sorts has been made, with the player indicating he will only go to Liverpool – and the president conceding he will do a deal with the Reds if he feels the price is right.

Aulas has yet to name that price definitively, but the Anfield club are hopeful the fee won't pass much beyond £50m, with Fekir said to be 100 per cent decided on the Reds as his next destination. 

From the Mirror. 

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lyon have indicated they WILL allow Nabil Fekir to join Liverpool this summer - at the right price. 

Progress has been slow in talks with Lyon, with the French club's president Jean-Michel Aulas reluctant to engage in meaningful negotiations before the start of the World Cup.

Yet it is understood a breakthrough of sorts has been made, with the player indicating he will only go to Liverpool – and the president conceding he will do a deal with the Reds if he feels the price is right.

Aulas has yet to name that price definitively, but the Anfield club are hopeful the fee won't pass much beyond £50m, with Fekir said to be 100 per cent decided on the Reds as his next destination. 

Awesome!

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

From the Mirror.

Well, crap.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

I don't think Stoke asked him or anyone else for that matter to work all that hard so I wouldn't say he doesn't possess it. 

I'm not as high on him anymore as I was before the last World Cup but he's better than anything currently coming off the bench in terms of talent.

For £12m, I don't think it's a bad deal if he buys in. He's great at set pieces and can probably get us a few goals and assists. 

I'd be surprised if he does though. Wasn't his issue at Bayern that he didn't get enough PT?

Partly. He was also 21 and a lot of people thought he had a different career trajectory. Like a lot guys that age he made the move to a mega club too soon and it was stunting his development. 

If he comes I'll be happy about it. If he doesn't I won't care at this point. Pretty obvious he's not breaking into the first 11 but if he's ok with that then it's a fine option for rotation. He also knows the league so there's no adjustment other than the new team.

I'd love Shaqiri for £12M. He's still only 26 and has something to prove. With a chip on his shoulder and Klopp helping him develop, he could reach the potential that Bayern saw in him a few years ago. For attacking depth, we could do a lot worse. A known quantity, no adjustment to the league, and capable of some absolutely spectacular goals.  Remember this one v. the Ev a few years ago?

28 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

We already have Southhampton

I know this is a joke, but Rangers would be a better "partner" for us. Especially after the VVD saga. Would love to see our youth guys training under Stevie and I'm sure Rangers would love the chance to have quality players for a reasonable fee.

16 hours ago, maninblack said:

Partly. He was also 21 and a lot of people thought he had a different career trajectory. Like a lot guys that age he made the move to a mega club too soon and it was stunting his development. 

If he comes I'll be happy about it. If he doesn't I won't care at this point. Pretty obvious he's not breaking into the first 11 but if he's ok with that then it's a fine option for rotation. He also knows the league so there's no adjustment other than the new team.

I agree. You can't teach his speed and talent. Plus he isn't coming in as the savior. Ox did the same thing last year. Work your ass off and take advantage of the playing time you get to better your team and yourself.