Final Four

A-Tex Devil

Both Duke and UNC have been so many times to the Final 4 that it almost seems casual that they're here again.  Like no big deal.  Have no idea who is going to win it all but my guess would be UNC KU since UNC can go inside out and obviously Nova was handicapped with a late injury.  If I was betting, it would be KU though.  No way they can play better than they shot today--54%?  Just no way, but that outside game is too consistent and they have McCormick inside that can body up against anybody.  Just my drunken 2 cents.

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Both Duke and UNC have been so many times to the Final 4 that it almost seems casual that they're here again.  Like no big deal.  Have no idea who is going to win it all but my guess would be UNC KU since UNC can go inside out and obviously Nova was handicapped with a late injury.  If I was betting, it would be KU though.  No way they can play better than they shot today--54%?  Just no way, but that outside game is too consistent and they have McCormick inside that can body up against anybody.  Just my drunken 2 cents.

Sir Charles Barkley has picked Kansas to win Monday. So you and Sir Charles are in agreement.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I think every player in this Duke line up can play all 5 positions..wow

It's odd watching the big bring the ball up court.  Meanwhile Texas has difficulty finding guys that can handle the ball for key stretches. 

Edited by Mdhorn

Bacot and Manek are a combined 1/4. They need more shots or Duke is going to roll them. In the second game victory at Duke Manek and Bacot combined for 43 points.

As a team UNC is shooting horribly too. If not for Davis they'd be down more than 10. And without Davis the starters are 2/13.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Bacot and Manek are a combined 1/4. They need more shots or Duke is going to roll them. In the second game victory at Duke Manek and Bacot combined for 43 points.

As a team UNC is shooting horribly too. If not for Davis they'd be down more than 10. And without Davis the starters are 2/13.

UNC is settling for contested perimeter shots.

The KU Nova game was under 10 minutes in the second half before anybody had a foul (for the half).  I don't know what constitutes a foul anymore--the hand is the extension of the ball until it's not. And wth is a blocking foul anymore?

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, Mdhorn said:

UNC wasn't taking it inside.  Going inside does several things--collects fouls and opens up the perimeter being two good ones.  

Agree to disagree. On this last possession, they let like five fouls go until forced to call it. I agree they needed to go back inside after Williams went out, but Duke got more physical after it as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1