West Point Football players OD on Fentanyl-laced cocaine on SB in Florida

crash_davis

damn.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10603221/Six-Spring-Breakers-sickened-overdosing-fentanyl-laced-cocaine-Florida.html

West Point cadets are identified as the six Florida Spring Breakers who overdosed on fentanyl-laced cocaine: Two who hadn't taken drugs poisoned when they gave their friends mouth-to-mouth

• Six West Point Academy football players vacationing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, during spring break were hospitalized after overdosing on fentanyl-laced cocaine 
  • Police say four of the cadets took the drug and went into cardiac arrest, and the other two became exposed to it while performing mouth-to-mouth on their friends 
  • Paramedics who responded to the scene at a vacation home used opioid-overdose-reversing drug naloxone - also known as Narcan - on the patients
  • Two men were rushed to the hospital in critical condition and had to be intubated
  • West Point representative said in a statement military college was aware of the incident and was investigating  
  • Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic painkiller that is 50 to 100 times stronger than morphine 

By SNEJANA FARBEROV FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:23 EST, 11 March 2022 | UPDATED: 17:01 EST, 11 March 2022

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
3.4kshares

View comments

Six students on spring break in Fort Lauderdale who overdosed on cocaine laced with fentanyl and were hospitalized on Thursday have been identified as West Point football players.

Two of the cadets had not ingested the drugs but were overcome by the effects of fentanyl when they attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on their sickened friends, Orlando Sun-Sentinel first reported on Friday.  

DailyMail.com reached to the US Army Academy at West Point and was told by a representative that the college was 'aware' of the incident in Florida involving its students. 

'The U.S. Military Academy is aware of the situation involving West Point cadets, which occurred Thursday night in Wilton Manors, FL,' a West Point spokesperson said in an email. 'The incident is currently under investigation and no other details are available at this time.' 

Never will understand this bullshit.

So fucking stupid...and they absolutely know what the costs are... If any are Juniors or Seniors, they are financially on the hook if they get dismissed.

Edited by slorch

Young guys do stupid shit. I was pretty straight and narrow but I fucked up a couple time in my early 20s too. Vegas man... Vegas

Feel bad for the guys who got fucked up just by giving mouth to mouth. How the hell is that possible to od by giving mouth to mouth 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTGrad98 said:

Young guys do stupid shit. I was pretty straight and narrow but I fucked up a couple time in my early 20s too. Vegas man... Vegas

Feel bad for the guys who got fucked up just by giving mouth to mouth. How the hell is that possible to od by giving mouth to mouth 

I think that's true for most of us assholes on this board. However, way back when I joined the Air Force, it was stressed that drugs were a no second chance, you are out, PERIOD.

I remember my base, Hurlburt Field, having to send several techs to Rhein-Main (late 80s, early 90s) to fill positions for many Airmen that were dishonorably discharged after it was found that they were part of parties were drugs and swinging were prevalent. All it took was making them pee in a bottle to determine their guilt. Being in the Air Force, when they tell you to pee in a bottle, it's done at that time and someone has to watch the flow from source to bottle.

34 minutes ago, slorch said:

Never will understand this bullshit.

So fucking stupid...and they absolutely know what the costs are... If any are Juniors or Seniors, they are financially on the hook if they get dismissed.

Do underclassmen get spring break at West Point.  I think way back in the day when I was accepted to theAir Force Academy inderclassmen didn’t get to leave campus at all.

There was likely a small amount near their nose or mouth and that’s all it takes with this shit. Below is a picture of a lethal dose of fentanyl. Unreal.

11b023db11c90c1f357a03618c768d06.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Do any of you commenting actually fuck with cocaine? Do you know your daughters are doing cocaine in bar restrooms now this Friday night? EcStACy PuTs HoLeS iN YoUr BrAiN!

They bought shitty drugs cause they were probably loud obnoxious look at me military types in their 20s

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 14

16 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Do any of you commenting actually fuck with cocaine? Do you know your daughters are doing cocaine in bar restrooms now this Friday night? EcStACy PuTs HoLeS iN YoUr BrAiN!

They bought shitty drugs cause they were probably loud obnoxious look at me military types in their 20s

Plenty of cooler, more experienced drug users are dying from this stuff. It doesn't discriminate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I have no idea why the most powerful nation in the history of the Earth puts up with a porous border allowing this literal poison to come in at ever increasing amounts on a daily basis.

I have no idea why in this day and age, young adults still put stupid shit into their bodies, knowing all good and well all the shit that's out there, and what it can do to you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

I have no idea why the most powerful nation in the history of the Earth puts up with a porous border allowing this literal poison to come in at ever increasing amounts on a daily basis.

Fentanyl is insaaaanely hard to find and police. It's very very easy to slip incredibly potent amounts into innocuous shipments from manufacturing hubs like China and Mexico. The number of customs agents it would take to comprehensively check everything is totally nonviable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Do underclassmen get spring break at West Point.  I think way back in the day when I was accepted to theAir Force Academy inderclassmen didn’t get to leave campus at all.

They do.

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

Mouth to mouth resuscitation?  This was deemed unnecessary and dropped as a part of CPR years ago, or so I thought.

Both methods are still taught.  The theory behind Hands Only CPR is that in the first few minutes after arrest, 1) Circulation is more important than air, and 2) most bystanders do traditional CPR wrong- wasting too much time giving breaths before getting back to compressions.  

Hands Only CPR is simply more idiot proof.  Just find the right spot, find the right pace, and push down hard.  With fast response times for EMS, along with the prevalence of AEDs (defibrillators) in most public locations, It usually buys enough time.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hozz said:

Because people here make as much money off of it as the Mexicans who are producing it. Its not something that is being done to us, its something people in power are actively let happen because they are making lot and lots of money. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, freyguy said:

I have no idea why in this day and age, young adults still put stupid shit into their bodies, knowing all good and well all the shit that's out there, and what it can do to you.

Its not just kids. Ive seen board certified physicians in high positions do blow. 

*(I’ll caveat that statement that Drs are not stupid people or usually reckless. I will say tho that divorce is a motherfucker)

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

for the dealers, what's the advantage of spiking coke with this stuff ?

This is what I don’t understand. Why is coke ever cut with fentanyl?  Just to surprise kill people?

I understand baking soda or laxatives because you “make” more coke to sell. Seems fentanyl would kill off or scare away your customers. 

10 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

This is what I don’t understand. Why is coke ever cut with fentanyl?  Just to surprise kill people?

I understand baking soda or laxatives because you “make” more coke to sell. Seems fentanyl would kill off or scare away your customers. 

I think the thought is the fentanyl allows you to cut.  Add some super strong stuff so you can dilute the rest and still have a powerful combo. 

Geez people. Things are not necessarily cut with fentanyl. 

You think the drug cartels are getting these drugs manufactured in proper factories with quality control?

No, the people manufacturing these drugs out in remote areas aren't running some sterile process and contamination results.

That's what's most likely happening. Street drugs are NEVER unadulterated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Geez people. Things are not necessarily cut with fentanyl. 

You think the drug cartels are getting these drugs manufactured in proper factories with quality control?

No, the people manufacturing these drugs out in remote areas aren't running some sterile process and contamination results.

That's what's most likely happening. Street drugs are NEVER unadulterated.

Yep. There are opioid users who buy fentanyl intentionally and have a certain tolerance built up. This fentanyl is handled and packaged in the same places that coke is being handled and packaged, it’s almost always the result of sloppy work and cross-contamination.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hozz said:

Thankfully, there were no dangerous drugs pouring into our country before now.  I mean, I totally don't associate the 1980's/early 1990's with drug use or anything.

But to echo above posts, I cannot wrap my brain around why wholesalers are cutting with this shit.  It makes zero sense for all involved in the 'supply chain.'  Something else is involved here.  I know it sounds like the Kingsmen Sequel, but somebody is doing this to the raw product once it enters the United States to kill off addicts or something.  People forget that once the product enters the United States across a border or by airplane, it goes into the hands of U.S. citizens.  Those "brown people" don't drive it up to Chicago, cut it up, then distribute it all around the country by car.  They leave it with middle-men, who are born and raised Americans who hide in plain sight.  Those guys, under protection of U.S. Law Enforcement, traffic it around the country to major hubs where---I suspect it's being cut with fentanyl in many situations.  Then it makes it to re-up suppliers and finally to dealers, the last two groups I assume would have zero interest in killing their customers.  Not just bad for business, but apparently...also a crime.

875ea6c2e5f50cf58cdc176b67ba2c12.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

ive never used a drug in my life (humble brag)

for the dealers, what's the advantage of spiking coke with this stuff ?

That's the big conundrum.  You'd think it was a cheap way to make certain drugs hit harder, like heroin, or opiates/oids.

Putting it in coke or meth doesn't seem to make much sense, but maybe people aren't that discriminating as long as it fucks you up one way or the other.  Still, it seems like the upper/downer mix isn't what coke/meth buyers are looking for.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fentanyl is insaaaanely hard to find and police. It's very very easy to slip incredibly potent amounts into innocuous shipments from manufacturing hubs like China and Mexico. The number of customs agents it would take to comprehensively check everything is totally nonviable.

Yeah, the conflation of a "porous" border (build the wall!) with the problems of drug importation is pretty disingenuous, or ignorant.

I got an email from Cornyn trying to do that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Nevermind the fact that we're making, distributing, selling, consuming, and dying from plenty of our own drugs made here in the USA!  MADE IN AMERICA! 

I'm sure there's some conspiracy theories on the dark web or whatever about fentanyl that I don't wanna go looking for, but I'd invite some to share on here if they know of any.  But my best guess is this is being mixed in at the mid-levels of the supply chain here in the United States.  For a 100 years, re-up distributors and direct dealers have been providing millions of pounds of cocaine cut with everything under the sun.  And then suddenly fentanyl just finds its way into a huge portion of the supply out of the fucking blue?  

11 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

I think that's true for most of us assholes on this board. However, way back when I joined the Air Force, it was stressed that drugs were a no second chance, you are out, PERIOD.

I remember my base, Hurlburt Field, having to send several techs to Rhein-Main (late 80s, early 90s) to fill positions for many Airmen that were dishonorably discharged after it was found that they were part of parties were drugs and swinging were prevalent. All it took was making them pee in a bottle to determine their guilt. Being in the Air Force, when they tell you to pee in a bottle, it's done at that time and someone has to watch the flow from source to bottle.

I was a Marine in the late 90's early 2000's.  Everyone knew about the surprise drug tests.. which is why so many started taking x pills til they were able to test for that too.  However, Cocaine binges from Fridays through late Saturday were frequent, knowing it would be out of your system by Monday or Tuesday mornings.

Of course we all knew better, but 18/19/20/21 still will 18/19/20/21.

9 hours ago, freyguy said:

Shocking when you consider how young adults are renowned for their decision making prowess.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, the conflation of a "porous" border (build the wall!) with the problems of drug importation is pretty disingenuous, or ignorant.

I got an email from Cornyn trying to do that.

You think this shit is not coming in primarily through our open southern border?  Talk about ignorant.  Virtually all of it comes to the US via Mexico.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

7-ABB6208-D0-BF-4577-8-BB2-71-EBEF79-DF0

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/916890880/we-are-shipping-to-the-u-s-china-s-fentanyl-sellers-find-new-routes-to-drug-user

Under international pressure, China's government banned the production and sale of fentanyl and many of its variants in May 2019, resulting in a significant reduction in the country's illicit fentanyl trade.

