Elite Eight

Pancho

Said it Thursday night that Duke was into the FF. Once you beat a team like Tech frauds like Arkansas are just that - frauds. The resistance at the rim is no longer there, and much more. 
Same for Nova today. It beat an absolute beast in UH. A team that sometimes feels like it has 7 guys on defense. But Nova persevered. And will now play Monday night. 
Should be a helluva final. Glad we booked the Wyndham on Royal awhile back. Can't wait to be there in person this weekend. 

Nova plays next Saturday

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Said it Thursday night that Duke was into the FF. Once you beat a team like Tech frauds like Arkansas are just that - frauds. The resistance at the rim is no longer there, and much more. 

Same for Nova today. It beat an absolute beast in UH. A team that sometimes feels like it has 7 guys on defense. But Nova persevered. And will now play Monday night. 

Should be a helluva final. Glad we booked the Wyndham on Royal awhile back. Can't wait to be there in person this weekend. 

Houston is not an absolute beast. Not even close. They are the same team who got exposed by Baylor last year after beating all double digits to get there. Sure, they beat a soft ass Arizona team who is a Gonzaga of the Pac 12. You call Arkansas frauds but call Houston an absolute beast? Lulz.

Houston is a paperweight who could not even beat a team who shot 28%. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Houston is not an absolute beast. Not even close. They are the same team who got exposed by Baylor last year after beating all double digits to get there. Sure, they beat a soft ass Arizona team who is a Gonzaga of the Pac 12. You call Arkansas frauds but call Houston an absolute beast? Lulz.

Houston was outstanding in this tournament. They shot like shit today but there is absolutely no coach in the game that would want to see them. Ask Wright. He'll tell you. I hate Sampson more than anything but that team was manically relentless on both ends. 

Watch more college basketball and less Food Network. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

this. Houston is not an absolute beast.  hyperbole much.  they lost in elite eight.  they were a very good team and probably should have been a 3 seed but absolute beast?  no way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Houston was outstanding in this tournament. They shot like shit today but there is absolutely no coach in the game that would want to see them. Ask Wright. He'll tell you. I hate Sampson more than anything but that team was manically relentless on both ends. 

You and others are obsessed with Kelvin’s coaching acumen. I don’t get it. He’s average and has never done anything of note. 

9 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t see a team left that can hang with Duke’s talent.  It will be a massive K suck fest from here on out. 

Nova and Kansas can. I had all three in my FF (along with Purdue). Have Duke beating Villanova. Finally feeling okay about it. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

How are we re-litigating Houston again? We did this last year already and i think they’ve proven pretty clearly they are legit. They have an elite level coach who is a great recruiter and coaches high intensity teams. They’ve made the tourney four of the last five years. They made the sweet 16 in 2019, the final four last year and the elite 8 this year. That’s a pretty ridiculous run for a five year stretch that is hard to match for just about anyone outside a handful at best. They are legit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

How very aggy of them

Does Texas decide the cutoff on postseason banners?  There are most definitely non-championship banners in the FEC.

Fuck aggy, but   If it's championship or nothing, then fucking live by it.

Frank Erwin Center – Texas Longhorns | Stadium Journey

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

How very aggy of them

55 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Final four banners are way different than elite 8 or sweet 16 banners.

I’m pretty sure most (nearly 90%) of all D1 schools have a banner for the years they made the S16 and EE.  This isn’t uncommon. We had them in the FEC.  They might have been taken down, but during my years at UT they were definitely there. 

Yeah, I definitely remember Sweet 16 banners in the FEC.  Pretty sure they're gone now.  And the two NIT banners.  Not sure if any of that will go up at the new Moody Center (I do like the retired jerseys).  Not sure how I feel about celebrating second weekend appearances long after the fact.  Definitely conference championships and Final Fours though, plaster that shit everywhere.  

But if I'm Saint Peter's, absolutely hoist that shit up.  With any luck, it'll be a Final Four banner to boot.  And under it, a quote:
"And David put his hand in the bag.  And took out a stone, and slung it.  And struck the Philistine on the head, and he fell to the ground. TEAM!" 

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

You and others are obsessed with Kelvin’s coaching acumen. I don’t get it. He’s average and has never done anything of note. 

How many average coaches reach a string of a sweet 16, final four and elite 8 appearances in three consecutive tournaments? I believe most programs would be overjoyed with an average coach in that case.

51 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I definitely remember Sweet 16 banners in the FEC.  Pretty sure they're gone now.  And the two NIT banners.  Not sure if any of that will go up at the new Moody Center (I do like the retired jerseys).  Not sure how I feel about celebrating second weekend appearances long after the fact.  Definitely conference championships and Final Fours though, plaster that shit everywhere.  

But if I'm Saint Peter's, absolutely hoist that shit up.  With any luck, it'll be a Final Four banner to boot.  And under it, a quote:
"And David put his hand in the bag.  And took out a stone, and slung it.  And struck the Philistine on the head, and he fell to the ground. TEAM!" 

We took down our NIT champs banner?!?

CDC can never take that away from me! I saw it with my own eyes 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chad said:

How many average coaches reach a string of a sweet 16, final four and elite 8 appearances in three consecutive tournaments? I believe most programs would be overjoyed with an average coach in that case.

So he’s a slightly more successful Rick Barnes.