2018 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

*sigh* we gave it a good shot. Playing UF close for half of the game is a pretty good sign for the FAU and Jacksonville matchups, though.

hard fought, Gata pitching is not as nasty as last year, but we have the offense to make up for it...  I see a trip to Omaha, then 2 &Q

• Like 1

Oh whoops - Teel didn't go a CG.  I just assumed that because he was in there in the 9th.  Holiday actually had the bullpen start and Teel didn't come in until the 5th.  Interesting.

I guess the idea is that Teel would have some availability on Sunday if necessary... 

Edited by oSuJeff97

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Given that this is day 1 of the regionals, this is the most gawdawful baseball game I've ever seen.

This has to be the most runs ever given up on day 1 by a non-4th seed.

22 hits and 3 errors in 3 games - fla, osu, and auburn games. 33 hits and 5 errors in the ou game.

Guest Lobo

NSIAP-but what's going on in Oxford right now?  Rain?  Tennessee Tech/Mizz State haven't started yet and that was slated to begin two hours ago.  

Prediction-one of those two teams wins that Regional.  And our town will be awash in their fanbase at this precise moment 7 days from now.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

NSIAP-but what's going on in Oxford right now?  Rain?  Tennessee Tech/Mizz State haven't started yet and that was slated to begin two hours ago.  

Prediction-one of those two teams wins that Regional.  And our town will be awash in their fanbase at this precise moment 7 days from now.  

Storm in Oxford

Storms and not done yet either
778e4e037c790325e3ce2fa04c89dedf.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Guest Lobo

Well, I hope nobody gets hurt.  by the looks of the forecast, they'll be lucky to get this regional done by Wednesday.  

IF there's damage to the stadium (named for my uncle's uncle)...we can host here in austin. 

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Part of me thinks it's absurd that a top SEC team doesn't have a field that drains better than that, but... That's my favorite college field that I've ever been to, and it's built way down low in a natural depression.  

Mississippi IS a natural depression.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Part of me thinks it's absurd that a top SEC team doesn't have a field that drains better than that, but... That's my favorite college field that I've ever been to, and it's built way down low in a natural depression.  

Meh.
At least it’s not the Dell Diamond?

1debf4f004a37d52535d292ec550c73a.jpg
(Granted Memorial Day floods a couple of years ago trumps whatever passing shower they had just now in Oxford, but this pic still amazes me)