But more than a year later, Chinese vendors have tapped into online networks to brazenly market fentanyl analogs and the precursor chemicals used to make fentanyl, and ship them directly to customers in the U.S. and Europe as well as to Mexican cartels, according to an NPR investigation and research from the Center for Advanced Defense Studies, or C4ADS, a nonprofit data analysis group. (The center receives some of its funds from the U.S. and U.K. governments.)

Some of the substances are outlawed in China and internationally. Others are so new they are not yet banned, are harder to detect and regulate, and they can be used in basic chemical processes to produce illegal drugs.

Chinese vendors are often camouflaged by a complex network of corporate entities registered in far-flung cities along China's interior, where they use sophisticated shipping methods to bypass screening measures and where law enforcement scrutiny is often laxer than in bigger cities such as Beijing or Shanghai. Thousands of doses can be shipped together in small, hidden packages.

"Many Chinese networks involved in the production and advertising of fentanyl quickly adapted to increased legal constraints by modifying their techniques to exploit loopholes in chemical restrictions and disguise their activities," said Michael Lohmuller, a C4ADS analyst and report co-author.

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Some dumbfucks use very little coke at all.  Cut all the other shit you mentioned with trace amounts fentanyl.  Unless you know exactly who and where your shit comes from its very risky.  It’s risky no matter what, but just cluelessly asking anyone out if you can buy shit is Russian roulette.  Back in my day I was a moron doing that, but it wasn’t nearly as risky a couple decades ago.  Scary shit.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

I was a Marine in the late 90's early 2000's.  Everyone knew about the surprise drug tests.. which is why so many started taking x pills til they were able to test for that too.  However, Cocaine binges from Fridays through late Saturday were frequent, knowing it would be out of your system by Monday or Tuesday mornings.

Of course we all knew better, but 18/19/20/21 still will 18/19/20/21.

it's a different equation for Academy kids.  Yes  some will do those things.  Most understand the gravity of fucking things up on a chance of a lifetime.

You think this shit is not coming in primarily through our open southern border?  Talk about ignorant.  Virtually all of it comes to the US via Mexico.

It isn’t.

The vast majority is coming through legal points of entry like ports and not illegal border crossings.

Via Mexico =/= “open borders” or whatever the fuck.

It’s Gus Fring, not smugglers on foot crossing the border.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It isn’t.

The vast majority is coming through legal points of entry like ports and not illegal border crossings.

Via Mexico =/= “open borders” or whatever the fuck.

It’s Gus Fring, not smugglers on foot crossing the border.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/drug-bust-cocaine-marijuana-port-everglades-florida-coast-guard/

yep. 1.4B.  That’s a good Saturday night.  

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

Shocking when you consider how young adults are renowned for their decision making prowess.

Doing a little blow while in Miami during spring break? I hate to let you know but that’s not a ‘decision’ at all. Its a literal tradition.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Thankfully, there were no dangerous drugs pouring into our country before now.  I mean, I totally don't associate the 1980's/early 1990's with drug use or anything.
But to echo above posts, I cannot wrap my brain around why wholesalers are cutting with this shit.  It makes zero sense for all involved in the 'supply chain.'  Something else is involved here.  I know it sounds like the Kingsmen Sequel, but somebody is doing this to the raw product once it enters the United States to kill off addicts or something.  People forget that once the product enters the United States across a border or by airplane, it goes into the hands of U.S. citizens.  Those "brown people" don't drive it up to Chicago, cut it up, then distribute it all around the country by car.  They leave it with middle-men, who are born and raised Americans who hide in plain sight.  Those guys, under protection of U.S. Law Enforcement, traffic it around the country to major hubs where---I suspect it's being cut with fentanyl in many situations.  Then it makes it to re-up suppliers and finally to dealers, the last two groups I assume would have zero interest in killing their customers.  Not just bad for business, but apparently...also a crime.

US Trucking is full of Mexican and Central American drivers who are either legit and non legit operators. The mob uses the criminal ones because they’ll take their time when caught hauling contraband without speaking.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1