West-Central Texas Wildfires

Rip76

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

It's not much, but it's something:

https://www.dontmesswithtexas.org/get-involved/report-a-litterer/

"When you see litter thrown or flying out of a vehicle, intentionally or accidentally, take down the following information—license plate number, make and color of vehicle, date and time, location, who tossed the litter, and what was tossed.

TxDOT compares the information through the Department of Motor Vehicles registration database, and when an exact match is located, we send the litterer a Don’t mess with Texas litterbag along with a letter reminding them to keep their trash off of our roads.

And you can feel good about doing something to clean up our beloved Lone Star State."

Wish I would have known this last Friday. Some MFer threw out a lit cigarette butt at the intersection of Hwy 4 and 377, here in Granbury, before turning into the QT for fuel. Had me contemplating chambering a round and following him to the pump. I hate feeling that way, but it put my HEB (when it's open) at risk.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Wish I would have known this last Friday. Some MFer threw out a lit cigarette butt at the intersection of Hwy 4 and 377, here in Granbury, before turning into the QT for fuel. Had me contemplating chambering a round and following him to the pump. I hate feeling that way, but it put my HEB (when it's open) at risk.

CHIEF

Don’t Mess with (Texas) my H‑E‑B 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, miguelito said:

"When you see litter thrown or flying out of a vehicle, intentionally or accidentally, take down the following information—license plate number, make and color of vehicle, date and time, location, who tossed the litter, and what was tossed.

TxDOT compares the information through the Department of Motor Vehicles registration database, and when an exact match is located, we send the litterer a Don’t mess with Texas litterbag along with a letter reminding them to keep their trash off of our roads.

And you can feel good about doing something to clean up our beloved Lone Star State."

I would rather them send get a citation for $500 and an invite to pick up trash on a hot Saturday afternoon along a highway...  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I would rather them send get a citation for $500 and an invite to pick up trash on a hot Saturday afternoon along a highway...  

I'd rather chain them to a tree downwind of where they threw their firestarter, and have them hope for the best.  I mean, that's what they expect everyone else living downwind of their firestarter to do, so goose and gander and all that.

On 3/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, Rip76 said:

D1B174B6-2451-47E9-9E43-A1BFDE480B86.jpeg

North Fort burns a lot. There are a ton of weapon ranges from small arms all the way to artillery, so you see it burning multiple times a year, not an exaggeration. I don’t pay it much mind when I see smoke plumes that direction. I didn’t realize this was something significant until a buddy texted me about it. Gatesville might be fucked if this wind keeps going today. 

In Tennessee, too, Smokey Mountains decided to smoke again.  But they don't have the road grid to escape that is in most of Texas, at least 3 of the 5 roads out of Wears Valley are blocked.  80-90 mph wind gusts.  Near Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

Devil in the house of the rising sun

Edited by clapclapclap

Kingsville Record 

MOVE TO SAFETY NOW

Attention Kleberg County:
The fire situation in our county poses an immediate threat to people living in southern Kleberg County, from the Ricardo area to Riviera. This fire is out of control and is not contained. We have talked to firefighters on the scene and they are telling us this is the worst fire situation they have ever seen. Please move to safety and pray our brave firefighters can get this thing under control before the winds pick up in the morning..
Terry Fitzwater, Publisher

JUDGE RUDY MADRID UPDATES COMMUNITY ON FIRE DISASTER THAT IS STILL ONGOING

Good Morning,

The fire continued throughout the night.  It has affected an estimated 60k acres. 
No homes (destroyed) to report as of yet. 
Nevertheless, my request for a Volunteer Evacuation still remains for both Ricardo and Rivera Tx. (West of I-69).

We are currently receiving mutual aid from multiple counties, the City of Kingsville, King Ranch, NAS Kingsville, Tx Dot, the COG (Area Council of Government) and the Texas Forestry Task Force.  

We are working hand-in-hand with the Governor’s Executive Leadership Team from (TDEM) ~ Texas Division of Emergency Management-- for additional resources and have asked that our Disaster Declaration get approved.  

Prayers to all our first responders and volunteers.  More to come… God Bless. 
~ Kleberg County Judge Rudy Madrid

On 3/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, miguelito said:

Fuck, I didn't read this post well enough. I reported a bitch tonight, on the way back from fire breaking the lease camp, and moving blinds and feeders. She threw a lit butt out the window at 281/I-20. I was detailed enough, they can pick up the butt and pull DNA samples. FUCK A BAG!!!  Sent a link to the picture of her car even. I know it's America and it's "word against word", but I wanted to go full Gomer Pyle with the citizen's arrest.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Fuck, I didn't read this post well enough. I reported a bitch tonight, on the way back from fire breaking the lease camp, and moving blinds and feeders. She threw a lit butt out the window at 281/I-20. I was detailed enough, they can pick up the butt and pull DNA samples. FUCK A BAG!!!  Sent a link to the picture of her car even. I know it's America and it's "word against word", but I wanted to go full Gomer Pyle with the citizen's arrest.

CHIEF

Should've shot out her back tire.  

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Should've shot out her back tire.  

Forgot my 9mm at camp, so it would have been a .25-06. But the thought did cross my mind. They need to make throwing lit butts out the window a jail time felony.

CHIEF

On 4/4/2022 at 10:24 AM, CHIEF said:

Forgot my 9mm at camp, so it would have been a .25-06. But the thought did cross my mind. They need to make throwing lit butts out the window a jail time felony.

CHIEF

I would 100% support a law that relates to times of high fire danger, and makes discarding a lit cigarette a new charge of "reckless arson," or something like that.   You know how "traffic fines double in work zone?"  Well, "discarding burning smoking materials during a red flag alert is a felony."  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

that area is dry as fuck.  took a load of calves to the sale tuesday in coleman.   took over two hours to unload.  nothing to eat so ranchers are dumping their herds.   trailers backed up all the way to allsups.   had time for ms muthafucka to go buy a twelve pack and drink every one of them   

• Haha 1