2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

4 hours ago, sidis said:

i've been wrong before but not based on his tee box game so far.  look at the difference between his tee shot on 3 vs. the kid.  now replace the kid with koepka/rahm/dj/scottie/etc...

i think it's impressive AF that he is going to be E after 3 for sure...but he looks really pained on the long shots.

Tiger hit iron and Neiman hit driver on 3

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm afraid it's permanently lodged up there.

Spieth butcher'd easy Par 5 #8 for bogey, and tee shot on #9 is right... but on #9 green with 2nd shot.

3 bogeys in 8 holes, and putts have been close several times, but not falling.

Time get hot Jordan !!!!

Currently +2 thru 8 holes

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO, we are seeing the changing of the Longhorn PGA tour guard.  I think Scottie is gonna surpass Spieth in his career.

of course now Spieth will shoot 29 on the back...

3 majors is still a lot post-Tiger. It's just Jordan, Rory and Brooks. 

Scottie's playing great right now - I could see him getting there. So many guys win one or two and then never win again though. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO, we are seeing the changing of the Longhorn PGA tour guard.  I think Scottie is gonna surpass Spieth in his career.

of course now Spieth will shoot 29 on the back...

Spieth birdies #9  😂😂😂 

+1 thru 9

Edited by LTtxfan

2nd shot approach from fairway on Par 5 #13, Spieth yells after shot about mud being on the ball so of course it ends up in the creek... 😂😂😂

Great shot 4th helps save par...  Still +2

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

2022 Masters tee times, Friday pairings   (All times Eastern)

8 a.m. – Sandy Lyle, Stewart Hagestad (a)
8:11 a.m. – Lucas Glover, Erik Van Rooyen, Cameron Champ
8:22 a.m. – Bernhard Langer, Christiaan Bezuidenhout, Cameron Davis
8:33 a.m. – Charl Schwartzel, Robert MacIntyre, Laird Shepard (a)
8:44 a.m. – Gary Woodland, Justin Rose, Takumi Kanaya
8:55 a.m. – Lee Westwood, Russell Henley, Corey Conners
9:06 a.m. – Patrick Reed, Seamus Power, Lucas Herbert
 9:39 a.m. – Marc Leishman, Webb Simpson, Sungjae Im
9:50 a.m. – Sergio Garcia, Thomas Pieters, Harold Varner III
10:01 a.m. – Abraham Ancer, Tyrrell Hatton, Sam Burns
10:12 a.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Billy Horschel, Collin Morikawa
10:23 a.m. -- Will Zalatoris, Patrick Cantlay, Jon Rahm
10:34 a.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Xander Schauffele, Viktor Hovland
10:45 a.m. -- Matthew Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka, Rory McIlroy
10:56 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, J.J. Spaun

11:18 a.m. – Mike Weir, Padraig Harrington, Austin Greaser (a)
11:29 a.m. – Larry Mize, Sepp Straka, Francesco Molinari
11:40 a.m. – Fred Couples, Garrick Higgo, Guido Migliozzi
11:51 a.m. – Vijay Singh, Ryan Palmer, Kyoung-hoon Lee
12:02 p.m. – Min Woo Lee, Hudson Swafford, Cameron Young
12:13 p.m. – Stewart Cink, Brian Harman, Harry Higgs
12:24 p.m. – Zach Johnson, Si Woo Kim, Aaron Jarvis (a)
12:35 p.m. – Luke List, Matthew Wolf, Mackenzie Hughes
12:57 p.m. – Danny Willett, Jason Kokrak, Talor Gooch
1:08 p.m. – Max Homa, Kevin Na, Shane Lowry
1:19 p.m. – Kevin Kisner, Daniel Berger and Tommy Fleetwood
1:30 p.m. -- Bryson DeChambeau, Cameron Smith, Paul Casey
1:41 p.m. -- Tiger Woods, Louis Oosthuizen, Joaquin Niemann
1:52 p.m. -- Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Thomas, James Piot (a)
2:03 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Scottie Scheffler, Tony Finau

53 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

The forecast calls for pain.

That forecast sucks.  One of the things I look forward to the most is someone making a charge on the back 9 on Sunday.  I guess it will be the opposite this Sunday, meaning who can avoid the train wrecks the weather may cause. 

I love how when I wake up and read articles I see tons of pundits saying that tiger could shoot in the 60’s today or be around the same score. Then I turn on ESPN and immediately hear “it could be the hardest round in masters history with the wind”. Real great reporting there. This wind just came out of nowhere this morning, no forecast showed this coming? 

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

His swing looks awful.  He’s got major issues going on.

As someone who went from a solid junior/amateur to having swing issues that took too long to correct, it’s extremely difficult to fix a swing when a lot of it is based on timing. All swings are based on timing, yes, but some more than others. And no, I’m not comparing me to Jordan (although I played with and against him multiple times) just pointing out when you start to go for distance which ultimately alters timing, it’s hard to sync it all up. For instance, if you follow George gankas (popular swing coach), you’ll see that a lot of the foundation for his swing fundamentals are based on taking the timing out of swings. I don’t know if a true comeback is in the cards for spieth anymore sadly. Lots going on.  

13 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I love how when I wake up and read articles I see tons of pundits saying that tiger could shoot in the 60’s today or be around the same score. Then I turn on ESPN and immediately hear “it could be the hardest round in masters history with the wind”. Real great reporting there. This wind just came out of nowhere this morning, no forecast showed this coming? 

I know they were discussing the weekend weather changes on Wednesday & Thursday on the Golf channel so it was definitely known.

I was talking to a family friend that played on tour for a long time. Played in several Masters, a ryder cup, etc..  Asked him what his first memory of what made Augusta National "different".  Said he teed off on one on his very first time out.  Was walking maybe 20 yards off the first tee and looked down and there was a maaaaybe 1" patch of clover.  It was circled in white as ground under repair.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So my pool (pick 2 from top 10, 2 from 11-20, 3 from 21+) has a couple "oops" in it.  JT, and now Horschel, who is just blowing up.  But Scheffler, Berger, Koepka, Fitzpatrick and Conners should all make the cut.  Pretty much need the winner to win it.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

No Paramount, I’m not signing up for your shitty plus package to watch golf.  But if you had put it over the air or on a free streaming app with commercials I would be watching right now.  

Free for a year for T-Mobile customers. Also the app has a week free I believe, just have to cancel on Sunday night.