2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Dbeasy said:

This board needs a little sunshine to offset the Sark gloom and doom. I’ve posted this before when Sark was hired.

I have a friend who knows Sark well and he thinks the guy is solid and will be successful at Texas. I remain skeptical but this guy’s opinion shouldn’t be dismissed. He knows most of the top coaches in college football very well. This has kept me from just giving up on the program completely. 

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

I am not liking how this schedule sets up for Texas

Texas will do what they always do and that is dick off against ULM and "try and keep it simple to not give it all away" while ignoring that fucking Alabama already knows 110% of the shit that Sark will do so no need to "keep it simple to be double top secret"

Alabama gets a lot tougher test against Utah State for their first game and Utah State will already have a game under their belt prior to Alabama and of course Alabama does not do the "double top secret" shit because it is no secret they are going to try and butt fuck you onto submission and stomp your ass more after that

so those two opening games set up like shit for Texas especially if Texas does not approach ULM as a game to simply try and run to perfection 100% of what they plan to do all season and fuck the "guard the playbook" shit

after that is UTSA that will be doing all they can to make a name for themselves and even if Texas manages a decent win well it is still UTSA after probably not a great outcome against Alabama and if UTSA is even close then shit can get bad fast from then on because.....then Tech at Tech

then WVU and even at Texas well that can be ugly all the more so depending on the prior games....plus easy to overlook them for the next "big game" OU

after OU won or lose is ISU that Texas is always under prepared for

then OkState on the road that always wants to prove something against Texas (they all do and Texas never seems to get that ever)

then KSU (see ISU)

then TCU who knows how that will go, but by then the season will be mostly written for Texas

then Kansas......hero or zero here........1 loss maybe 2 or gets fired before he can fuck up and lose to Kansas twice

then Baylor.....with either something to build on or something to consider firing a coach over on the line

this schedule could not be much worse on terms of how it falls for a team in the position Texas is in

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Texas will do what they always do and that is dick off against ULM and "try and keep it simple to not give it all away" while ignoring that fucking Alabama already knows 110% of the shit that Sark will do so no need to "keep it simple to be double top secret"

Alabama gets a lot tougher test against Utah State for their first game and Utah State will already have a game under their belt prior to Alabama and of course Alabama does not do the "double top secret" shit because it is no secret they are going to try and butt fuck you onto submission and stomp your ass more after that

so those two opening games set up like shit for Texas especially if Texas does not approach ULM as a game to simply try and run to perfection 100% of what they plan to do all season and fuck the "guard the playbook" shit

after that is UTSA that will be doing all they can to make a name for themselves and even if Texas manages a decent win well it is still UTSA after probably not a great outcome against Alabama and if UTSA is even close then shit can get bad fast from then on because.....then Tech at Tech

then WVU and even at Texas well that can be ugly all the more so depending on the prior games....plus easy to overlook them for the next "big game" OU

then OkState on the road that always wants to prove something against Texas (they all do and Texas never seems to get that ever)

then KSU (see ISU)

then TCU who knows how that will go, but by then the season will be mostly written for Texas

then Kansas......hero or zero here........1 loss maybe 2 or gets fired before he can fuck up and lose to Kansas twice

then Baylor.....with either something to build on or something to consider firing a coach over on the line

this schedule could not be much worse on terms of how it falls for a team in the position Texas is in

Vince Vaughn Negative Town GIF - Vince Vaughn Negative Town Wedding Crashers GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There has not been a HFC at Texas that I have "liked" in my lifetime:

-DKR was before my time and I was little at the end of the Akers era.

-McWilliams overtly sucked. Mackovic was impossible to like.

-I appreciate what Mack Brown did for Texas, but he and I both should wake up every day thanking God for Vince Young. Outside of the winning, I despised most aspects of Mack Brown's weak and insecure bullshit.

-Chuckles I was excited to see hired, but I dumped out on him immediately with the Shawn Watson hire. It was immediately obvious he was going to bust.

-I knew Herman in Houston in various ways and despised him from the jump.

-Steve Sarklossian was a trash hire, I don't give a fuck how nice of a guy he is. I realize due to relationships I have in and around the CFB world and with Bama that it's not fair for me to smear my understanding of the guy over that of the average fan, but fuck it. 

Anyway, who gives a fuck? I liked Barnes and Garrido plenty and was happy to see them go when they left. I'll take a HFC that denies The Holocaust and vacations with Putin and Kim Jong Un in Caracas if he wins games without bringing Switzer/Sherrill levels of shame onto the program. I don't need to like them. I'd like just like to have one on campus eventually that I think can help Texas win national titles again.

While nothing you said is wrong per se, this is the most glass half empty take ever. 
Allow me to play Devils Advocate:

McWilliams showed us the folly of hiring a Texas Ex as head coach. We won’t fall into that Michigan Man trap now!

Mac 2 brought the offense into the modern era, fixed some racial issues in the locker room and perception around the state and gave us Ricky Williams, while winning the last SWC title and first Big 12 title. I will always contend that his tenure was incredibly useful because of those things, he left the cupboard decently full for Mack, and you should absolutely give him credit for moving the ball forward and leaving it better than he inherited it. 

Mack Brown was the 2nd or 3rd best coach we ever had and won a national title. The end was shit, with all that he probably slightly underachieved, and could have had 3 titles if not for bad luck behind his control (08 and 09). I’d take another Mack run for the next 15 years, warts and all, and consider us lucky to have it. 

Charlie Strong taught us it wasn’t a good idea to turn the program over to a functional retard 

Tom Herman taught us membership in Mensa is overrated, especially if you combine that with narcissism and unearned hubris. 

Sark is a story not yet written. I’m betting against success here but he seems to have had a very productive offseason and I’m not going to consider it impossible that a confluence of luck and big lift by alumni and stakeholders can’t overcome his weaknesses. Maybe we learn infrastructure is as important as the head coach and we leverage our advantages to succeed because we were shamed by how bad things went his first year.  

So there, that’s your glass half full take. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

TEXAS is the fuckin' villain that folks enjoy kicking whIle we are down...

image.png.1caaa896cb1ff16b1cbc22c531fa6fd9.png

This is exactly the kind of pussy who’d try to alpha a guy a foot shorter than him and wind up getting his ass handed to him on a pissy bathroom floor. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

This is exactly the kind of pussy who’d try to alpha a guy a foot shorter than him and wind up getting his ass handed to him on a pissy bathroom floor. 

Awkwardly specific

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

then KSU (see ISU)

You need a laugh... So in honor of your Username @ButtFumble

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

then KSU (see ISU)

Afraid of shadows I see.   Bama and Kansas are the only games of concern next year.  Ignore all the negative shit about sark and the coaching staff.   I challenge you stupid fucks to id five staffs in the country that are clearly better than the Texas staff top to bottom.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, quigley said:

Sark wanted to hire Mike Stoops.

Maybe they should have let him

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a friend who knows Sark well and he thinks the guy is solid and will be successful at Texas. I remain skeptical but this guy’s opinion shouldn’t be dismissed. He knows most of the top coaches in college football very well. This has kept me from just giving up on the program completely. 

What are the rest of us supposed to do?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

OH, YEAH!!!

I don’t know if a complex mathematical model is required to tell you that, in a vacuum, it is extremely difficult to do worse than 5-7 this year with basically the entire big 12 losing tons of returning production and us getting a huge upgrade at QB. Although I do find it interesting that the FPI is basically saying mediocrity will be widespread next year given it is forecasting double digit wins at only four schools.

7 hours ago, Octavian said:

I don’t know if a complex mathematical model is required to tell you that, in a vacuum, it is extremely difficult to do worse than 5-7 this year with basically the entire big 12 losing tons of returning production and us getting a huge upgrade at QB. Although I do find it interesting that the FPI is basically saying mediocrity will be widespread next year given it is forecasting double digit wins at only four schools.

We were supposed to be getting a "huge upgrade" at HC last season, too.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

If you are referring to ESPN FPI for preseason, here's how it's compiled...

Thanks for posting that. Given the metrics they are using, it’s even more mystifying how we rank so high. Are they using recruiting rankings on the signing day for that year instead of how that year’s class actually panned out? Because the 2019 class on the day it was signed would boost that ranking a lot higher than the straggled remains of it left on campus. 

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Out of curiosity, will some of your who are pessimistic about this season change your tone at all if Mathis and another portal body (OL or LB) is added? Or do you just believe the writing is on the wall?

Obviously it’s hard to know what kind of quality we could add at OL or LB at this stage, but I know personally adding Mathis is worth at least an extra win or two, imo.

There is an entire George R R Martin novel on the wall. 

12 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’m pessimistic about this team until they consistently show me something on the field that changes my mind.

i just want you to know that you have the single funniest avatar on the website - the story, the way that CTJ covered his face, all of it. i laugh every single time.

it's amazing.

46 minutes ago, NoName said:

i just want you to know that you have the single funniest avatar on the website - the story, the way that CTJ covered his face, all of it. i laugh every single time.

it's amazing.

I miss the old name of his handle.. Casual Encounter..goes much better with the photo of CTJ

11 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

While nothing you said is wrong per se, this is the most glass half empty take ever. 
Allow me to play Devils Advocate:

McWilliams showed us the folly of hiring a Texas Ex as head coach. We won’t fall into that Michigan Man trap now!

Mac 2 brought the offense into the modern era, fixed some racial issues in the locker room and perception around the state and gave us Ricky Williams, while winning the last SWC title and first Big 12 title. I will always contend that his tenure was incredibly useful because of those things, he left the cupboard decently full for Mack, and you should absolutely give him credit for moving the ball forward and leaving it better than he inherited it. 

Mack Brown was the 2nd or 3rd best coach we ever had and won a national title. The end was shit, with all that he probably slightly underachieved, and could have had 3 titles if not for bad luck behind his control (08 and 09). I’d take another Mack run for the next 15 years, warts and all, and consider us lucky to have it. 

Charlie Strong taught us it wasn’t a good idea to turn the program over to a functional retard 

Tom Herman taught us membership in Mensa is overrated, especially if you combine that with narcissism and unearned hubris. 

Sark is a story not yet written. I’m betting against success here but he seems to have had a very productive offseason and I’m not going to consider it impossible that a confluence of luck and big lift by alumni and stakeholders can’t overcome his weaknesses. Maybe we learn infrastructure is as important as the head coach and we leverage our advantages to succeed because we were shamed by how bad things went his first year.  

So there, that’s your glass half full take. 

Huh? If you want to extol virtues about a bunch of ex coaches at Texas, start your own pollyanna thread and tell us all about it. It has nothing to do with the post you quoted, which was addressing a simple question about “liking” coaches or not. Total non sequitur on your end. 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh? If you want to extol virtues about a bunch of ex coaches at Texas, start your own pollyanna thread and tell us all about it. It has nothing to do with the post you quoted, which was addressing a simple question about “liking” coaches or not. Total non sequitur on your end. 

Also mostly a joke as I thought was evidenced by Michigan man, functional retard and Mensa narcissist. 
I guess I could have phrased it as “I like chuckles the clown b/c he taught us to never go full retard” but didn’t think it was totally and completely necessary for the bit. 

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Thanks for posting that. Given the metrics they are using, it’s even more mystifying how we rank so high. Are they using recruiting rankings on the signing day for that year instead of how that year’s class actually panned out? Because the 2019 class on the day it was signed would boost that ranking a lot higher than the straggled remains of it left on campus. 

In general, they're based on a combination of, more or less in order, recent performance on a play by play efficiency basis, returning production, overall team talent, and distant performance on a play by play efficiency basis. Some try to factor in coaching as well. Similar models are used to help build internal power rankings to handicap neutral field lines at books, which are then adjusted based on various other variables 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

We needed a Tom Herman Asshole Quotient to get to the real results. 

• Like 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic