Texas vs Va Tech - Friday, 3:30pm on TBS

shadow_operative

Just now, Beau Vine said:
3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:
We're winning offensive boards 5-0 and turnovers 1-4.  We should be up several points right now, but we can't score the god damned ball.  Same thing it's been all year.

I wonder if it's because we try to score things that aren't the ball?

It is what it is.

9 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Can someone tell me how this year’s offense is any different than the previous 6?

They're not as free wheeling. They also don't have the athletes or the PG that some of those teams had. Which is what made those teams so much more frustrating for me to watch. 

For me this offense is doing a decent job of creating open shots and forcing opponents into what would be an alleged mismatch. But guys miss open shots and can't take their defender one on one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

They're not as free wheeling. They also don't have the athletes or the PG that some of those teams had. Which is what made those teams so much more frustrating for me to watch. 

For me this offense is doing a decent job of creating open shots and forcing opponents into what would be an alleged mismatch. But guys miss open shots and can't take their defender one on one.

For instance, Ramey had a break away and missed the layup because he can't dunk. Ramey also got a pass wide open on the baseline and dribbled the ball under the basket because the big recovered, any guard that played at Tech for Beard would have dunked both of those opportunities.