Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

People are not surprisingly making this about Texas and A&M, but I would not sleep on Indiana. Won 9/11 series this year. Only 2 losses were to regional host (Minnesota) and tournament team (Ohio State). Both on the road.

I totally agree.  The committee disrespected the Big 12 champs giving them this kind of regional.  

Edited by Another Ralph Ellison Joke
  • Fuck You 18

fuck off aggy.  Texas won the conference and played a nice schedule.  They are up and down and could win or lose any game.  They have the players to make a run but they need them to play well.  Zubia for one needs to get hot again.  He was a big difference maker during the conference and needs to show it here in the post season to keep the lineup balanced.  The bats overall need to show up for Texas since the team ERA is a bit lacking this year. 

Need to take care of business.  Should be entertaining.  Beat who you play to advance.  /master of the obvious

Edited by zork
  • Like 1

quote:
The committee is specifically to look st the whole body of work. No one piece of data is supposed to be a sacred cow. The fact is that no 3 seed has EVER had the highest rpi in a region, and we got sent into a highly hostile road game.

It was either the fact that everyone simply hates you or that they thought it was a favor since y'all love playing the victim and being miserable bitches. 

Hey at least TCU won't slit your throats again and deny you the opportunity to win your third CWS game in program history. That milestone third win can be so damn elusive. 

cant believe Schloss is going to miss st when he could have been at Texas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
cant believe Schloss is going to miss st when he could have been at Texas.

Timing is everything. If Schloss takes the Miss State job I think a big reason will be because he knows TCU is in rebuild mode. TCU was not good this year and they are losing their best players from this year. 

I think this is very much a "get out while you still can" type ordeal. 2 or 3 years of missing the tournament and your stock begins to fall. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Timing is everything. If Schloss takes the Miss State job I think a big reason will be because he knows TCU is in rebuild mode. TCU was not good this year and they are losing their best players from this year. 

I think this is very much a "get out while you still can" type ordeal. 2 or 3 years of missing the tournament and your stock begins to fall. 

Absolutely.  Who in his right mind would turn down a chance to coach the Longhorns but jump at a chance to coach Mississippi State?  Something dirty is happening here.  Street agents, probably.  I bet State is paying him off.  

• Fuck You 24

I always love reading some aggy try to be a troll when its painfully obvious and everyone here calls them out on it and doesn't take them seriously because I know they still go back to their friends and tell them they're doing such a great job "trolling the stupid sips."

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I always love reading some aggy try to be a troll when its painfully obvious and everyone here calls them out on it and doesn't take them seriously because I know they still go back to their friends and tell them they're doing such a great job "trolling the stupid sips."

I am with you buddy I think that's hilarious too and I also hate it when people feel the need to break up their thoughts into "sentences" and that's one of the reasons why aggy is like so dum. 

• Fuck You 18

I have no doubt this is another "Trumpaggie"/"theoneandonly" sock account. Or commonly known as Gemba on other boards. 

12 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Another Ralph Ellison Joke said:

Texas got screwed.  It's bullshit that the committee saddled the Horns with a three side that has a higher RPI, and who already beat Texas head to head on the year.  

We did get a rather hard 2 seed, but the committee made up for it by giving us the easiest 3 and 4 seeds.

• Like 2

I can’t think a worse way to ruin what could be a fun baseball weekend than inviting the cucks of college station to come civilization and ruin it for all of the other normal people. 

Win or lose, everybody still has to deal with aggy doing all their aggy stuff which makes us all losers. Kind of depressing. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Another Ralph Ellison Joke said:

Texas got screwed.  It's bullshit that the committee saddled the Horns with a three side that has a higher RPI, and who already beat Texas head to head on the year.  

Sucks for you guys, but at least you get to see a world class university and city up close.

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy is so salty over their seeding. Why don't you fucking cowards play someone out of conference and on the road.

NC SOS = 136, 2 fucking road games.

Texas NC SOS = 25, played LSU and Arkansas on the road.

Yep. Kentucky had a better resume, but was one and done in the SEC tourney.  That could easily have been aggy. 

8 minutes ago, Forty Acres said:

I can’t think a worse way to ruin what could be a fun baseball weekend than inviting the cucks of college station to come civilization and ruin it for all of the other normal people. 

Win or lose, everybody still has to deal with aggy doing all their aggy stuff which makes us all losers. Kind of depressing. 

This.  I'm tired of committees trying to put us together. I'd rather have LSU or any other SEC team.  It just ruins the event because of all the douchebags.  no upside in beating them.  send them to Tech's regional.  We needed to take the Big 12 tournament more seriously so we didn't have to deal with those idiots on a general level.  

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Hey how do we get single game tickets to this thing? The day of or before the game? I want to go Friday night but I don't think I can make it the rest of the weekend.

Call TexasSports 512-471-3333 tomorrow or maybe today.   Today was the deadline for season ticket holders to buy and some single tickets may open.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBPOST&linkID=tex-ath&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Also, can try online.

Edited by torre

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same as it ever was. That conference thrives by scheduling as few losses as possible, by stacking their non conference with more pushovers and by limiting total conference games. 

Wait...is this the football thread??

4 hours ago, BERT said:

It would just be to perfect for aggy to lose to Indiana and then Texas Southern sends them home. A boy can dream. 

Knowing how these things always work out, I'd be UTTERLY SHELLSHOCKED if it's not Texas vs. aggy in the winner's bracket game. I feel like Indiana is going into this game knowing they're losing in the first round.

I'll give it to aggy - they'll have a crowd behind them on Friday night in the disch against the Hoosiers.

6 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Knowing how these things always work out, I'd be UTTERLY SHELLSHOCKED if it's not Texas vs. aggy in the winner's bracket game. I feel like Indiana is going into this game knowing they're losing in the first round.

Because that's how teams with a top 5 draft pick pitching for them usually feel, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Because that's how teams with a top 5 draft pick pitching for them usually feel, right?

Yeah, that's an odd take. aggy might win but Indiana is throwing one of the best arms in college baseball. It's far from a certainty that aggy wins that game. 

Guest Lobo

Hoosier Daddy, Aggie...Hoosier Daddy?  

You fucking inept, sheepskull-fucked idiots.  Every fucking year we the adults have to tell you how the world works.  Go ahead and stroke your bats, your doom awaits.

It's impossible your stupidity still passes for arrogance.  

10 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Nobody on their team is getting picked in the first five picks of the mlb draft...

No doubt, but pretty obvious he meant top 5 rounds. He's right too. Stiever will be drafted between round 2 and 4. 

Stiever is legit. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1