2018 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo

OKC cost Texas Tech a national seed, IMHO.  

Looks like Oxford for us for Supers.  Wouldn't be the first upset there 

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Loco said:

DeS821TWkAAnCV3.jpg:large

Like they'll ever play...so much fucking rain

Roar! Baseball is the only real sport Columbia's even mid-majorly good at. Was hoping we'd get Oxford but the NCAA always drops us down to Regionals in Florida for some reason - we stole a couple games in Miami two years ago so hopefully we can play spoiler again..

honest question.

With Tech being a 9 seed, if one of the top 8 falters this coming weekend, would Tech be a Supers host, should they advance?

25 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Those dipshits will ruin our regional no matter the outcome

as was told to me in last night's thread, let them leave like they show'd up.

Cryin ass bitches.

( I changed a few words)

1 minute ago, slorch said:

honest question.

With Tech being a 9 seed, if one of the top 8 falters this coming weekend, would Tech be a Supers host, should they advance?

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

honest question.

If UGA loses and tech wins, then the super would be in Lubbock

I see now.  We would need UGa to lose in order to host.  On the bright side of competition, should the Bulldogs advance, Tech would have the opportunity to prove it on the field to advance to Omaha.

Yeah, getting all ahead of myself, but I like our pairing.

16 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Looks like the highest RPI team to get left out is Kentucky at 30

I'm actually pretty impressed -- this committee looks like they ignored the RPI more than any previous committee has.  

Every committee says the RPI is not that important, and then their selections always line up about 95% with the RPI.  

Edited by Beau Vine

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Come on, man.  

It makes sense either way.  I just didn't know if they reseeded the field going into each weekend.

Simple questions not allowed?

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Roar! Baseball is the only real sport Columbia's even mid-majorly good at. Was hoping we'd get Oxford but the NCAA always drops us down to Regionals in Florida for some reason - we stole a couple games in Miami two years ago so hopefully we can play spoiler again..

Hope not, but should be good... looks like it'll be played Friday.

Spoiler

DeTG9JfX0AA6CUd.jpg

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

yeah, no shade, full sun, and high humidity...  not death valley, but more uncomfortable than you might think.

mcKethan_1.jpg

The facility is kind of a dump, the Gata never got around to infrastructure week.   Night/evening games...great

_gallery_dl_photos_95_ncaa-bcu_960x400_0

I went to the Bama Florida game 3 or 4 years ago, everyone went to the O Dome to take a leak, same.for baseball?

Florida, south, humidity, youd think maybe throw some money around, maybe a roof and some fans. That looks miserable

So the selection committee set the tournament up so that teams from California and Washington would not have to come to Texas, Mississippi or North Carolina as they are not allowed to use public funds to travel to those states (related to bathroom law).

Whether you agree or disagree with the law, that's bullshit.  Its a tournament and the seeding are supposed to be merit based.  You should not be allowed to essentially refuse to play certain road games in a tournament.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

It's not the selection committee's fault that Dan Patrick is a small man.  A non-Christian.  A fucking shitheap of the highest order.  If I were the selection committee, I'd mail him a box containing their explanation and criteria for seeding/site assignments, and then label it "Fresh, Pulsating Cock"...because that way you're sure he'll open it.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's not the selection committee's fault that Dan Patrick is a small man.  A non-Christian.  A fucking shitheap of the highest order.  If I were the selection committee, I'd mail him a box containing their explanation and criteria for seeding/site assignments, and then label it "Fresh, Pulsating Cock"...because that way you're sure he'll open it.  

But are you sure that dolt knows how to read? Might be best to just attach a picture. 

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

So the selection committee set the tournament up so that teams from California and Washington would not have to come to Texas, Mississippi or North Carolina as they are not allowed to use public funds to travel to those states (related to bathroom law).

Whether you agree or disagree with the law, that's bullshit.  Its a tournament and the seeding are supposed to be merit based.  You should not be allowed to essentially refuse to play certain road games in a tournament.

Yeah, that's crap.  What would they do if the state of Nebraska passed such a law?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, that's crap.  What would they do if the state of Nebraska passed such a law?

They can ask for waivers, but the selection committee didn't want to even go there so just adjusted the brackets so there would be no conflicts.

21 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

They can ask for waivers, but the selection committee didn't want to even go there so just adjusted the brackets so there would be no conflicts.

I still think it's crap.  If, say, California were to see it's state schools consistently disqualified from playoffs for not showing up to compete, their state Assembly would act pretty quickly to modify their dumb law.