Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same as it ever was. That conference thrives by scheduling as few losses as possible, by stacking their non conference with more pushovers and by limiting total conference games. 

So, just like football?'  Kind of runs in the family.

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

No doubt, but pretty obvious he meant top 5 rounds. He's right too. Stiever will be drafted between round 2 and 4. 

Stiever is legit. 

This is what I meant. I don't even have the "I was drinking" excuse to bail me out this time

Season ticket holders had until yesterday to order tickets and will get first priority.  Then I think they use donation levels and then general public.  They are probably doing the allocations today, and I would expect the emails no later than tomorrow.  I ordered mine last week.

aggy is already bitching about the tickets on texags complaining that UT gets first crack at tickets.  I'm sure aggy would do it differently if they were hosting.  Everything is some giant conspiracy to those morons.  I don't think that if the the entire NCAA population were to get together to conspire against someone that they would pick the most underachieving program to be the target.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Season ticket holders had until yesterday to order tickets and will get first priority.  Then I think they use donation levels and then general public.  They are probably doing the allocations today, and I would expect the emails no later than tomorrow.  I ordered mine last week.

aggy is already bitching about the tickets on texags complaining that UT gets first crack at tickets.  I'm sure aggy would do it differently if they were hosting.  Everything is some giant conspiracy to those morons.  I don't think that if the the entire NCAA population were to get together to conspire against someone that they would pick the most underachieving program to be the target.

Apparently they already forgot about 2016 when they taunted TCU and called them a bunch of dumbasses for letting their "pre-order" code out. And they bragged endlessly about how they were going to buy up all the tickets and turn Lupton into a home venue. Of course, as with everything else Aggy, it all turned out to be a bunch of worthless bluster, and TCU bounced those fucks out of the postseason -- again.

• Like 1

I'm truly torn here. I want aggy to lose every single time they compete in anything (other than livestock judging), but yet I want to see the Horns crush them on the field.  Maybe the on-the-field tournament victory will have to wait a few years until aggy jumps ship again to a new conference (one where they can go .0.500 or maybe even better!) and comes to Austin as a 4-seed.

I'm perfectly fine with those shitheads going 0-2 BBQ in Austin. Then I can laugh even more when their idiot fans claim that they would've beaten the "sips" if they had gotten a chance, and when they whine about how unfair it was that the "sips" scheduled the Aggy games for the middle of the afternoon when the weather is at its hottest.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 2

Just got an order confirmation email...not a season ticket holder so looks like they are starting to allocate them. Doesn’t show me where I am sitting yet...but I’ll be there! \m/

Edit - Looks like they just refunded two extra tickets I had in my cart but couldn’t delete for some reason...I called first thing this morning to let them know. But called again now and the person I spoke with said “You should be good.” Emails with printable tickets are going out tomorrow.

Edited by Tailgate

51 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm perfectly fine with those shitheads going 0-2 BBQ in Austin. Then I can laugh even more when their idiot fans claim that they would've beaten the "sips" if they had gotten a chance, and when they whine about how unfair it was that the "sips" scheduled the Aggy games for the middle of the afternoon when the weather is at its hottest.

Should have had the start at 2:30 or 3:00 instead of 4pm.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

Agree.  Beating them on the field would be great, but for aggy to not even be good enough to get in the ring is fine with me too.

How they constantly come up with new material to whine about is honestly beyond me. Last time I went to the texags message board they were claiming all of our baseball success was from cheating and blown umpire calls, and referenced some missed tag in an austin regional from the early 80s. So many levels of pathetic I don’t know where to begin: 1.) bitching about something that’s not aggy related almost 40 years ago, 2.) bitching about those “dreaded sips” bc you’ve never been in their shoes or 3.) somehow narcicistically convincing yourselves you’re better than Texas in every way when stats, facts, and history all point to otherwise. 

No. 3 is probably the winner, but aggy is unbearable for a myriad of reasons. In 2014, they convinced themselves that they were actually better, and the third best team in the country because they beat vandy in the regular season and Texas only beat them once in two tries. Even though Texas ended their year in 2014, and all of a sudden this year regular season records don’t matter and shouldn’t matter...

What a life they must live being that delusional

On 5/28/2018 at 11:34 AM, Another Ralph Ellison Joke said:

While Texas got screwed, I feel confident that the Horns will handle A&M pretty easily.  The law of averages just won't let the Big 12 Champs drop to 1-6 against SEC competition.  

Law of avg’s sez one day u will suffocate from gargling so many cocks.

Folks over on secrant think that Aggy calling us “sips” is pretty lame:

“Can yall think of a better nickname for them than sips. This might have been offensive in the 1940’s but today it just sounds silly. Like calling someone a poo poo head.”

This should be interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Another Ralph Ellison Joke said:

While Texas got screwed, I feel confident that the Horns will handle A&M pretty easily.  The law of averages just won't let the Big 12 Champs drop to 1-6 against SEC competition.  

That's the road record, sonny. The Big 12 champs aren't too terrified of the team that finished 11th in their conference.

But it just means more, right?

Crazy how the path to the natty is that we have to basically beat the entire SEC.. aggy at home, then Ole Miss if the regionals play out as predicted, then there is the possibility of having Florida, Georgia, and pig in our bracket in Omaha. 

14 hours ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

How they constantly come up with new material to whine about is honestly beyond me. Last time I went to the texags message board they were claiming all of our baseball success was from cheating and blown umpire calls, and referenced some missed tag in an austin regional from the early 80s. So many levels of pathetic I don’t know where to begin: 1.) bitching about something that’s not aggy related almost 40 years ago, 2.) bitching about those “dreaded sips” bc you’ve never been in their shoes or 3.) somehow narcicistically convincing yourselves you’re better than Texas in every way when stats, facts, and history all point to otherwise. 

No. 3 is probably the winner, but aggy is unbearable for a myriad of reasons. In 2014, they convinced themselves that they were actually better, and the third best team in the country because they beat vandy in the regular season and Texas only beat them once in two tries. Even though Texas ended their year in 2014, and all of a sudden this year regular season records don’t matter and shouldn’t matter...

What a life they must live being that delusional

"Last time I went to Texags......."

That was your first mistake.

The sheep humpers at texags are already bitching about the umpiring and injuries caused by our turf keeping their players out of the super.   It would have to be a pretty severe injury to keep a player from watching from the stands with the rest of their team.

15 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean after the Big 12 tournament were Texas had to play two 9AM games I'm all for later games, but damn, every game is going to be ending near midnight.

It's being played on the weekend. Just eat your dinner after 5pm and you should be fine. 

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Has anyone who's not a season ticket holder gotten their ticket allocation for the regional yet?

Nope. I contacted the Box Office yesterday as I had preordered Regional and Supers last week (got charged, but just for the rights of preordering $5/$5). Contacted the Box Office yesterday morning via phone and online to make sure that I did not need to order or buy again as they were selling to the open public. Got placed on eternal hold of course on the phone. Was able to do a chat online with a rep and she assured me that "I was good" and did not need to purchase more as I was already in the queue.  No email as of this morning and contacted them again. Was able to talk with a rep who somehow could not look up my account and stated all would be contacted via email today. I'm withholding judgement as of now, but not liking the wait.

Aaaand speaking of the devil, I just got my tickets. I figured I'd get GA, but I got seats in Section 10, Row 8, which are pretty damn good seats.  I ordered my tickets on Monday, not a baseball season ticket holder, but I am for football, so I'm guessing that helped.

I am officially gruntled and excited!

19 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Aaaand speaking of the devil, I just got my tickets. I figured I'd get GA, but I got seats in Section 10, Row 8, which are pretty damn good seats.  I ordered my tickets on Monday, not a baseball season ticket holder, but I am for football, so I'm guessing that helped.

I am officially gruntled and excited!

I just got mine and I'm 2 rows behind you, just behind the visitors dugout.

Just got my tickets email!

I don't have baseball or football season tickets.  Used to have football season tickets and donated to the longhorn foundation years ago.  Not sure if that helped. I applied on Monday after the selection show.

Just got my two! See y'all at the Disch. Out of curiosity...how many of yall are going to every game? I am not sure about sun baking to watch the ags at 4pm....may hit a bar for that game and then head to the disch in the last few innings of it.

Just now, Tailgate said:

Just got my two! See y'all at the Disch. Out of curiosity...how many of yall are going to every game? I am not sure about sun baking to watch the ags at 4pm....may hit a bar for that game and then head to the disch in the last few innings of it.

As luck would have it, I'm traveling to Dallas for work on Friday, so I'll be getting back just in time for UT's game.

46 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

To each their own but I don't understand why anyone would willingly subject themselves to 3 hours surrounded by Aggies when the Horns are NOT playing.

Hopefully we stay in the winners bracket so I can drink Haymaker or Crown and Anchor out of beer before the games.

so the UIL softball tournament is at McCombs on 1st and 2nd all day.  my guess is parking will be a nightmare if you aren't showing up early.  I bought parking in the East Campus garage.  anyone know how bad it is getting in/out of there before/after games?

To each their own but I don't understand why anyone would willingly subject themselves to 3 hours surrounded by Aggies when the Horns are NOT playing.
Hopefully we stay in the winners bracket so I can drink Haymaker or Crown and Anchor out of beer before the games.

I just sold my game one tickets for just about enough to cover my total cost
  • Like 1