Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

Giddy up.  Should be lovely weather, around 100 degrees at first pitch on Friday and Saturday.  I'm assuming we'll have first pitch on Friday between 6:00-7:30p.  Should we win that, same goes for Saturday evening.  Everything else is up in the air.  We are in business...

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Now the question is if Pierce throws Kingham in game 1 against the #4 seed? 

We're likely going to be paired with somebody like Texas Southern who is #215 in RPI. I think you save Kingham. 

If we get Texas Southern, throw Bocci. No doubt.

A&M finished 4 games under .500 in conference. High RPI but it's pretty clear the committee values conference record. 

I still think A&M gets a 2 seed though. 

A&M made a decent run in the SEC tournament but don't forget that they needed at least 1 win to even make a regional. They were right on the bubble before the SEC tournament. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I mean, fuck a&m, but BA has them a 3-seed even though their RPI is 15, so I don't know what in the hell BA is doing.

Their OOC schedule was a fucking joke. They played all of 2 true road games out of conference. At some point you have to start penalizing teams that rely solely on the perceived strength of their conference instead of proving it on the field.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Friday games are at 4:00 & 8:00p-CDT.  Hopefully rest of weekend will be taking shape soon.  We also get our game on LHN which is unusual, but beats streaming it for those fans that can't make it to DFF.  

I'm selling my Friday afternoon tickets to some Aggies to fund beer for the rest of the weekend.Gonna be a fun regional.  Indiana fans are usually fun

8 minutes ago, Another Ralph Ellison Joke said:

While Texas got screwed, I feel confident that the Horns will handle A&M pretty easily.  The law of averages just won't let the Big 12 Champs drop to 1-6 against SEC competition.  

you aggy trolls are so terrible at this.