2018 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

Duke up on UG 8-5, bottom of the 7th.  If Duke wins, Tech hosts Super.  If UG wins, UG hosts the Super and Tech travels to Athens.

Besides the fact that I want Tech to host the Super...I really, really, really want another SEC SEC SEC team to go down.

EDIT:  Buttfumble beat me to it.

Edited by Uncle Nate

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

Duke up on UG 6-5, bottom of the 7th.  If Duke wins, Tech hosts Super.  If UG wins, UG hosts the Super and Tech travels to Athens.

Besides the fact that I want Tech to host the Super...I really, really, really want another SEC SEC SEC team to go down.

they just had a 2 run HR up 8-5 now

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Duke is ass. 

I will eat the chair I'm sitting in if Duke beats Georgia twice today.

Duke can mash evidently. 

3 outs left to not give up 7 runs... 

Edited by msudawg

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Great outing for that Tennessee Tech pitcher but borderline dangerous the amount of pitches he threw over the last couple of days. 

Man, not that I disagree with you, but no one goes to pitch for Tennessee Tech expecting to have his arm protected in a regional final.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, msudawg said:

MSU goes to the bullpen to our closer up 4-1 after 7.5

JP FRrance went 7IP in his 2nd start of the year. Best start of the year for an MSU pitcher. 2 hits. 2 walks, 5k's with the season on the line. not bad for a grad transfer from tulane

That's after OU scored 20 in the Friday game started by your ace with the entire bullpen fresh.  Funny things happen in baseball.  Also, OU sucks.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

That's after OU scored 20 in the Friday game started by your ace with the entire bullpen fresh.  Funny things happen in baseball.  Also, OU sucks.

Pilk is "ace" only in name. He has huge time potential but hasn't made it past the 5th inning without barfing up a half dozen runs in a while. Plus we kept making HORRIBLE errors or throws not scored an error. As you can see that wasn't a representation of our ball club. 

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Not sure you understand how arms work...

Bringing their ace in to pitch after throwing over 90 pitches in 5 innings on Saturday is the definition of "overextending arms". 

Good luck having Moths anywhere close to fresh next weekend if Tennessee Tech advances. 

Tennessee Tech has definitely overextended Roberts and Moths this weekend. They probably don't have a choice, but it's happening. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 minutes ago, Stros said:

Mound visits from the tech coach

Yeah I saw that. I meant a few minutes later on the ball 4 call. It wasn't a good pitch.  0-2? Sure, good pitch. 3-0? Shitty pitch.

Edited by wood

11 minutes ago, Loco said:

burn those arms boys, burn those arms!

This guy has pitched 1 (ONE) inning all season.

9 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Bringing their ace in to pitch after throwing over 90 pitches over 5 innings on Saturday is the definition of "overextending arms". 

Good luck having Moths anywhere close to fresh next weekend if Tennessee Tech advances. 

Tennessee Tech has definitely overextended Roberts and Moths this weekend. They probably don't have a choice, but it's happening. 

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of strict pitch counts.

But when you're 20-21, you can do anything, and you recover sooooooooo quickly.  None of this is going to affect TNTech pitchers next week.  It might do long-term damage, but they'll be fine if they need to pitch next week. 

That's the horrible dichotomy for college coaches.

See Graham, Wayne.

Edited by Beau Vine

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Disclaimer: I am a huge fan of strict pitch counts.

But when you're 20-21, you can do anything, and you recover sooooooooo quickly.  None of this is going to affect TNTech pitchers next week.  It might do long-term damage, but they'll be fine if they need to pitch next week. 

agree to disagree. They will be fine to pitch next week but that doesn't mean their arms are fresh. 

Edited by texasstrong12