2022 Masters - The Return of Tiger

Jive Turkey

On 3/25/2022 at 7:41 AM, dieucla98 said:

There is 0.0% chance Tiger's first competitive tournament back is the Masters. He has always said that he won't enter a tournament until he thinks he's tournament ready and can compete to win. Anything short of that and he's not playing. There isn't a human being on Earth that can be "tournament ready" with the Masters being their first tournament back from a significant injury.

He'd only play the Masters this year in some ceremonial capacity a la Nicklaus/Player but I don't think that's in his character, at least not yet.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on this post 👀 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ocugolf said:

Just feels like Justin Thomas' time to win another major.

I hope not.  For some reason I've never been a fan of his.  I'm sure he is a nice guy, loves his momma and puppies and all, but I don't like him.  He reminds me of Davis Love whom I also disliked. 

22 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I'm lucky enough to have been there for 2 practice rounds and it's funny to me to see all the people that stand and watch guys on the range for more than a couple of minutes.  With all the things to see and enjoy on that property the practice area would be near the bottom of my list.

I was there for a practice round in 1997 (Tigers 1st). I can still smell the azaleas. It was a bucket list moment for me. Still to this day of the best days of my life. I soaked in every minute.

Does the poster who had those awesome green crystal Masters' Old Fashioned glasses still post here?  His buddy bought them for him at the member gift shop.   If so, post another pic of those bad boys.  Had a chance to buy a set and balked because of the cost.

6 minutes ago, Wade said:

Does the poster who had those awesome green crystal Masters' Old Fashioned glasses still post here?  His buddy bought them for him at the member gift shop.   If so, post another pic of those bad boys.  Had a chance to buy a set and balked because of the cost.

https://www.thegolfauction.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=87963

auction ends Sunday.

28 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I’ve been keeping a close eye on this post 👀 

I'm not going to claim to be good at this whole odds thing.

Edit: though in my defense, I made 4 claims (0% chance he plays, he won't come back unless he feels he can win, no one can be ready to win with the Masters as their first tournament back, and he won't play in a ceremonial capacity). I got half of them right. That's gotta crush the Surly average.

Edited by dieucla98

1 hour ago, Wade said:

feels like that might have been @brown water

• Hook 'Em 1

I have zero issue rooting for tiger this week, or any week really. But- if he isn’t scoring then maybe we don’t need to see every shot of his?  Even with the crash and comeback, it’s not good tv nor is it very nice to him if he is struggling and espn feels compelled to show it all. 

if he is playing well, sure show it all as well as any number of sappy pieces about it, him, hogan’s crash, whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I have zero issue rooting for tiger this week, or any week really. But- if he isn’t scoring then maybe we don’t need to see every shot of his?  Even with the crash and comeback, it’s not good tv nor is it very nice to him if he is struggling and espn feels compelled to show it all. 

if he is playing well, sure show it all as well as any number of sappy pieces about it, him, hogan’s crash, whatever. 

I think you are in the minority. I want to see every shot of his. If he’s not in contention he will be done before the main guys, but you want to follow a rabbit to see how the place is playing, where the pins are, where the opportunities will be later. 
Might as well do that with Tiger as anyone else. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But- if he isn’t scoring then maybe we don’t need to see every shot of his?  Even with the crash and comeback, it’s not good tv nor is it very nice to him if he is struggling and espn feels compelled to show it all. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

You will see a bunch of Tiger. I'd just hope he plays well I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

More of a general gripe about how golf is broadcast, especially when it comes to him. 

Golf is a perfect sport to consume on a digital platform. You should be able to pick and choose the golfers and holes you want to see. The Masters app does a pretty good job but is far from perfect.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Golf is a perfect sport to consume on a digital platform. You should be able to pick and choose the golfers and holes you want to see. The Masters app does a pretty good job but is far from perfect.

Man,  I disagree. I think it's the best app in sports and it isn't close with mlb.tv being a distant 2nd.  You can just pick the players you want to watch and you see every single shot with no commentary. That's pretty much perfect to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, pops said:

Man,  I disagree. I think it's the best app in sports and it isn't close with mlb.tv being a distant 2nd.  You can just pick the players you want to watch and you see every single shot with no commentary. That's pretty much perfect to me. 

I agree that the Masters app is dope. Perfect to me would be the ability to watch each group or hole live, not just replays of shots. 

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I agree that the Masters app is dope. Perfect to me would be the ability to watch each group or hole live, not just replays of shots. 

Will be interesting to see if that's available this year. It just keeps getting better and better, but yeah that would be pretty great. 

3 hours ago, brown water said:

That was me.  They were something like $50 for 2 at the tournament.  

7EECBD62-D1B0-4B8C-AD7F-038EC4A7E105.jpeg

Can't make out what that is, but these were dark green crystal, only available in the member shop.  I was staring at them for like $350 or $400 to two and couldn't pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Jordan said he was excited for the dinner because the best beef he’s ever had was in Japan. He admitted that would probably make some Texans angry. 

never been to Japan, but cafe steaks in Argentina were better than anything in Texas 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You are going to see everyone of his shots, and then they will show him walking up his next shot and to the next tee; all the while over-analyzing the gate of his walk, his shoes, if he is walking up hill, downhill or sidehill. Hell they might even try to figure out what kind of socks he is wearing.

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

You are going to see everyone of his shots, and then they will show him walking up his next shot and to the next tee; all the while over-analyzing the gate of his walk, his shoes, if he is walking up hill, downhill or sidehill. Hell they might even try to figure out what kind of socks he is wearing.

If so then I’ll probably spend most of my time on the app watching the amen corner feed or leader group feeds when available. 

unless he’s actually in contention, then I’ll want to see all of that shit. 

42 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
51 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:
92B550BA-3182-49EF-9FC9-62905B941AF1.thumb.jpeg.23c029cb640caefbbc348919851e6f38.jpeg

Who the fuck in that pic can tie a full Windsor?

I'm seeing hideki, maybe player and benefit of the doubt immelman?

Missed sergio... that's full Windsor

Edited by pops
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Jordan said he was excited for the dinner because the best beef he’s ever had was in Japan. He admitted that would probably make some Texans angry. 

Also said he wants 2nds of everything and they'd have to get a cart to get him home.

Hideki really hit a home run. Though after the 2nd course, there was probably a long pause.

3 wood. And yea. Still had a 6 or 7 left. That hole is hard but 11 is impossible from the backs. Hardest hole in golf. You have to aim over the trees on the right and still hit a cut which is awkward. Then you have a long iron in to it. I was a puss and laid up to the right.

• Like 1