2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I Googled it because I thought "there's no way Hurts is 6'6"" then see that he's 6'1" and am reminded "oh right Kurt is just a fucking moron".

Hardest hitter I've seen since Joe Montegna.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wince every time I read who we’re starting on the OL. Hopefully everyone’s been keeping up with their offerings to their shrine of Dante Scarnecchia and we have some true freshman who show up this summer ready to start. 

Most of the OL we signed won't be here til Summer

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

During his career at Texas? Could happen.

I'd give Sark an outside chance at 10 wins if he was rolling out the best talent in the country (Bama level). We aint close to that yet. Maybe NIL gets us there, who knows.

10 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s a no shit statement to most serious football fans.  And yes people will get upset even when they know beforehand it’s coming.  Its still maddening to watch real-time in a game.   Only you purely rational and objective observers who alone could see the problem and warned everyone to no avail won’t get upset.  

I think you missed the point in a big way. There is a solution. A solution that has worked very well for other programs. Sark has ignored it 2 years in a row.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Dude, we get it. You think Baylor’s turnaround was entirely centered around a guard and center they got in the portal and not telling Larry Fedora and Charlie Brewer to get as far away from their football facility as possible and leaning on the 5 or 6 NFL draft picks on their defense.

I’m not even saying I don’t agree they should have looked into the portal at OL, but I’m convinced at this point you just wanted to see them take one just so you could say we took one, you wouldn’t even care about the quality of the player.

I already know how this conversation will go to. Someone will point out the OL class that was signed and you will look into your crystal ball and remind us that Kelvin Banks could always transfer to Bama in 2023. So I guess in that sense we should have just signed 0 HS lineman and 7 transfer OL because the HS lineman could just transfer and that’s just too much of a risk for us to take on.

Burt started for the JV and so he thinks he’s Bill Belichick

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

entirely centered around

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

So I guess in that sense we should have just signed 0 HS lineman

When you have to make hyperbolic generalizations like this, it shows you know you are wrong.

Baylor's rapid improvement happened because of multiple reasons, one of which was improving their lines in the short term via the portal.

You know very well we could have signed this freshman o-line class AND signed a couple of o-line transfers who, while not being future first round picks, could have been an improvement for a season over the slop we will start this year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OB3 said:

Makes Ewers look like a jv QB

I've got to say, I've been the author of countless misspellings on this board, both drunk and sober varieties. And I must say, "specimine" might be the most wrongheaded, fucked up, inexplicable botch I've seen in my life. It's obviously not just a fat finger, or some kind of weird autocorrect/replacement. It's not even some guy who got lost in thought and mashed together two different sentences while he was composing the tweet.  It's a misspelling that starts off with a complete lack of knowledge on how to spell the word by the author, followed up by completely blowing past what I assume is a red underline informing them that there is in fact no word spelled that way, and then the final cherry is a guy who does this for a living either failing to do any kind of proof read, or worse who looked at it and said "Yup, looks fucking terrific" and then hits send. 

While the fact that he works for Geoff Ketchum is an appropriate chef's kiss here, as Suchomel is the busted lap-band of 995 "journalism," I still weep that he is tangentially associated with the University of Texas. Go fuck yourself, Jason. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't know what you guys are looking at but Ewers looks a lot bigger than Murphy to me. Look closely.

i-NcvhVKm-X3.jpg

☝️ Me when I create myself in a football video game. 7 feet tall; 400 pounds; 4.2 second 40

Edited by TotallyLegit
100 Trucking
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've got to say, I've been the author of countless misspellings on this board, both drunk and sober varieties. And I must say, "specimine" might be the most wrongheaded, fucked up, inexplicable botch I've seen in my life. It's obviously not just a fat finger, or some kind of weird autocorrect/replacement. It's not even some guy who got lost in thought and mashed together two different sentences while he was composing the tweet.  It's a misspelling that starts off with a complete lack of knowledge on how to spell the word by the author, followed up by completely blowing past what I assume is a red underline informing them that there is in fact no word spelled that way, and then the final cherry is a guy who does this for a living either failing to do any kind of proof read, or worse who looked at it and said "Yup, looks fucking terrific" and then hits send. 

While the fact that he works for Geoff Ketchum is an appropriate chef's kiss here, as Suchomel is the busted lap-band of 995 "journalism," I still weep that he is tangentially associated with the University of Texas. Go fuck yourself, Jason. 

All this with a special low key nod for referring to the black quarterback as a (sic) specimine. Really? In 2022 can't we do a little better than that?

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic