Sweet 16

Wally Pryor

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’ll be honest that this is wide open and I haven’t been impressed with any team and thought “fuck they look good”. 

If Texas had won last night I would be pumped at the opportunity to be in a wide open any one can win field.

I’ve been impressed with Nova. They’re gonna win it all. 

51 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bro.

You're a 2 point favorite. For now. Stop acting like you're playing a cupcake. You're really setting up to need the jaws of life to pry your foot out of your mouth.

Dude he said UNC in a convincing win.  I disagree with that prediction.  Where are you getting that I am acting like we are playing a cupcake?  Creating your own narrative here.

49 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Dude he said UNC in a convincing win.  I disagree with that prediction.  Where are you getting that I am acting like we are playing a cupcake?  Creating your own narrative here.

My bad I somehow missed that part. Don't get me wrong, I think it's gonna be a really good game. I'm not sure who to root for. I usually just root for the underdog in games that aren't ours because chaos, but on the other hand fuck UNC.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

I think Juzang needs to pull his head out of his ass for UCLA to win.  He has been pretty sucky since before his injury in the Oregon game going back a month.  

He started lighting it up last game.  He's streaky af.  But I think he comes on strong against NC.  He better.

22 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

9PM Central on Friday night tip time?

Drunk.

Yeah, I was mumbling about our start time on Thursday.

” It beats the alternative “ wife said.

She was right.   Good luck Cyclones!

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

Yeah, I was mumbling about our start time on Thursday.

” It beats the alternative “ wife said.

She was right.   Good luck Cyclones!

And good luck to the Raiders.  I would enjoy seeing y'all chew up Duke and Gonzaga in one weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

All-time starting 5's for the remaining Sweet 16 teams according to ESPN.  Gee, I wonder who would come out on top?  Actually, Houston's starting 5 would be pretty beastly.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33564397/march-madness-ranking-all-starting-fives-every-2022-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16-team

I expected to argue the hell out of our team, but they nailed it.  As the tag line says, Hoiberg, Niang, and Tinsley would create an absolute match up nightmare.

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I expected to argue the hell out of our team, but they nailed it.  As the tag line says, Hoiberg, Niang, and Tinsley would create an absolute match up nightmare.

We could run out Walton, Kareem, Derka, @ztejas, and Michael Scott and probably beat any of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

All-time starting 5's for the remaining Sweet 16 teams according to ESPN.  Gee, I wonder who would come out on top?  Actually, Houston's starting 5 would be pretty beastly.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33564397/march-madness-ranking-all-starting-fives-every-2022-ncaa-tournament-sweet-16-team

Call me crazy, but that Kansas team would beat UNC, and give UCLA hell.  

Also, Sean Gay should be on the Texas Tech team.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Call me crazy, but that Kansas team would beat UNC, and give UCLA hell.  

Also, Sean Gay should be on the Texas Tech team.

Jason Sasser over Darvin Ham at F.    Yeah, he had the backboard shattering "Ham Slam" against UNC, but Jason Sasser was the alpha on that team.

Sean Gay was not better than Keenan Evans or Andre Emmett( RIP.)

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I’d ask if you’re truly this stupid, but….

Nothing about my initial post was provocative, nor was it intended to be.

pancho's bitchass response got the 2nd post.  If I had posted it in a Chris Beard thread or UT '22-'23 convo or whatever, then y'all could gripe.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

a little love thrown Mark Adams' way would be appreciated...

https://naismithfanvote.com/

You don't have to vote for every category.  Also no input of personal info is required.  Just pick your folk(s), and hit "vote."

What Mark Adams has done this year is incredible, but I'm starting to get a little chapped that Otzelberger isn't getting more COTY run.

This ISU team is like a living, breathing plot to a Disney sports movie.

• Like 4

Yeah that's about the response I expected from you.

That's a dumber response than slorch asking why we have a Sweet 16 thread on a sports message board for the biggest NCAA event of the year. 

The kindergarten education in Lubbock is really something. 

Edited by Js1