2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This has to be a positive. It usually takes a .500 record for someone to get pissed. Maybe if they recognize there is an issue in April, instead of October/November, things can change.......maybe

I feel like we go through similar reactions from players every year but they usually happen mid season. Perhaps it's a positive that they are talking about it in Spring but I am too jaded from my past experience with Texas football to give them the benefit of the doubt. Hope this is the season we truly turn this ship around.

5 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

So do we have any idea who FCB is referring to that has gotten into some off field trouble recently?

SIDE NOTE: This week there was player on defense who got in some off-field trouble that could impact his development/playing time going forward. This player has an incredibly high ceiling, and coaches haven’t given up on him.

Well that statement eliminates about 3/4ths of the defense lol.

On a serious note, that makes it sound like it’s someone who hasn’t played much if he’s talking about ceiling.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

SIDE NOTE: This week there was player on defense who got in some off-field trouble that could impact his development/playing time going forward. This player has an incredibly high ceiling, and coaches haven’t given up on him.

Well that statement eliminates about 3/4ths of the defense lol.

On a serious note, that makes it sound like it’s someone who hasn’t played much if he’s talking about ceiling.

Ibraheem?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

This has to be a positive. It usually takes a .500 record for someone to get pissed. Maybe if they recognize there is an issue in April, instead of October/November, things can change.......maybe

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Have we had a player-only meeting yet or does it happen mid-season after booking 3-4 losses?

Oh My God Reaction GIF

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The most WTF has got to be Adrian Phillips.  He looked awful here but has had a pretty nice NFL career.  I would have never put money on that.

How about Colbert? HE couldnt get on the field, transferred, and just completed his 6 year in the NFL. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The most WTF has got to be Adrian Phillips.  He looked awful here but has had a pretty nice NFL career.  I would have never put money on that.

You predicted an NFL career out of Geoff Swaim?

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Best running back group. Not the best running back

I understand what you are saying, but if you have a guy that can gain yards every time blocking or no, and you never take out of the game, anyone else is irrelevant.

However, point taken, we are loaded at RB.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Have we had a player-only meeting yet or does it happen mid-season after booking 3-4 losses?

Did these guys forget they are playing Alabama and are lame ducks in the big 12

The same big 12 that fucked at every possible chance BEFORE we destroyed the conference lol

44 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I choose not to believe we're worse than the 2013 team that got 8 wins. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 12.38.44 PM.png

that team had a lot of dudes who actually played in the NFL (this is from pro football reference, which i think means they actually played in a game or were on an active roster?)

image.png.c381f9cdc742fab9ba7b6cd141c9c81c.png

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah I’ll take ricky williams and priest holmes. though bijan and rojo can compete for 2nd place. 

Ricky/Priest>>> Bijan/Rojo

You have Selvin Young and Jamaal Charles or M Brown, J Gray, Donte Foreman as a group also. 

Saying the best RB group at Texas is a pretty big statement. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

yeah I’ll take ricky williams and priest holmes. though bijan and rojo can compete for 2nd place. 

Just wait til RoJo adds a little passing to his repertoire this year.

And I’d consider Rickey and Priest a pair not a group. I did like Shon Mitchell, but he’s a poor man’s Keilan Robinson.

We’ve been fortunate to have a lot of greatness at that position.

Just run with a bit of positivity for awhile.

12 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Just wait til RoJo adds a little passing to his repertoire this year.

And I’d consider Rickey and Priest a pair not a group. I did like Shon Mitchell, but he’s a poor man’s Keilan Robinson.

We’ve been fortunate to have a lot of greatness at that position.

Just run with a bit of positivity for awhile.

if you’d prefer our group now to 1996 I’d say that was an interesting choice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

I am sorry, but the best RB we have ever had was Earl Campbell and who ever else was playing RB at the same time.

The better argument is Campbell and Leaks are a superior pairing than Bijan and Rojo. Leaks was coming off almost 1,500 yards before Earl came in and took over the lead role. HE went to a 5 year NFL career. Guy went from a star to a back-up 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, NoName said:

To be fair, Roy also had Chris Simms and Major Applewhite, not Hudson Card and Casey Thompson's 1 working thumb, plus he had actual other receiving threats around him (BJ Johnson had 41 catches, Hodges Mitchell had 37, Motrell Flowers had 22.

