2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

This team is going to suck until the D and O lines are fixed. They may win games they shouldn't because of the skill position talent and scheme, but against a true playoff caliber team they are nowhere near ready from just this recruiting class coming in. Don't let the 9.95ers fool you. 

Our OL talent improved a lot thanks to pancakes, but they’re young and undeveloped. 

30 minutes ago, immamac said:

This team is going to suck until the D and O lines are fixed. They may win games they shouldn't because of the skill position talent and scheme, but against a true playoff caliber team they are nowhere near ready from just this recruiting class coming in. Don't let the 9.95ers fool you. 

Pretty much what IT guys are saying. Lot of ceiling maybe 10, but that is only because the Big 12 is way down. Floor is like 6-7 games. I havent seen a soul say Texas is ready for the big time. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Pretty much what IT guys are saying. Lot of ceiling maybe 10, but that is only because the Big 12 is way down. Floor is like 6-7 games. I havent seen a soul say Texas is ready for the big time. 

Sark and the team in media availability. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Nahlin keeps referring to the 2022 Season for Texas as:

"The Year Before THE YEAR"  😋

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, immamac said:

Sark and the team in media availability. 

of course they have to say that and hopefully they actually believe that. You dont want a team of realist, imagine how that would work.  Best thing for Texas is to get a nice BS 9-10 win season off of a weak schedule to build momentum in recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nahlin keeps referring to the 2022 Season for Texas as:

"The Year Before THE YEAR"  😋

I guess that makes sense. 2023 we will have (hopefully) a multi-year starter at QB, Worthy and Neyor in their final year, Banks/Campbell/Williams/Neto with a year under their belt, Ford as a multi-year starter, all the young TE's in their 3rd year, Murphy and Collins anchoring the Dline and some of the young edge guys should be ready to go. Only real ding is losing Bijan/Roschon but if Brooks continues to develop we should be just fine.

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

FIFY.

His brother signed there and I'm kind of surprised McGuire hasn't recruited him into the portal already.

the school is whatever, point being that is the coaches saying "get in that motherfucker"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

What do you want them to say? “We’re hoping to get to 7 win this year?”

Yeah, I think anyone with half a brain knows that we don’t belong in the same sentence as a playoff team (this year). Sark will say what he has to say to the media. A realistic goal should be 8 regular season wins. Go 2-1 in non-con and 6-3 in conference. That’s a completely realistic goal, considering how close we were to 7 wins last year:

-If the refs don’t give OU a free first down when they were down 0-14 in Q1, maybe we stack a bigger lead early in the game and hang on.

-If the refs call the cheap shot on Casey against OSU, maybe we hang on to the lead.

-If Moore doesn’t blatantly shave 17 points vs Baylor, we have a bigger lead against them and maybe we hang on.

-If Sark doesn’t inexplicably throw Card in the game against Kansas, we don’t spot them 14 points and… you know the rest.

Two out of those four things happening would’ve led to 7-5. We were just a mentally weak team with terrible luck and roster cancers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

If only there was some way to quickly improve the O and D lines the last two years, like some type of gateway for experienced players who are ready to contribute right away. 

Oh well, guess we’ll just have to suck on the line of scrimmage for 2-3 years until Sark can get all his high school guys in here.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They're talking fullback on IT, but there's a long list of players I'd rather not take out before putting in Hullaby at FB. Most obviously Roschon. 

Goal line/short yardage stuff is just fine, but I agree. I doubt Hullaby will want to stick around for that, I would expect him to hit the portal after the spring. 

43 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This is 100% accurate and will still be very upsetting to many on this board. 

It’s a no shit statement to most serious football fans.  And yes people will get upset even when they know beforehand it’s coming.  Its still maddening to watch real-time in a game.   Only you purely rational and objective observers who alone could see the problem and warned everyone to no avail won’t get upset.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m pretty sure IT has posted that Hullaby was looking really improved at linebacker a few times. So good coaches are making a position switch from one of our weakest position groups to maybe our deepest. 

I do remember posts that his best fit would be on offense when he was a recruit though. Maybe that will prove right (at Texas Tech).

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m pretty sure IT has posted that Hullaby was looking really improved at linebacker a few times.

Pretty sure he was still running 3rd string behind Devin Richardson which is a red flag considering what we saw from Richardson last year. 

As you mentioned, his best fit was offense coming out of HS. Maybe they decided to stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and figured if he flames out on offense he will portal like he was likely going to do anyway on defense. 

19 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If our defense gives up fewer than 50 points to Kansas, it will be an improvement. It’s a low bar that we may not be able to meet

What if the offense scores less than 70 against Tech?

3 hours ago, immamac said:

9429F659-817E-4FBF-B288-A51BC1047C56.gif

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and his staff put the Longhorns through the paces on Tuesday in the team’s seventh spring practice. Horns247 was one of the media outlets allowed inside Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for a 20-minute window and the following are a few of the observations of what was gleaned with Texas just over two weeks away from wrapping up the spring with the spring game on April 23.

— Coming off of a Saturday practice where sources said there didn’t appear to be much separating the quarterbacks, the same was the case on Tuesday when watching Hudson Card and Quinn Ewers go through drills. Even from last Tuesday’s practice-viewing window, Ewers' level of comfort looks to have improved, perhaps an indication that he’s closing the gap on Card, which is something our sources have projected to happen at some point given Ewers’ talent level.

— As Horns247’s Chip Brown mentioned, the media got their first glimpse of Maalik Murphy on the practice field. His right ankle was heavily taped and he was moving through drills with a limp, but getting Murphy back on the field in some capacity is a welcome sight following his significant ankle injury late in his senior season.

— Troy Omeire was fully dressed out while doing his rehab work on the sideline. Jaden Alexis, who like Omeire isn’t expected to be a full participant in spring practice, wasn’t dressed out.

— Jahleel Billingsley and Ja'Tavion Sanders were the top two tight ends in group work followed by Gunnar Helm and Brayden Liebrock.

— Junior Angilau worked a little center, at least in terms of snapping the ball and firing out of a stance when the offensive line was going through their individual periods with Kyle Flood. Jake Majors continues to be the No. 1 center, but the loss of Derek Kerstetter means the Longhorns don’t currently have a backup center with in-game experience.

— There was no change to the top offensive line group. Andrej Karic (tackle) and Angilau (guard) were on the left side, Majors was at center with Hayden Conner (guard) and Christian Jones (tackle) on the right side.

— Moro Ojomo, who’s had a quiet spring to this point, was a full participant while the media was at practice on Tuesday. He was going through drills and participated in the pursuit drill period alongside an interior group with Keondre Coburn, Alfred Collins and Byron Murphy leading the way. T'Vondre Sweat, Myron Warren and Vernon Broughton made up the next group on the interior.

— On the hoof, Justice Finkley continues to look like he belongs. He and Ovie Oghoufo were the most noticeable Longhorn edge defenders in the viewing window.

— The top group of linebackers featured DeMarvion Overshown, Jaylan Ford, Devin Richardson and David Gbenda. From what we could see, Ford and Richardson were first up in drills. By all accounts, Ford is enjoying one of the best spring sessions of anyone on defense.

— In the secondary, Terrance Brooks, Ryan Watts and Anthony Cook stood out. The secondary did special teams work for most of the open window.

2 hours ago, OB3 said:

Makes Ewers look like a jv QB

Anyone know who the older fella is standing at the ready behind them? He's got the characteristic cellphone holster, so I assume he's not on staff. How much money do people have to donate to stand in the middle of practices? 

11 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Anyone know who the older fella is standing at the ready behind them? He's got the characteristic cellphone holster, so I assume he's not on staff. How much money do people have to donate to stand in the middle of practices? 

[ducks]looks like art briles with glasses [/ducks]

don't tase me, bro.

3 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Yeah, I think anyone with half a brain knows that we don’t belong in the same sentence as a playoff team (this year). Sark will say what he has to say to the media. A realistic goal should be 8 regular season wins. Go 2-1 in non-con and 6-3 in conference. That’s a completely realistic goal, considering how close we were to 7 wins last year:

-If the refs don’t give OU a free first down when they were down 0-14 in Q1, maybe we stack a bigger lead early in the game and hang on.

-If the refs call the cheap shot on Casey against OSU, maybe we hang on to the lead.

-If Moore doesn’t blatantly shave 17 points vs Baylor, we have a bigger lead against them and maybe we hang on.

-If Sark doesn’t inexplicably throw Card in the game against Kansas, we don’t spot them 14 points and… you know the rest.

Two out of those four things happening would’ve led to 7-5. We were just a mentally weak team with terrible luck and roster cancers.

He had some flashes between collar bones and I wanted to root for him so bad but I'm glad he's goneskis

th?id=OIP.q2tfoZjO131yKpv8paxTkAHaEl%26p

Overshown turns out to be the better of the two and I think our secondary is going to be legit this year. If only we can get some type of pass rush and run stopping going up front we will be set on D. 

I think the offense is going to light it up this year. 

We win 8 and beat blow U

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic