2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

19 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:
There were several instances where we had guys in position to make a play on D but they just sucked and couldn’t finish…. I’m looking at you Brockermeyer.

You could also look at Schooler and Foster...wherever they are now.

Schooler is desperately hoping to make an NFL practice squad and Foster is at Sam Houston State.  

43 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Pure sarcasm sir. I think it's fucking wild that Sark is forever a shit coach because of his resume but PK doesn't get that same standard. I think the defense will be better just due to more time together for the staff, and the portal additions. Foster leaving also relieves a ton of headaches. 

doesn't fit the narrative people want though...

was PK fucking baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad last year? yes, 100% for sure.

does his track record say he has the ability to turn it around from a schematic standpoint? yes.

do i think he turns it around? last year just destroyed my hope he would turn it around...that said, we will see pretty quickly into the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Newy25 said:

This may be sunshine pumping but I can certainly see a 7-5/8-4 type season with optimism heading into 2023. The floor at QB will be higher and by the end of the year I fully expect QB play to be a plus. I also think WR will be greatly improved with Neyor and Billingsley. Offensive line will continue to be below conference average early in the year and should show out later in the season. I think the offense will give us a lot of optimism, especially late in the year. 

The defense, unfortunately I think is going to frustrate the hell out of us. Since we made no change in strategy or coaching and are relying solely on better players being the only solution, it’s going to be fucking ugly early in the year. I expect multiple coaches getting fired up to and including the coordinator. Unless Ford makes a huge leap at LB and we magically find two above average safeties right away I cannot imagine good things early in the season. 

Yeah I think Patterson is going to find out you can't just tell your DBs to hold at Texas in the big 12 you don't catch any breaks wearing burnt orange.

Pretty optimistic about the DL although I was last year as well and they didn't show up.

14 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

Schooler is desperately hoping to make an NFL practice squad and Foster is at Sam Houston State.  

Schooler should have stayed at WR honestly, I am assuming he ends up on a practice squad based on athleticism alone.

he is a 9.64 as a SS athletically btw

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

I always thought Foster and overshown were gonna be the dudes but they are polar opposites it's crazy

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah I think Patterson is going to find out you can't just tell your DBs to hold at Texas in the big 12 you don't catch any breaks wearing burnt orange.

Pretty optimistic about the DL although I was last year as well and they didn't show up.

Just do it enough and the refs eventually quit calling it. Just like holding on the OL.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Sophomore, Junior and Senior year if he stayed. 

5 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Multiple times, I've seen people here post things like, "With our incredible skill position talent, if our o-line could just be functional, if it could just be average, we could win 9 or 10 games." I agree with that sentiment. We don't need all-american or all-conference o-line play from potential transfer portal additions. Baylor didn't need it from their transfer portal linemen when they won the conference. I don't have unrealistic expectations that we will find future NFL 1st round picks in the portal. I just want functional o-linemen who can make our o-line average. If we roll out roughly the same o-line as last year (less our best o-linemen from last year who is now gone) we won't be close to an average college football offensive line. 

You are absolutely dripping with “Sark hasn’t done anything good” bias if you believe both that: (1) Kelvin banks would automatically be AT LEAST a 3-year starter at Bama and UGA, and (2) Banks couldn’t be “just a functional online man who can help make our line average” as a freshman on par with other portal options.  

I understand you’ve got your hill of we suck and all of our good players are transfer risks because sark sucks so we’re fucked either way, but come on dude. 

Edited by Askew

24 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Just do it enough and the refs eventually quit calling it. Just like holding on the OL.

But not like marginal calls against Purdue gigantors/circus freaks. Or any Purdue player.  Maybe the only time I've ever seen a ref (in any sport) not just "eventually quit calling it".

• Hook 'Em 1

Schooler should have stayed at WR honestly, I am assuming he ends up on a practice squad based on athleticism alone.
he is a 9.64 as a SS athletically btw

I’m the dude that sticks up for dudes that get shit talked. Athletically speaking, he was likely one of our better qualified guys on defense.

Schooler should get drafted. I don’t know that he will. He has 3 shots to make an NFL roster - DB, WR, special teams. Notice that his size is his lower grade. He’s not small though. He will play hard. His Pro Day numbers match up very well with guys at the combine.

His last half of the season was better than his first. Maybe that was conversion from offense, maybe it was new scheme. Maybe it was something else.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Had Enough said:

I’m the dude that sticks up for dudes that get shit talked. Athletically speaking, he was likely one of our better qualified guys on defense.

Schooler should get drafted. I don’t know that he will. He has 3 shots to make an NFL roster - DB, WR, special teams. Notice that his size is his lower grade. He’s not small though. He will play hard. His Pro Day numbers match up very well with guys at the combine.

His last half of the season was better than his first. Maybe that was conversion from offense, maybe it was new scheme. Maybe it was something else.

he'll make a team.  not sure about drafted. dude has the traits to contribute as a gadget or teams dude...

Eagle or 49er is my guess bet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

He is going to be a special teams demon for some team, and I think he could have a decent NFL career that way. He isn't good enough to be a WR or a S at the NFL level. 

18 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He can interact with them whenever and however just not during actual practices during the season. And his biggest influence won’t be on the players. Will be coaches and gameplanning.

I am actually more hyped with the Faterson hire than anything else we did this off season. If anyone will call out Sark if needed, it will be him.

Edited by TXs

On 3/24/2022 at 12:01 AM, Michael Knight said:

I don't wanna hear no bullshit about all the losses we're gonna have, lets talk about all the wins.

One thing to keep in mind if you enjoy Kool Aid, we will have a 40% new roster this year.

9 minutes ago, Nope said:

Blue looks impressive 

Yes, nice highlights from Blue, Worthy (duh) and Neyor. And a nice throw from

Spoiler

Card. I’m assuming it’s him because I see every other QB watching.

The first two clips have to be zero sum gamed… Barron keeps Washington from making the catch (but Washington needs to catch that), and Freshman Brooks keeps Dixon from a reception on a long, under thrown ball.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

refs see that arm extend like that and they are going to call offensive pass interference. 

No, because he didn’t actually push him or redirect him, he was making it seem like he was cutting back that way before reversing direction.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Joel Klatt???.....Joel Klatt???

Damn! I know we have sucked for twelve years but Joel Klatt is the best we can get?

Klatt has been my favorite Talking Head for the last few years. He's smart and insightful, calls 'em like he sees 'em, and doesn't fuck around with goofy shit or unsupported speculation. He may not love Texas, but he appears to understand us and respects us. 

Moar Klatt.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Ghosts of Knute Rockne, John Heisman, and Jim Thorpe were originally scheduled to headline the clinic but had to cancel last minute for a ghost orgy with Amelia Earhart, Marilyn Monroe, and Eleanor Roosevelt. 

Eleanor Roosevelt? So the guys were just going to watch, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cover your eyes @BurntOrange&White

Team notes (practice just ended, we will have more at some point):

- Quin Ewers’ first pass of the team portion was intercepted by Jett Bush. Bush might have been at Mike, we’ll work to confirm that.

- One completely impartial bystander (not even remotely a Texas fan) said Hudson Card looked more comfortable. This bystander also liked Card’s arm more “more lively arm today. Higher release.”

- Card’s experience with the playbook is a clear early advantage per another source. That said, we’re not reporting Card is setting the world on fire or that Ewers is truly struggling. It just seems clear after three practices Card is better right now.

- We’ll get more clear info on interceptions but there were at least a couple on top of a handful of PBU’s. Of course it wasn’t all bad, some dimes were definitely thrown by the first two QB’s where the receivers were able to get some separation. Worthy caught a deep-in with Jamison in coverage when Card was QB and Ewers threw a great deep ball to Casey Cain.

- Jerrin Thompson is still working at both safety and nickel. Jahdae Barron is still working at corner and nickel.

- JD Coffey has had a solid start to spring ball. He had a couple deflections today. He’d probably be behind Thompson still if they played a game tomorrow but he’s a viable player for 2022. You may recall U-Dub was pushing hard for Coffey when PK was the DC.

- On the hoof (we were able to watch the players arrive): the D-line physically looks better than the O-line. Meaning, as far as D-line and O-lines go, not a direct comparison between the two. A lot of the O-line are carrying extra pounds, likely in an effort to meet Flood’s preferred size specs.

- Bo Davis shuttles as many of his players as he can fit in his truck to practice. This puts immense tension on his shocks. One player leapt into the already full bed just as the truck was pulling away. With his windows down, Davis provided a little glimpse of his Ames Bus Voice.

- Bijan’s response to why he’s walking and carrying his own pads while Arch gets shuttled around on a golf cart. “It’s recruiting,” said with his customary giant smile.

• Haha 5

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic