2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

Gonzaga-Memphis will come down to how the game is officiated.  Memphis has some really physical dudes who will knock the shit out of Holmgren and Timme if they try to set foot in the lane.  If the refs don't call that stuff (like in the SMU game), Memphis has a chance.

But since NCAA officiating has gone full-blown Dick Bavetta-era NBA, I'd bet on half the Memphis team fouling out and Gonzaga winning easily.

Edited by Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Gonzaga-Memphis will come down to how the game is officiated.  Memphis has some really physical dudes who will knock the shit out of Holmgren and Timme if they try to set foot in the lane.  If the refs don't call that stuff (like in the SMU game), Memphis has a chance.

But since NCAA officiating has gone full-blown Dick Bavetta-era NBA, I'd bet on half the Memphis team fouling out and Gonzaga winning easily.

I can't wait to watch this game.

Illinois / Houston.

Illini and Underwood are a mess. Schizo and no idea what to do offensively. Kockburn is an overrated dinosaur who relies on bully ball. Their go-to against Chatt was a deep three from Plummer. Worked on occasion, that's it. In the end, Chatt couldn't match up.

UH laying 4.5 seems steep.

About to head over to Dickies in Fort Worth for my 5th and 6th game of the weekend. The Kansas and Baylor fans were split into two different sessions/tickets on Friday, but all of them will be here for both games today. UNC and Creighton also had a good fan showing at the opening games. Should be a great crowd.

• Hook 'Em 4

We have two good games in Pittsburgh tomorrow. The arena was packed for both sessions yesterday. Pittsburghers really support the tournament when it comes to town. I think we were awarded 2024 as well.

Tomorrow we have Villanova v Ohio State and then Houston v Illinois. 

That's some fun right there.

This here is own view for the games.

IMG_3814.JPG

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to 2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Boy this bracket couldn’t get any better or open up anymore for us. 
it’s not like we are final 4 locks but there’s a real chance we could get there by beating an 11,3,7 and then 8 seed. It doesn’t get any cleaner as a path for a 6 seed. Remarkable really. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Boy this bracket couldn’t get any better or open up anymore for us. 
it’s not like we are final 4 locks but there’s a real chance we could get there by beating an 11,3,7 and then 8 seed. It doesn’t get any cleaner as a path for a 6 seed. Remarkable really. 

One damn game at a time. I want to be excited, but we just got our first NCAAT win in 8 years. Let’s advance out of the first weekend for the first time in 14 years first! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1