Texas vs Va Tech - Friday, 3:30pm on TBS

shadow_operative

That's fucking crazy to think about.  I think if I remember that game correctly, it was an early tipoff and I got day drunk with unpaintedhuffhines.  Who'd we lose to after that game? 

I have no expectations for today. We know exactly who we are. There is no magic week of practice that will clear up our flaws. We know our strengths and weaknesses and we know our ceiling as a team. Hoping we have great 3 point shooting to put us over the hump usually doesn't work out well. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'm nervous for this one. Virginia Tech is a lot better than people give them credit for. Also, I don't care about the final score, just fucking win!

I'd say at least 60% of people posting in here think VT is dangerous and hot, which is a recipe for scoring an upset or two in the NCAAT.  About 40% are blowing off their ACC tournament run as a fluke. 

VT is getting a lot of credit in the media (though those people also had Kentucky and Iowa in the Final Four, so....) 

• Pancho changed the title to Texas vs Va Tech - Friday, 3:30pm on TBS
1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'm nervous for this one. Virginia Tech is a lot better than people give them credit for. Also, I don't care about the final score, just fucking win!

Pretty much everyone is picking us to lose, so yes, VT is getting a lot of credit with most saying their seed was too low (which I agree with). 

ESPN’s “People’s Bracket” shows 53% of all brackets filled out on ESPN has VT winning. 

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

I have no expectations for today. We know exactly who we are. There is no magic week of practice that will clear up our flaws. We know our strengths and weaknesses and we know our ceiling as a team. Hoping we have great 3 point shooting to put us over the hump usually doesn't work out well. 

If you know this team’s ceiling, would you mind going on the record before the game starts how they will do in the tournament this year?

1 hour ago, slorch said:

If you know this team’s ceiling, would you mind going on the record before the game starts how they will do in the tournament this year?

I have no idea. But I have a pretty good idea which teams will likely beat them

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's fucking crazy to think about.  I think if I remember that game correctly, it was an early tipoff and I got day drunk with unpaintedhuffhines.  Who'd we lose to after that game? 

Michigan, but Taylor and Walker went off and we all thought they would be our starting guards next year and we would be good. Taylor was good, but Walker beat his girlfriend.

2 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

I have no idea. But I have a pretty good idea which teams will likely beat them

We can beat Va Tech if we play our average game.  Purdue is beatable, but we'd have to play near to our best game.  Have no idea on St. Pete or Murray, first time I saw St. Pete was yesterday and of course they looked great, but there's gotta be a reason they're a 15 seed.

We can't beat Baylor barring something going drastically wrong with them, like multiple guys with early foul trouble.  If they get upset before the regional final, I would say UCLA is beatable in the same vein as Purdue, probably even more difficult, we'd have to play near our best and they'd have to...not.  I've seen them quite a bit this year and they have had some off games.  I don't see us beating NC but I've only seen them play very early on and their last couple games.  

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm ready to be hurt again.

I'm not. I'm tense as all get out. It's been a long time since a basketball game meant this much to me. 

I will say it's been highly fulfilling seeing Calipari and Shaka Smart both lose. 

Just get this win and all will be right with the world.

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm not. I'm tense as all get out. It's been a long time since a basketball game meant this much to me. 

I will say it's been highly fulfilling seeing Calipari and Shaka Smart both lose. 

Just get this win and all will be right with the world.

I think you misinterpreted my comment. 

Texas is well-rested, and is Big12 battle-tested.  Beard has a completely different gear in the NCAA Tournament.  I like UT's chances today, and in the next game.  I predicted it last week...you guys will make the Sweet 16.  
I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it actually happen. I was still in college the last time Texas made it out the first weekend... Feels like ages ago.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, hookemATL said:

Dont really see how we should get the benefit of the doubt in any way from the committee considering the last several tourney bids and how Texas totally limped into the postseason.  There was ample opportunity to improve seeding and find a better home in the bracket, but we pissed that away and got what we got.  Fingers crossed there is some kind of magic mind voodoo that Beard has going on to help things click when it matters the absolute most.

Selfishly, id love a matchup with Purdue as my wife started grad school there at the beginning of this year.  She ordered a t-shirt just to rub it in my face if UT advances to take on the Boilermakers.

You should drill her in the ass on Saturday night and tell her it’s preparation for Sunday. While she wears her Purdue shirt. 

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Hey I know.  Let’s pay billions for the broadcast rights and then make it hard for people to watch all the games.  We’ll make a killing. 

Yeah they should just give it away for free!