Meanwhile the guys who had the 2nd most catches on the team (26) missed 2 games and 5 games each (Bijan and Whittington), the next 2 guys behind that were Joshua Moore and Cade effing Brewer.

That 2000 team was also a significantly better team all the way around, 7-1 in Conference and #12 in Coaches Poll. lost by 3 points to Stanford and 5 to Oregon.

All of this to say, Roy Williams was a better college WR - but Worthy has the potential to be that good and break some of those program records or be in the top 5 - already #38 all time in program history in yards (won't break this just because he is going to be here 3 years), #47 in total catches (same, plus Shipley had almost 250 career catches at Texas despite only having 43 catches his first 2 years in the program) , #19 in recieving TDs (this would be hard to beat Roy at 36, but only needs to get to 20 to be #3 in program)

To be fair, Roy Williams OC was Greg Davis.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Did he produce to that ranking in college? Post college? From Day 1, Roy was better. And what collection of geniuses rated him higher than a 10.5, 25 foot long jump, large WR? If guys were retailed after college, I’m not sure BJ was top 50.

BJ was the #2 guy. I’d say the transfer is #2. He could be considered a better athlete. So that’d pit Whittington versus Thomas as #3. I’d choose Whittington, the moron that I am.

In the end, I’ll take production over ability. That’s what we need.

Me too, but that is hardly what you claimed or what we are discussing.

17 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It’s quite possibly the most talented top 3 WRs we’ve ever had.

Edited by lilMAC25

32 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I agree ....the above ought to be chisled in stone somewhere after reading the above selections

hell, how about Bertelson, Woster and McCoy to the groups as well?....

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

. Leaks was coming off almost 1,500 yards before Earl came in and took over the lead role. HE went to a 5 year NFL career. Guy went from a star to a back-up 

Leaks blew his knee during spring prior to his Sr year didn't he??....I don't think he would have given up his "star" if that didn't happen

I’ll take production. So for our current group only one has produced here. He only produced for a year. Too. This group has not touched several other groups in production. My statement on production in no way conflicts with my initial statement on talent of the current 3.

There was never a definitive statement from me stating they were the most talented 3-some. Only that they could/might be.

But Worthy is awfully talented. Only Roy Williams is a definitely a more gifted talent than him. Neyor is somewhat TBD, but he checks the boxes. Whittington is damn talented too as a #3.

There’s certainly several groups historically that can be discussed in a top tier, and this is one of them.

In looking back at my statement, I did not intend to mean top 3 talents ever but rather the collective talents of the top 3 WR corp on any given team. If that was not the direction others took it.

34 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I agree ....the above ought to be chisled in stone somewhere after reading the above selections

hell, how about Bertelson, Woster and McCoy to the groups as well?....

Icant edit, but I ought to neg my own ass for writing McCoy when I very well knew the guys name was Ted Coy...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’ll take production. So for our current group only one has produced here. He only produced for a year. Too. This group has not touched several other groups in production. My statement on production in no way conflicts with my initial statement on talent of the current 3.

There was never a definitive statement from me stating they were the most talented 3-some. Only that they could/might be.

But Worthy is awfully talented. Only Roy Williams is a definitely a more gifted talent than him. Neyor is somewhat TBD, but he checks the boxes. Whittington is damn talented too as a #3.

There’s certainly several groups historically that can be discussed in a top tier, and this is one of them.

In looking back at my statement, I did not intend to mean top 3 talents ever but rather the collective talents of the top 3 WR corp on any given team. If that was not the direction others took it.

Some people once thought Charlie Strong had a chance to be one of the all time best HC at TEXAS at some point too.

”TEXAS fans, you have permission to dream big”

~Jeff Ketchup after Strong managed to beat ND in OT.

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Ricky/Priest>>> Bijan/Rojo

You have Selvin Young and Jamaal Charles or M Brown, J Gray, Donte Foreman as a group also. 

I always wondered (wished) what kind of a Senior season Jamaal would have had if he came back for his senior season... He might have had a statue at DKR if everything fell into place.

• Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well, we at least got one guy on the team who will say what we are all thinking out loud

Called some guys out but this was the most blunt one of all. Damn. 

“On offense - straight O-line. Christian (Jones) has got to figure it out. Andrej Karic and Jaylen Garth need to grow up. It’s time. It’s time for them to figure it out. Like I told them, ‘You’ve got seven guys coming, and they’re all hungry.’ It’s like the DT room. You’ve got two or three guys coming in. They all want positions.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic