Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) dead

UnivTex34

Cobain’s lyrics were famously about nothing and I think Dave was pretty influenced by that at first.

Maybe. But the interviews I’ve seen with Dave almost made it seem like Nirvana was just his day job while he went home at night and wrote songs on guitar. Foo Fighters was really his destiny.

Maybe. But the interviews I’ve seen with Dave almost made it seem like Nirvana was just his day job while he went home at night and wrote songs on guitar. Foo Fighters was really his destiny.

Undoubtedly, but there’s a big change in his songwriting between self titled and Colour and the Shape, which is where he really brought Foo Fighters into their own
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Undoubtedly, but there’s a big change in his songwriting between self titled and Colour and the Shape, which is where he really brought Foo Fighters into their own

I feel that a band’s 2nd album is a lot of the time, my favorite.  Due to being a little more polished, make or break, knowing what you really want to sound like.  Exceptions being the early Beatles/Stones albums, etc. and Boston/Cars

PJ - Vs, Black Crowes - TSMaHC, Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites, FF -  Colour and the Shape, Jellyfish - Spilt Milk, Nirvana - Nevermind, Radiohead - The Bends, Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique, Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Zep II, VHII

I feel that a band’s 2nd album is a lot of the time, my favorite.  Due to being a little more polished, make or break, knowing what you really want to sound like.  Exceptions being the early Beatles/Stones albums, etc. and Boston/Cars
PJ - Vs, Black Crowes - TSMaHC, Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites, FF -  Colour and the Shape, Jellyfish - Spilt Milk, Nirvana - Nevermind, Radiohead - The Bends, Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique, Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream, Zep II, VHII

Those all slam.

Led Zep II is a covers album though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is some pretty shitty stuff but par for the course for rolling stone.  my guess is Hawkins had a drug problem and probably was all over the map when talking to friends, saying shit he might or might not have meant.  If he goes to Dave and says I've got to quit or I'm not gonna make it Dave probably says OK let's talk, what do you want to do?

Sure could Hawkins have felt he needed to keep going for the band and his family, maybe, but that's on Hawkins not Dave.  dude was 50 with a wife and 3 kids and still doing hard core drugs.  That's on Dave?  Bullshit. and fuck Rolling Stone for implying that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

this is some pretty shitty stuff but par for the course for rolling stone.  my guess is Hawkins had a drug problem and probably was all over the map when talking to friends, saying shit he might or might not have meant.  If he goes to Dave and says I've got to quit or I'm not gonna make it Dave probably says OK let's talk, what do you want to do?
Sure could Hawkins have felt he needed to keep going for the band and his family, maybe, but that's on Hawkins not Dave.  dude was 50 with a wife and 3 kids and still doing hard core drugs.  That's on Dave?  Bullshit. and fuck Rolling Stone for implying that.

This is kind of where I’m at. The whole thing read like someone had an axe to grind.

Chad Smith and Matt Cameron have already tweeted their apologies and regret for having participated in the article. I don't know why any drummer of their caliber would willingly share intimate conversations with this Preparation-H wipe of a magazine, anyway. Especially when a legit toxicology report and official cause of death, for your close friend, has still yet to be issued... Bonehead move by those two.

• Hook 'Em 1

That was tough.

I'm no doctor -- does an enlarged heart automatically put one at risk for sudden death?  The article mentions that he had a heart similar to that of a runner, which I took as meaning it was a result of super heavy and consistent cardio work; i.e., drumming.  Would that give him less margin for error?

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

100% this.

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That was tough.

I'm no doctor -- does an enlarged heart automatically put one at risk for sudden death?  The article mentions that he had a heart similar to that of a runner, which I took as meaning it was a result of super heavy and consistent cardio work; i.e., drumming.  Would that give him less margin for error?

Heavy drug use (previously) is also a reason for an enlarged heart, which is what I'm assuming happened here.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush, Brian May of Queen and Wolfgang Van Halen will be performing.  Well, holy shit, who wants to go to London?

Can anyone confirm the on sale time?  I’m showing 9am, but I’m in Italy. Not sure if that’s London time or what?

• 2 months later...