2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

and a freaky sidearm throw to Ja'Tavion Sanders that reminded one source in attendance of Ewers' APEC training mate Patrick Mahomes.

Already played the Aaron Rodgers card.  Let’s see if we can get these rubes to buy another top 5 QB comparison.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Eggo said:

Boy you better pay a little more respect to Sonya Richards-Ross than that. 

I've watched exactly zero seconds of women's sports that my family wasn't directly involved in during my life so I'm sorry if you're offended by my ignorance but I just remember he married some athletic track lady

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I've watched exactly zero seconds of women's sports that my family wasn't directly involved in during my life so I'm sorry if you're offended by my ignorance but I just remember he married some athletic track lady

Actually that's not correct. I have watched some UT volleyball on LHN periodically throughout the years. But that's pretty much it

By: Justin and Eric

Normally we’d wait for a more comprehensive recap but it’s getting later in the day.

The scrimmage wasn’t over until about 2:45.

— Quinn Ewers looked really good. He made some plays out of nothing. He handled the blitz well and stepped up and delivered.

— Overall a good day from the receiving options, including Jahleel Billingsley who caught a TD from Ewers. Ja’Tavion Sanders made a play or two. Xavier Worthy caught a TD. Jordan Whittington and Casey Cain were also mentioned, as was Kelvontay Dixon who almost housed a bubble screen.

— Hudson Card was late on a deep ball to Worthy allowing the DB to knock it down. He’s better on the underneath stuff when given time.

— As far as we know there were No INTs. Even better news, there were no injuries.

— Bijan Robinson made his typical unreal cut that led to a TD

— Obviously the offense won the scrimmage a week after the defense had its way.

We’ll have more as we get it.

6 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Normally we’d wait for a more comprehensive recap but it’s getting later in the day.

— Quinn Ewers looked really good. He made some plays out of nothing. He handled the blitz well and stepped up and delivered.

— Overall a good day from the receiving options, including Jahleel Billingsley who caught a TD from Ewers. Ja’Tavion Sanders made a play or two. Xavier Worthy caught a TD. Jordan Whittington and Casey Cain were also mentioned, as was Kelvontay Dixon who almost housed a bubble screen.

— Hudson Card was late on a deep ball to Worthy allowing the DB to knock it down. He’s better on the underneath stuff when given time.

— As far as we know there were No INTs. Even better news, there were no injuries.

so Hudson Card hasn't improved at all and Quinn Ewers can actually throw a football down field? Wow such analysis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

If Hudson Card was the QB that had the better day that report would have been 3x longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I kinda wish we could see Tom against bama. Yes he should’ve been fired and glad he’s not here but he never got blown out so curious if bama would’ve finally done that. I mean we all know what bama is gonna do to sark.

Anyway, if card, a third year player is running close with Ewers, it’s Ewers job.

But yeah beating Kansas is a good start and not losing a huge ass lead, would be a good season.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Apparently OB’s practice notes did not match up with IT and 247’s.

Spoiler

Texas held another scrimmage on Saturday, and OB was able to talk to a couple sources to get some notes.

--- The offense worked on some 5-wide personnel with Bijan Robinson split wide to the boundary.

--- Lots of 10 personnel (1 RB/0 TE) with Hudson Card, Isaiah Neyor, Jahleel Billingsly (flexed), Marcus Washington and Xavier Worthy.

--- One person described DeMarvion Overshown as a very sure tackler in this scrimmage and said he looks a lot bigger muscularly than last year.

--- In the first half of the scrimmage, Quinn Ewers worked mostly with the 2s. The offense ran a lot of 11 personnel with Gunnar Helm at tight end. Casey Cain and Jonathon Brooks also got a lot of work with the 2s.

--- One person said Ewers did a good job of keeping his eyes downfield and looking to throw when flushed from the pocket rather than just tucking it in and running.

--- The second OL that was blocking for Ewers in the first half of the scrimmage was Jaylen Garth, Max Merril, Logan Parr, Cole Hutson and walk-on Chad Wolf.

--- I’m told that second-team OL had some issues. In fact, Ovie Oghoufo was described as being unblockable when matched up with that unit.

--- Bert Auburn got some work at placekicker. Missed a 52-yarder at the end of the first half.

--- Xavier Worthy and Jordan Whittington were the first guys back on punt returns.

--- Quinn Ewers was out with the 1s in the second half so it sounds like the first-team reps were divided pretty evenly.

--- One person said Hudson Card looked much better in the pocket than he did at times last year. “Not as antsy,” the source said. On the flipside, that same person said Ewers did have some happy feet, but it was “mostly because they can’t block for him.”

--- No surprise here, but one source said the DL appears to be ahead of the OL for sure.

--- The first-team offense, in the second half, worked Jordan Whittington across the middle with some success.

--- The offense had some success in finding the running backs leaking into the flat for sizeable gains.

--- Ewers dropped a perfect 60-yard seam route to Cain but Cain couldn’t hold onto it.

--- Ewers then found Whittington for a touchdown towards the end of practice in red zone work. Another shallow cross.

--- Sounds like Card had a solid day, but one person said he did miss a wide-open Billingsly for what should have been a TD in red zone work.

--- They ran a double pass … Worthy to Gunnar Helm. Interestingly, Worthy apparently got popped on the play which brought on a nice little scuffle on the sideline. It was stopped quickly but someone described the moment as pretty heated.

--- Overshown made a few nice plays, including running down Bijan Robinson on an outside zone run to the boundary.

--- Lots of tempo and misdirection in the red zone work. Roschon Johnson had a touchdown in goal line work on an inside run.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

--- The second OL that was blocking for Ewers in the first half of the scrimmage was Jaylen Garth, Max Merril, Logan Parr, Cole Hutson and walk-on Chad Wolf.

--- I’m told that second-team OL had some issues. In fact, Ovie Oghoufo was described as being unblockable when matched up with that unit.

My high school JV team would record sacks against that line. Not a surprise. A walk on, a second year player who was Herb Hand’s 5th option and didn’t require much effort to land, a freshman in his 10th practice and a couple jags.

Edited by Hookem2147

10 hours ago, westexhorn said:

I went to watch some of the games and to me Ojomo seemed like he tried.  Sweat on the other hand could be seen half assing some of the plays.

I have made it a point to refrain from re-watching most of our games for the past 10 years as a contribution to the well being of both my physical and mental health. I will continue, however, to look forward to the day when I can once again enjoy trying to decide between replays.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fud said:

--- Lots of 10 personnel (1 RB/0 TE) with Hudson Card, Isaiah Neyor, Jahleel Billingsly (flexed), Marcus Washington and Xavier Worthy.

So we were in 10 personnel with 1 RB and 0 TEs ... with a TE and ... someone at RB?

That fucking 10 year old girl in Remember the Titans could write a better report than this

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

We have the guys to man one of the edge positions. We only need one starter (Mathis). Linebacker doesn't have a great starter and has no depth. We need help with one at lb as well. I have us at 8 wins. I think 1 edge and 1 lb will get us 2 more. We still need a left offensive tackle.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic