Severance (Apple TV)

austingirl

• 3 weeks later...

This quickly became our favorite show not only is walken the best, but something about this show had us hooked. I will say that the finale was a little bit of a let down, yes what we learned might not have been what I would have guessed but knowing where the cliffhanger would be kinda sucked. Amazing show, wish it got more people watching and talking but we hadn’t been so excited for a show in quite some time. If you haven’t watched, definitely need to. 

27 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Whoa whoa whoa what? If this is remotely true I need to go back and watch. 

I haven’t seen anything online about it so it’s probably nothing but they looked nearly identical.  Even down to the the same crooked front teeth Adam Scott has.  The shot which followed was an immediate zoom in to outie Mark too.  

29 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

I haven’t seen anything online about it so it’s probably nothing but they looked nearly identical.  Even down to the the same crooked front teeth Adam Scott has.  The shot which followed was an immediate zoom in to outie Mark too.  

Are you talking about the senator?  Different dude that clearly had his wife severed to forget childbirth.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Chet Steadman said:

Question about the final ep

Hide contents

Was that an older or cloned Mark outtie Helly was talking to at the ball?

10 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Are you talking about the senator?  Different dude that clearly had his wife severed to forget childbirth.  

Spoiler

Mark was not at the gala in any way, shape or form. That was Arteta, the senator. The finale was fantastic. Mark yelling "she's alive!" will stick with me for a long time. I knew Helly was someone important but didn't guess she was an Egan till they briefly flashed to her outie in the second-to-last episode, and only after the second time I watched it - that's when I realized the background looked like the Lumon gala they were setting up for.

Also, poor Irv. You knew he was going to find Burt and his boyfriend/husband, but still.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

That was my favorite season of tv in awhile. 

Ok so, what fucking year is this? All the tech and cars are 70s-80s, but all the "outties" have smart phones. And outside fashion looks current, but they're all driving 40 year old cars. 

I don’t think it’s really specified and I think it’s just part of the aesthetics and weird world they’re building. 

Yeah, I was about to tell my wife it has an "Archer" vibe in terms of anachronisms.  But then I remembered she never watched that show and doesn't know how demented it is...so I had to pull back and say "Terry Gilliam" vibe.  She got that.  And doesn't have to know my hero in life is a drunk cartoon spy.  

We've only just begun the series based on some of ya'll's recommendations...but really digging it so far.  They're fortunate they got the cast they did because the even with the plotline, the script itself is not enough to carry this thing at the start...but the cast pulls it off.  Anything less with one or two more weak spots, I'd have given up by now even with the tales of this wonderful close.  

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

That was my favorite season of tv in awhile. 

Ok so, what fucking year is this? All the tech and cars are 70s-80s, but all the "outties" have smart phones. And outside fashion looks current, but they're all driving 40 year old cars. 

The cars are weird, and the housing tract where Mark and Mrs. Selvig seems oddly uniform. I think they might live in Lumon housing, whether he knows it or not. The town is already called Keir, and remember early on when we saw Petey's map? At one side of it he wrote something like "Houses???" at the edge of the property he'd drawn.

Edited by austingirl

6 hours ago, austingirl said:

The cars are weird, and the housing tract where Mark and Mrs. Selvig seems oddly uniform. I think they might live in Lumon housing, whether he knows it or not. The town is already called Keir, and remember early on when we saw Petey's map? At one side of it he wrote something like "Houses???" at the edge of the property he'd drawn.

Pretty sure that's Lumon housing, and it's supposed to be like an old company town.

Watched the most recent episode again tonight, and damn, the acting was top notch, too.  Turturro's facial expressions when he decided to drive were amazing, as were Helly's when she finds out who she really is.  

I think my favorite thing about this series is that I’m excited as hell for season 2 and we haven’t even touched on what the f the company does or what they are doing there for work. So many compelling plot points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 4/9/2022 at 1:58 PM, 4th&Five said:

The middle part of the season was boring to me but they pulled it together by the end. Not sure I’m interested enough for a second season though. 

Just finished episode 5, season 1, and think it’s boring as fuck so far.  But reading your post gives me some hope it will get better and keep watching.  

On 4/12/2022 at 10:12 PM, wutang75 said:

I think my favorite thing about this series is that I’m excited as hell for season 2 and we haven’t even touched on what the f the company does or what they are doing there for work. So many compelling plot points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife and I just finished it tonight and I’m right there with you.  So much more to reveal about this weird world.     On the other side of the spectrum is my wife who is pissed that they left so many big questions open.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

My wife and I just finished it tonight and I’m right there with you.  So much more to reveal about this weird world.     On the other side of the spectrum is my wife who is pissed that they left so many big questions open.  

Yeah, but we did get a of the big questions answered - who was Helly's bitch outie, why was Irv always falling alseep, Mark and Mrs Cobel meeing outside as he is an innie to her outtie. And of course, Gemma! It could've been worse but I'm happy with what we got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Last two episodes delivered enough to keep me watch but very weird show.  Reminds me of David Lynch.

It’s David Lynch’s Black Mirror “episode”.   It’s ripping off Black Mirror a bit better than Upload is, given Upload is, although I enjoy Upload.  

I thought it was ten episodes so we finished Ep. 9 with great anticipation for the big finale… and shit, no more resolution! 

We loved the series, and look forward to more. And don’t worry everyone, I think I’ve heard Abrams and Lindelof are becoming showrunners to make sure the plot stays on track. 

(Good for Mark Scout… Helena was looking good at the gala, and Gemma has it going on, so he’s got game. By the way, his Volvo is mid-90’s, I had one just like it. A great car as long as you don’t need the AC to work, and based on all the snow, that’s probably not a problem.)

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

I thought it was ten episodes so we finished Ep. 9 with great anticipation for the big finale… and shit, no more resolution! 

Same - I was thinking that was one penultimate episode . . . can't wait for more twists.  Oh well - great season.  

5 hours ago, Mr. Orange said:

Been thinking about giving this one a try, based on thread, apparently I have been missing out.

It is a slow burn of a show. It is WEIRD. But the cinematography, set/props/outfits, and cast are all fantastic.