2018 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

29 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

label me you know you want to

So tired of that and the "It's not about your gen-daah" version.  If the NCAA is going to make horribad SJW promocials, at least show more than 2 over and over.

For those lucky enough to have missed it (shown at least 18 times per game on ESPN3):

You know what I am?

I'm a pitcher - I'm a striker

I'm a point guard - I'm a linebacker

I'm a man - I'm a goddess

I'm a man - I'm a hooker

I'm a man - I'm a blue movie

I'm a man - I'm a slut

I'm a man - I'm a geisha

I'm a man - I'm babe

I'm a man - I'm a dream divine

And we make love together

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

13-6 Gophers at the 7th inning stretch. 

If this holds up, this will be both the Gophers and John Anderson's first ever Super Regional. Gophers have 3 national championships, but the last was 1964.

Very cool GR, hope it holds up!

Guest Lobo

I'm assuming that blank spot at 12noon tomorrow left open for a regional broadcast is on SECN.  I assume that's on most bars cable packages?  

Super Regionals:

Auburn vs Florida/Florida Atlantic winner (FAU would need to win twice)

Texas Tech vs Georgia/Duke (Duke would need to win twice)

Arkansas vs South Carolina/UNCW winner (UNCW would need to win twice)

Texas vs Ole Miss/Tennessee Tech winner (Tennessee Tech would need to win twice)

Washington vs Cal State Fullerton

Vanderbilt vs OU sucks/Mississippi State winner (winner take all, both teams have a loss)

Stetson vs North Carolina

Minnesota vs Oregon State

Shotgun start today, all 5 games start at noon.

5 of the 16 regional sites were placed in the Carolinas, 4 of those 5 hosts lost (E. Car, NC St, Coastal Car, and Clemson) and UNC needed a bad call throwing UH out at the plate to hold on in their winners bracket game. (Great job refusing to use replay this round, NCAA.  Tons of blown calls, several decided games.)

Oregon St is still pitching their pedo who molested his 6-year old cousin when he was in high school.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/oregon-state-silent-as-luke-heimlich-is-somehow-allowed-to-return-to-the-diamond/

#Me2.42ERA

Edited by clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Fly to Memphis and drive to Oxford is the easiest route right? Trying to get out of my work travel over the next weekend to see if I can swing getting to the games

You got it. Easy 1.5 hour drive, cheap gas and rental cars. Get there for dinner so you can eat at one of Oxford's ridiculous oversupply of excellent restaurants.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GopherRock said:

UCLA is falling apart. Gophers have scored 9 runs in ther bottom of the 4th to go up 13-4, and there are still multiple runners on with only 1 away. To add insult to injury, the Siebert Field crowd is serenading the Bruins with the sieve chant. 

Yeah, that was freaking ugly.  Wait till next year!

If we were going to lose to anyone, I'm glad it was the Gophers.  My pops was a Gopher.  Ski-U-Mah!

Edited by Sbbruin

Guest Lobo

Because remember kids, here at the NCAA...you can have an institutional coverup at the highest levels, violating federal Title IX laws, to hide gangrape, sexual assault, and gender intimidation.  But if you're drinking a beer at one of our postseason events, and there's lightning with 250 miles, you'd goddamn better well be on the other side of that bolt.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

the hot streak both those teams hit after his passing is kind of eerie.  Both certainly overachieved after a certain point.  The really  otherworldly thing is how close Illinois got to making it as well (to regionals, a rarity for that program).  

7 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

It isn't and hasn't been raining in Gainesville, FL, but because of NCAA rules regarding lightning within 500 miles of a stadium, there is a rain delay.  The other 4 games are under way.

That's why they call it #Rainesville

It's full on summer mode there and it will rain like the apocalypse every afternoon...